PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• prophecy_grrl
    Options
    My February GC aim is £171.63 - I've deducted January overspend of £28.37 from my £200 original goal!

Good luck all xxx
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    2nd NSD :j only 'cos ive been at work lol
    going to t3sco and sainsbugs tomorrow , i have checked everything on my [EMAIL="superm@rket"]superm@rket[/EMAIL] first to get the best deal

think i might make some twinks tomorrow , they might last for an hour or so :D
  • Jolaaled
    Jolaaled Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunnyday wrote: »
    This week i`ve baked some twinks and also the delicious marmalade cake that someone posted, i`m not 100% sure that i remember who it was but Jolaaled your name springs to mind so thanks very much for posting the recipe :A

Halfway through adding the ingredients i discovered that the jar of marmalade that i had was actually a jar of plum jam :D so i used that instead and it was lovely.

SD

I'm glad the cake turned out ok...wow..plum jam instead...sound really delish..must make a note to remind myself to try that in the summer when I make my jam! Did you still add spices too??
  • goodgirl80
    Options
    Helloooooo!
    First shop of the month.

20.51/100
    Thank you!
  • kitschy
    kitschy Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Wish me luck - just about to go to Mr A for the first (and biggest, apart from the Pets at Home trip), shop of the month. Apart from fizzy drinks (on offer at Mr S), milk, bread and fresh veg, this should be me for the month. Famous last words......:p
  • rachelww1
    rachelww1 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    Was meant to be cooking HM pizzas tonight, but didn't want everyone to catch the nasty stomch bug I had earlier in the week. So £4 spent in icel*nd on 2 pizzas and some chocolate bars for packed luches, and £10.57 in Mr T's on dishwasher tablets and other bits.

Also spent £16.50 on dentist appointment and been told that I need to go back for a couple of fillings and one of them might end up being a crown - in which case it will set me back £198 :eek:. Not GC, but the money's going to have to come from somewhere
    LBM Dec 10. Total unsecured debt £41176 :eek: Nov 12 Debt Free Thanks Mum x RIP x

2013 Savings £250
    2013 OP £3500
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2011 at 9:46PM
    Options
    My daughter was placing an order from T***o and let me add a few things.

GC Feb
    2 packs Asparagus £2
    2 kilos of Butternut Squash £2
    2 Packs of pudding rice £1.98 Total Spend £5.98

Thats me got enough fruit and veg for a week or more.

2nd Purse (also from T***o)
    6 Packs of Napolina Rigate Bronze Pasta B1G1F £6.27
    6 Robinsons Fruit Barley Tropical B1G1F £3.75 Total Spend £10.02

Also went to S********s, all their sale clothes are reduced to £1
    DD and I got £450 worth for £26 all great stuff. Got two pairs of suede moccasins for £1 each toastie toes :j

Thank you for all the inspiration , going to tackle my apple hoard tomorrow :T

OH wanted a bacon sandwich for dinner ???? so I didn't want to cook for myself just had cottage cheese, we will probably be starving come breakfast LOL.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • salski
    salski Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    Well been out tonight and got ALL my fruit and veg for the week, and hopefully it will last a bit loger than that too. £70 down out of £280 budget x
    Loan finished Sep 2010 - HSBC CC - WAS £750 now £0! Natwest CC - WAS £1600 now £100 - Overdraughts to be worked on! WILL be debt free by mid 2011!!!
    £2000 Saved so far for maternity leave - Our baby girl arrived valentines day! Elsie Ann - WELCOME :heart:
    Sealed pot challenge number 4 - number 1167 - Last day smoking: 8/1/2011
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spent €5.99 to-day on large chicken, which will be stretched till it breaks!

marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • fallen_angel09
    Options
    I have spent 65 out of the 120 oops!
    As many NSD in 2011 as possible, Get Grocery bill as low as possible and Save as much as possible
    :):j LETS DO THIS!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport