Forum Home» Energy

MSE News: EDF hike prices

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

MSE News: EDF hike prices

edited 3 February 2011 at 7:30PM in Energy
36 replies 4.9K views
MSE_ArchnaMSE_Archna Former MSE
1.9K posts
MSE Staff
edited 3 February 2011 at 7:30PM in Energy
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:
Read the full story:
EDF to hike prices

OfficialStamp.gif

Replies

• Bark01Bark01 Forumite
    832 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of us in here on Online [email protected] 7 so I thought I’d point out early on in this thread that is not included in this. I rang up and checked.
    :T
  • Bark01 wrote: »
    There are a lot of us in here on Online [email protected] 7 so I thought I’d point out early on in this thread that is not included in this. I rang up and checked.
    :T

I really hope this is true but IME of EDF's customer services so far I won't be rejoicing just yet. :p
  • CIMCIM Forumite
    24 posts
    I really hope this is true but IME of EDF's customer services so far I won't be rejoicing just yet. :p

They just told me the same, but I find it hard to believe that they are hiking prices 7% but only for 'non-online' tariffs.
  • Just phoned and got told the increases do affect online tariffs from V1 to V6, but as yet no further details.:mad:
  • Id like to find out whats happening with V7 as thats what I am on, I think it will be affected I mean they are even putting the social tariffs up so why should they not hike V7's ?.
    His Heart Proved He Was A Red
    Suarez, Suarez
    We Bought The Lad From Amsterdam
    We Know He's Not a Chelsea Fan.
    Fernando Torres = El Judas
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • i can confirm fixed tariffs such as annual fix 3 and 4, fixed price 2015 etc are not effected, the only online version tariffs that will go up are 1,2 and 6 but 3,4,5,7,8 will not be effected by the price increase, this is because these tariffs are set prices up until their termination date - this is the official plans!

hope that helps a little

x
  • When I have phoned EDF in the past a customer service advisor said that this was the tariff she was on and its a very good tariff as it would not increase until the fix ended . I did not take much notice and just presumed she had made a mistake but maybe she was right after reading *depressed* comments
  • pstuartpstuart Forumite
    668 posts
    There was a bit of a thread last year about deliberate artificially new low DD's from them, some increased their levels, others accepted these figures as a great saving on their previous suppliers.

Those wanting to swop now will have a surprise when they go to clear their outstanding balances after this winter.

An excellent marketing ploy?
  • CIMCIM Forumite
    24 posts
    i can confirm fixed tariffs such as annual fix 3 and 4, fixed price 2015 etc are not effected, the only online version tariffs that will go up are 1,2 and 6 but 3,4,5,7,8 will not be effected by the price increase, this is because these tariffs are set prices up until their termination date - this is the official plans!

Not sure about the other tariffs but I understand Online [email protected] V8 is a variable price tariff.

To quote edf : "This means your prices could go up or down; however you’re guaranteed a minimum 2% discount on our Standard tariff prices until 31 March 2012."

In which case surely not a set price?
  • reefreef Forumite
    43 posts
    It looks like Online [EMAIL="S@ver"][email protected][/EMAIL] version 6 is definitely going up.

Ive just checked the price on uswitch and apparently its now 2.97p per kwh for gas and 8.43p for electricity for where I live. Comparing that to my last bill dated November 30th its up from 2.455p and 6.800p - so increases of 21% and 24%!

Id like to be able to confirm this from their website, but I cant find the prices for older tariffs anywhere and the price rise page is as vague as ever. Im hoping its not true, as Im still tied in for another 6 months from when the price rises!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support