Alliance & Leicester (merged)

Options

Comments

• MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dj9928 wrote: »
    What the hell is going on, I'm due in court on 25th May, I mean I got the letter etc from the court to prove it, I check the claim on line it says "Relisting Notice" the hearing on 29th June 2007. This is a total joke, SEBOYLE has the same problem as me

:confused: Has anyone rung the court to find out what's going on? Sounds mighty weird to me ... probably the bank using yet more delay tactics to pile on the agony and encourage you to back down??

I thought that MOL ended when the bank defended?

I don't think the OFT are making any sort of ruling until next year, though I might be wrong.

I'd post on the CAG site ASAP (if you haven't already) to get their opinion.

Let us know how you get on ...
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • sateen
    sateen Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    MimiJane wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm not quite at the same stage as you ... waiting for a court date:rolleyes: Just wondering how you're getting on ... have you posted your court bundle yet? It's also wise to produce a Statement of Evidence for the actual day in court, though it doesn't have to be included in the court bundle (unless the judge requests otherwise). A template is on the CAG site, but I can post the link if you haven't got it already

hi mimi.
    am waiting for a court date as well.
  • sateen
    sateen Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    sixxdog_UK wrote: »
    Hi Simon,

I today spoke to the section of my local court who is dealing with my claim , and they have indicated that the District Judge at Leicester is not putting too much credence in the LLOYDS case , and may wait to see what the outcome of any appeal is.

I'm pressing on mate, but i will add that if i got a very decent offer of about £1000 out of £1580 (£1700 inc Fees) , i'd take it and run to save time and hassle.

Were in un chartered water at the moment , my advice is sit tight and see how the first A&L cases (due Next Week) Pan Out.

Kind Regards,

Hi, Whats all this about Lloyds victory ???????
    Haven't heard anything about this..........

Sateen
  • MimiJane
    Options
    sateen wrote: »
    sixxdog_UK wrote: »
    Hi Simon,

I today spoke to the section of my local court who is dealing with my claim , and they have indicated that the District Judge at Leicester is not putting too much credence in the LLOYDS case , and may wait to see what the outcome of any appeal is.

I'm pressing on mate, but i will add that if i got a very decent offer of about £1000 out of £1580 (£1700 inc Fees) , i'd take it and run to save time and hassle.

Were in un chartered water at the moment , my advice is sit tight and see how the first A&L cases (due Next Week) Pan Out.

Kind Regards,

Hi, Whats all this about Lloyds victory ???????
    Haven't heard anything about this..........

Sateen

See top post ... are the cases going to court next week or not??

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • nappy
    nappy Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hi to all, havent posted anything for a few days, but have been reading!
    I have just received my notification yesterday of my transfer to my local county court, i havent had to fill out a questionnaire form, is this a good or bad thing!!
    I have been noticing all the links that have been provided, but when ive clicked on them, ive been unable to get them, any help would be much appreciated!
    Do i need to be sending anything to my local court or the solictors for A&L, to i need to be ringing anybody at all, its just that you guys seem to have been contacting people and downloading forms at this stage, im at a bit of a loss as i havent done any of this and am worrying at this stage that i should be doing something, please anybody help, many thanks for reading.
    How are you getting on mimijane, looks like all i have to wait for now is my date!! Why do i get the feeling that this isnt going to go the way i want it to,
    thanks,
    michelle
  • MimiJane
    Options
    nappy wrote: »
    Hi to all, havent posted anything for a few days, but have been reading!
    I have just received my notification yesterday of my transfer to my local county court, i havent had to fill out a questionnaire form, is this a good or bad thing!!
    I have been noticing all the links that have been provided, but when ive clicked on them, ive been unable to get them, any help would be much appreciated!
    Do i need to be sending anything to my local court or the solictors for A&L, to i need to be ringing anybody at all, its just that you guys seem to have been contacting people and downloading forms at this stage, im at a bit of a loss as i havent done any of this and am worrying at this stage that i should be doing something, please anybody help, many thanks for reading.
    How are you getting on mimijane, looks like all i have to wait for now is my date!! Why do i get the feeling that this isnt going to go the way i want it to,
    thanks,
    michelle

Not having to fill in an AQ doesn't mean much at all ... it may still be asked for by your local judge, but may not if they're inundated with claims. In the meantime, ring the court to see if you owe them an allocation fee (normally an extra £100 if your claim is over £1,500).

One option you have while waiting for a hearing date is to send A&L a "nudge" letter (which I'm just preparing). The link is here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html?highlight=allocation#post695176

Still waiting for my hearing date, but expecting something through soon.:rolleyes:

Good luck, keep us posted and let me know if you want any further help and I'll do my besticon7.gif

Try not to worry ... this is exactly what they want. Just remind yourself, it's the bank on trial, no one's been murdered, and the worst that can happen is that we have to go to court and then lose. If we do, at least we won't have to pay costs to the bank. It's all stalling tactics and I'm sure they'll pay up before it gets to court.

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • nappy
    nappy Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you ever so much.
    I wish i had your knowledge and confidence, you seem to know so much about all this procedure, who to contact, what forms are needed.
    At first when i sent my £10 for my statements i honestly thought i woud have had a settlement, but reading all the threads, realised it would probably take a little longer.
    I have just managed to have a little look at the court bundles, do i have to print off the entire bundle, if so i will do this in work tonight?
    Do i also print off the link that you have provided me with in your above post?
    Have you been transferred to your local court yet, if so, how long have you been waiting for your date for court,
    Thank you again, but i really my starting to feel a little out of my depth, what with all these forms etc etc,
    thanks to mimijane
  • MimiJane
    Options
    nappy wrote: »
    Thank you ever so much.
    I wish i had your knowledge and confidence, you seem to know so much about all this procedure, who to contact, what forms are needed.
    At first when i sent my £10 for my statements i honestly thought i woud have had a settlement, but reading all the threads, realised it would probably take a little longer.
    I have just managed to have a little look at the court bundles, do i have to print off the entire bundle, if so i will do this in work tonight?
    Do i also print off the link that you have provided me with in your above post?
    Have you been transferred to your local court yet, if so, how long have you been waiting for your date for court,
    Thank you again, but i really my starting to feel a little out of my depth, what with all these forms etc etc,
    thanks to mimijane

Hi Nappy,

Fortunately I've got time at the moment to read through loads of threads ... both here and on the CAG site, so I'm trying to keep one step ahead!

Start to prepare your court bundle by all means ... put correspondence in date order, get bank statements together (just the ones with charges on), start your index sheet, etc., but I wouldn't start printing off all the legal reports, etc. as there's so much. At least wait until you have a court date. The main thing is to be prepared ... know what you have to print off, how you're going to copy it, etc. You'll need 3 copies ... one for the court, one for Wragge's and one for you (you also take the originals into court with you in case the judge wants to see them).

Totally up to you if you want to print off the above link ... lots of useful info., but you'll probably only want to use the letter/s template. I've put the link in my "favourites" to refer to.

Transferred to my local court two weeks ago and expecting a date next week/the week after, but it depends entirely on how busy your local court is as to when you hear. I believe they have to give you at least a month's advance warning.

Please try not to worry, take it step by step and there's plenty of help on here. Some people are ahead of us and we'll learn from them hopefully.icon7.gif

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • oscar_uk_2
    oscar_uk_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Claimed: 250
    Recieved: 250

Started the process with A&L back in March to claim 250 pounds that had been ruthlessly fleeced from my account.

Wrote all three letters (they refunded 125 after first letter) and filed the MCOL on 3rd May. Got a check today for 155 (balance plus fee). Received notice of their intent to defend today as well!!

Don't think the lloyds case means anything.
  • philipcrossan
    Options
    I have today received an offer from A&L which is for all failed, Cheques, Standing Orders and Direct Debit charges less £12 for each one!!!

They have refused to pay all the other charges relating to me being overdrawn. I feel that these other charges were levied because they have debited charges for the above. If they didn't debit those payments i wouldn't have been overdrawn!!

Any advice on what I should do? Anyone else been in this situation?

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport