£25 hobbs gift card with Red magazine

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone been to the Hobbs in Touchwood Solihull? I want to go in and get a few vest tops for my daughters shcool trip but if the SA are being snooty I would rather not bother!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • burnham1
    burnham1 Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2011 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Hi, can anyone who has a gift card let me know if it says that it can or cant be used in the consessions, all my local Hobbs are in other stores, ie House of Fraser or similar, thanks for your help,

sorry now found the answer....stand alone stores only...didnt check properly earlier.....!!!!
    ADOPT DONT SHOP......🐕🐕🐕🐕
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    murie wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Hobbs in Touchwood Solihull? I want to go in and get a few vest tops for my daughters shcool trip but if the SA are being snooty I would rather not bother!

Don't worry in the slightest about them being snooty,they are only shop assistants after all.
    Just hold your head up, smile and get what you are entitled to!
    travelover
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    I used my cards twice at bleuwater. Staff there delightful. they had t shirts there only £19 and the size do come up to xL. what a great treat

Were you able to buy something for 19 with the voucher? I realize you wouldn't get change back, but I thought you had to spend over 25?
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tara747 wrote: »
    Can't you go in and try them on? Sorry if this sounds obvious, just that I think it can only be used instore... so you would be able to try before buying to get the size right.

Sorry but if they are as snooty as suggested by some people, there is no way on earth that I will be trying on something in the store.
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • twinklyeys
    twinklyeys Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot believe that some people are having such bad experiences in Hobbs, after all, all business is good business regardless on the amount. The whole point of this is to raise their profile and therefor by the customer having a bad experience surely that is defeating the whole object. As another poster said, ignore those jumped up sales assistants, after all they are humans just like you and I and everybody deserves to be treated the same.
    On another note I would like to know what headoffice would have to say about your negative feedback.
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2011 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Used mine today with £6 left on a gift card from xmas so £4 to pay for a £35 t-shirt, no way I'd pay £35 for a t-shirt in real money. Staff followed me and dd round the store but I already knew what i wanted from the web site so declined their help. At the tills they doubted I could use the 2 cards together but were surprised when I could, I declined to go on their database and they had no change to give me so I had to stand at the tills while they served more worthy customers and someone went next door to get my £1. I like my top (the croft t long grey and purple stripe one) but never again. I have the option to shop in the hobbs concession in my local John Lewis which might be less hassle, but not with this gift card.
    http://www.hobbs.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1137

I'm a 12 -14 and the medium is ok, not loose but not uncomfortably tight.
  • gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tempted by this offer as quite like red to read.
    we have a hobbs store in city centre.
    looked online couldent see the tops people mentioning when went on website clicked on tops just lots of pricey shirts.

heaviliy pregnant right now so idea what size but thourght nice treat after baby.
    used to have hobbs jumper for work which I loved but had brought it from ebay.
    pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 February 2011 at 1:17AM
    Options
    anna_grant wrote: »
    Sorry but if they are as snooty as suggested by some people, there is no way on earth that I will be trying on something in the store.

Right then, well that's your choice but you will have to take your chances with the sizes!!! Plus possibly a wasted trip to exchange it if it doesn't fit. :)

Just do what I do with these types of SAs - smile sweetly, be polite and dignified and say 'thanks so much' on your way out. It shows class and good manners. Wear something nice and have makeup on or whatever gives you a bit of confidence. If they are REALLY rude, call head office and complain. As for being afraid to try stuff on because of them, you can do it, just go for it. :T

Come on ladies, never mind the snooty SAs, we are grown (and fabulous) women with free gift cards and we know how to use them! Yeah!!!!!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Dollypop_2
    Options
    I used the voucher in my local store yesterday without a problem. I didn't find the sales assistants snotty although they are more attentive than in a lot of high street stores, offering to take items to the changing room for me whilst I was browsing and that kind of thing!

On payment the assistant didn't know how to use the card although she knew what it was and her manager showed her how to put it through. The manager commented on what a good deal the voucher was and confirmed that I could return with another gift card if I wished!
    HTH :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport