Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

February 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 42

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 January 2011 at 9:44PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.7K replies 186.9K views

Replies

• £162.13 spent out of febs budget so far ... oops!! Bringing my Annual total to £389.53 out of £3000 thus far, but i have done my big monthly shop so hopefully i won't need too much more this month, just perishables.
  • ChocClareChocClare Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Mothership wrote: »
    I knew someone on here would have a recipe LOL:D This is a beauty. The only ingredient I don't have enough of is dates. I think I got my last batch at Holland and Barrat if I remember correctly.
    Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! :j:j:j

Tesco's do chopped dates (then you don't need to mince them) which are sugary but work very well in this recipe. They're in the baking department.
  • tiptoestiptoes Forumite
    386 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi all I hope your having a better start to the months than myself OH went shopping today without a list as I'm not well. This was a big mistake as I'm sure he has spent about £50/60 :eek:and there is nothng to show for it other than cheap meatballs, fizzy pop and chocolate.:mad::mad::mad:.

I'll update my signature when I get the reciept off him.
    GC: £400/ £0
  • lolly101lolly101 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Hi Everyone,

Well I ended up in Tesco again today... I really must stop doing that! I only spent £20ish, but it was still £20 more than I needed to spend! I just bought a few bits that we 'could do with', I also got a few gift sets in the sale (which won't be included in my spends) as they have reduced them even more now. I also nipped into Boots earlier, and received a Graze box through the post, so have spent £23.43 in total.
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChocClare, your lush sounding no-cook Apple Chutney recipe is now in the index ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

• Almost a NSD yesterday but then remembered that I needed to get 2 bags of ultra clumping litter for the puddytats so a big spend of £8.19 at sainsbugs!:mad:

Have a g8t day everyone!:D
    Grocery Challange for DH, Me & 2 Fussy Cats (inc Grocerys, Cleaning Products & Cat Food)
    G/C -May £177.04/£235.00 Apr £237.79/£235.00 Mar £226.16 /£235.00
    G/C - Jan £248.52/£235.00 - Feb£214.72/£235.00
    NSD -May 3/31 Apr 10/30 Mar 3/31 Feb 6/28 NSD Jan 3/31
  • Hi guys.

I am totally impressed with myself this week...got coupons from Mr M's through the door, with money off various things. usually i dont bother with it cos they are too far away from me but this one I HAD to use,
    FREE FRUIT!!!
    A totally free, no min spend, bag of gala apples, conference pears and oranges as part of their 5 a day drive. went in, picked up £5 worth of fruit, handed over coupon, paid not a penny!!
    Sorted!!!

GOTL x
    Wedding, CC and Loan by May2012 Target - £35 a day
    Starting 21/01/11 Total so far added to savings - £2316.15 (£82 a day) :j
    #1280 sealed pot - £58.57 £11k in 2011 - £981.10/£11,000
  • cheerfulness4cheerfulness4 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow wish we could get coupons like that goingontoolong! Well done on that little lot of goodies.
  • Well done on using all those leftovers ChocClare!
    I used the carcass of my roast chicken to do a chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup. It was great according to my taste, but OH preffered the one from the take away because the pieces of chicken were much smaller and mine was not as thick (not as much flour or completely "dissolved" sweetcorn). Grrr. I thought the taste was far better and the fact that I could see the chicken and the sweetcorn was an extra point for me! This was like making burgers and being told that McDon's are smaller and thinner!! Lol Anyway, we had two bowls and I have another one for lunch today. I will put the recipe in a separate post.

On the [email protected] issue, delivery was arranged to be delivered yesterday at 6pm. At 8:20 pm mu OH called again because it had not arrived! Again, no call or anything!! I can't believe it!!! Customer services were not very helpful and all they could say is that they did not get much help from the deliveries department and it is difficult to know what they are doing or where they are. OH cancelled order and asked for a refund, so now I have back the money but I haven't got the toilet paper, crisps, rice, potatoes and chips I was looking forward to stock up! It was almost £20 less than anywhere else! OH suggested we could go at the weekend with the car but I am scared of going into a shop knowing I can carry back as much as I want (point 1) and with him, who is very MSE in general but is atracted by offers and nice packagings. In fact, I think I went to bed thinking about this as I dreamt my OH did an online shop of £1200 in cheese, hundreds of packs of beer and soft drinks, toilet paper and tins. LOL I woke up to be relieved!!! No idea why I dreamt about those items though, since we do not buy alcohol often or in bulk (I would say the average monthly is under half a bottle of wine, maybe one or two beers an a litre of soft drinks). So not only it was a lot of money but also in things we did not use! Lol I remember asking him in the dream "hth have you spent £500 in cheese!?" RFOL But I also remember dreaming about going to a magical elven world through a magical tree... so my dreams do not have much correlation with the reality, my OH is quite MSE in general lol
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!
  • So Mr T's last night (and took the kids :eek:) but came in at £47.60 planned on £50 so happy with that, spent 130 last week (I run from 25th - 25th)
    So far including last night have spent £178 :o but I have trawllws through my freezer and appear to have enough to feed us for a good gew weeks! just need to get veg and a joint for the weekend! finger crossed.
    £112121.02 10 Years and counting!
    Target in 2011 £22K /£10646.97 DFD Feb 2017
    42Lbs /23 Down 19 to go!:shocked:
    So now I just need to keep going!
    Nearly half way through the year and I'm still here :D