£25 hobbs gift card with Red magazine

Options

Comments

• tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dollypop wrote: »
    I used the voucher in my local store yesterday without a problem. I didn't find the sales assistants snotty although they are more attentive than in a lot of high street stores, offering to take items to the changing room for me whilst I was browsing and that kind of thing!

On payment the assistant didn't know how to use the card although she knew what it was and her manager showed her how to put it through. The manager commented on what a good deal the voucher was and confirmed that I could return with another gift card if I wished!
    HTH :D

I love it when a SA does that, frees up my hands for browsing :D

p.s. yay for the friendly manager!!!!
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff in the Hobbs store I was in. Staff carried everything to the changing room - asked me discreetly whilst browsing had I heard about the offer because there were more magazines left in the store close by if I hadn't (told her I had a card), couldn't have been more pleased, and when I couldn't decide between three tops on sales assistant told me she'd hang on to them if I wanted to go and buy more discount cards and put them through as separate purchases. I then ummed and ahhed over some jeans and she told me I could use as many cards as I wanted if there were any more left to buy.

I told her I'd think about it and maybe pop back later in the week and she said they looked forward to seeing me again, thus, I bought three more cards and will be going back again.

Quality of products are fantastic, staff are amazing and this is one brilliant, brilliant offer. I will be back at Hobbs again anytime.
  • twinklyeys
    twinklyeys Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    ceebeeby wrote: »
    I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff in the Hobbs store I was in. Staff carried everything to the changing room - asked me discreetly whilst browsing had I heard about the offer because there were more magazines left in the store close by if I hadn't (told her I had a card), couldn't have been more pleased, and when I couldn't decide between three tops on sales assistant told me she'd hang on to them if I wanted to go and buy more discount cards and put them through as separate purchases. I then ummed and ahhed over some jeans and she told me I could use as many cards as I wanted if there were any more left to buy.

I told her I'd think about it and maybe pop back later in the week and she said they looked forward to seeing me again, thus, I bought three more cards and will be going back again.

Quality of products are fantastic, staff are amazing and this is one brilliant, brilliant offer. I will be back at Hobbs again anytime.

This is the experience that EVERYONE should have!
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    I can honestly say neither of the Glasgow stores have "snooty" assistants. It's fair to say Hobbs staff are more attentive than others but then I think that it's perfectly reasonable given their prices are higher than bog standard high street chains.

It makes a pleasant change to have someone bring another option or another size to the fitting room without prompting rather than being ignored by SA's and having to get dressed again and go find the other size yourself, which seems to be standard elsewhere.

I've left the shop without buying on many occasions and have never been treated anything other than courteously. I've also picked up web orders (mostly sale bargains) instore and the staff are more than happy for me to try them on immediately in case they need to be refunded.

Don't be put off by one bad apple. I'd be inclined to let the store manager know (nicely of course) - if it was my store I'd certainly want to know about it.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • ASLK
    ASLK Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I went into the Birmingham Pavillions store today and bought the 'Fisher' top with the bird print. It is lovely and cost me £10 on top of the gift card. They also had it in black and emerald green so I think I'll get them too if I can get more cards. I got a large which is like a 14-16. I would have had a size bigger to give a bit more room but they don't do XL in that top and some other things too.

I'm amazed that people encountered such rude staff. The staff in this store were just so lovely! I had my four and a half month old daughter and niece with me (I looked like a young Mum of twins-hardly their usual clientelle) and when my niece started to cry, my Mum was told she was more than welcome to feed her sitting on the poufe in the shop. I was also told I could breastfeed my daughter if necessary but I didn't need to. This, to me, is always a sign of good service!

The staff weren't fussed in the slightest that we were only there to spend the gift card. In fact, they were saying it was really nice to have so many customers who wouldn't normally go in. They were also telling me that the sale stock was being taken away tomorrow so if I found anything I wanted I should buy it today/tomorrow seen as there would be no more bargains after then.
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am going to try my card tomorrow.I hate it when you get terrible assistants and I will gladly say something to them if they start making coments.it's Hobbs handing out the £25 so we can buy any top for £25 and get it for free if we so wish too.I am getting ready for them I just hope they are as nice as most experiences on here
  • teabythesea
    teabythesea Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Options
    The vest tops are polyester... £25 what a joke! Don't think I'll waste my money getting the magazine, same material as primark! I said thanks anyway tho OP as good deal if you're buying something cashmere etc. x
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can honestly say neither of the Glasgow stores have "snooty" assistants. It's fair to say Hobbs staff are more attentive than others but then I think that it's perfectly reasonable given their prices are higher than bog standard high street chains.

It makes a pleasant change to have someone bring another option or another size to the fitting room without prompting rather than being ignored by SA's and having to get dressed again and go find the other size yourself, which seems to be standard elsewhere.

I really hate it when this happens :mad:, I have been known to just get dressed and walk out tbh. New Look changing room staff are the worst for this in my experience.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The vest tops are polyester... £25 what a joke! Don't think I'll waste my money getting the magazine, same material as primark! I said thanks anyway tho OP as good deal if you're buying something cashmere etc. x

Coming from a Textile background (degree) I can say there are many different types of polyester which have quality levels.

Its a bit like saying "Oh I wont buy that M&S yogurt as Tesco Value/Asda also sell yogurts. The difference is in the quality.
  • Issyc
    Issyc Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Well if you are getting it for nothing, it can't be bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure