£25 hobbs gift card with Red magazine

Options

Comments

• shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What are Hobbs t-shirt sizes like? Is a 14 like M and S 14 or like Top Shop 14?
    TIA
    I would be interested to know this too.
  • steveknott
    Options
    Got my missus a vest top in the Nottingham store. They were really funny about it, and started adding extra t and c to the card - must give details, one card per address, must spend over 25 quid.

Anyone else met this? I have another 3 cards to use...
  • jess1974
    jess1974 Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone tried the bury st edmunds store yet? thats the one nearest to me....
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    I'm curious about sizing too, do they run large or small?
  • whisper7832
    Options
    That's great! I gave my gift card away to my sister who was equally not fussed about it so gave it away again to another of our sisters. Never been into Hobbs and so thought it would be ridiculous prices for clothes and as you can't use it to buy accessories..... :( sob sob sob.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    skibster wrote: »
    I'm curious about sizing too, do they run large or small?
    I used my cards twice at bleuwater. Staff there delightful. they had t shirts there only £19 and the size do come up to xL. what a great treat
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 February 2011 at 5:01PM
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    I used my cards twice at bleuwater. Staff there delightful. they had t shirts there only £19 and the size do come up to xL. what a great treat

But, for instance, is a size 14 a large or small 14? I'm a size 20 (on my way down from a 24) - will the size 18 cami-top (for under sheer blouses) be okay for me? It's just that the t&cs state that you don't get the card back if you return an item!

Oh! I've just found out that there's a Hobbs in the new New Change shopping centre at St Paul's (5 mins walk from my office). I think I'm going to take a chance.
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • twinkle06_123
    Options
    anna_grant wrote: »
    But, for instance, is a size 14 a large or small 14? I'm a size 20 (on my way down from a 24) - will the size 18 cami-top (for under sheer blouses) be okay for me? It's just that the t&cs state that you don't get the card back if you return an item!

Oh! I've just found out that there's a Hobbs in the new New Change shopping centre at St Paul's (5 mins walk from my office). I think I'm going to take a chance.

I'm sure you'd be able to exchange it for something else. I think they just mean that they won't be giving you a giftcard or credit note so you can use it another time.
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    anna_grant wrote: »

Can't you go in and try them on? Sorry if this sounds obvious, just that I think it can only be used instore... so you would be able to try before buying to get the size right.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Faber_2
    Faber_2 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn't going to go for this offer but hubby picked me up a red this morn so went it at lunchtime to use it...

The lady in the store literally followed me around like I was a shoplifter or something! She simply wouldn't leave me on my own and was pointing out this & that. I noticed that she got talking to another member of staff so quickly snapped up a top but then she followed me to the tills! When I got the voucher out she remarked 'oh you've got one of those' in a mock jovial but also resentful tone. She said that I had to give my details if I was using the voucher then asked 'Miss or Mrs? Miss isn't it?' !!! She took my postcode & then made me confirm my address...I felt a bit quizzed.

Hubby likes my top (it was £29.00 which meant £4 with the voucher, they said they'd never sold a top so cheap before with false smiles) but I'm not sure it was worth the hassle. I would have liked to have found a top for £25 but after the hassle I just wanted to get out of the store!! None of it was spiteful but it all added up to me thinking it was quite a snooty store that I wasn't welcome in. Glad some of you ladies had a good experience though :) Thinking back I wish I'd gone for one of the stripey tops but never mind!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure