PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Just spent 72p on soy milk from tescos, i swear it was 63p just a few months ago :eek:
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    NSD for me today :j despite the DD's pestering for pizz@ huts 2 for 1 promotion - i have said no as although we usually have 1 takeaway a month , its DH's birthday at the end of the month and we may be going out for a meal so i need to keep the money for that

chicken salad and hm chips for tea , DD1 is making a bread and butter pud and a fruitcake at school today so thats pud and snacks sorted :)
  • Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome MERFE, somethingsgottogive, Winning Angel, triticale, & kittie2475 & anyone else I may have missed :hello:
    nessie216 wrote: »
    Question!
    I do my budget from 20th to 19th of each month - have been doing it since 20th Jan - but would it be best to say this is the Feb budget (as there are more feb days in it) or to say it is Jan budget? I don't want to be left behind! lol
    I'd count it as Feb, but it's really up to you hun.

Greent Nice to see you again :wave:

Nick - just noticed the amount you have left to pay on your Barclaycard :T - well done you!

Well - having spent the least last month on food than I have in over a year, I have spent rather a lot for the 1st day of the month...... £44.37 in fact :o But that does include £18 worth of meat, £6 on SS fav pizzas, and a couple of reduced Quiches. The rest is on nothing much at all. In fact I had to add it up 3 times because I couldn't believe that the remaining items I'd bought, came to another £18 :eek:

Most unlike me! I need to reign it in for the rest of the week, as, unless £idls have some steak on offer later in the week (which is a separate envelope of money) I've got about £6.50 to last me the rest of the week, and I will be needing to buy 2 loaves of bread, the obligatory milk, biscuits and tea bags with that...:doh:
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Well my shop arrived on time today at £55.39!
    Thanks for the tip Weezl I still havent got used to the idea that I can actually cook things like yorkshire puds in my shiny new oven whooohooo:D And the temp goes way higher than my old rusty one too (not that the thermostat worked in the end:eek:) so toad in the hole it is too...think thats a differant idea for every pack of sausage meat I have now:beer: Happy days;)
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • lolly101
    lolly101 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    nessie216 wrote: »
    Just been to Mr T and got the Spring Force Toilet Roll - 9 rolls for £2.15 - This is the cheapest i have found & it isn't like using newspaper!

I buy this one too. The toilet roll that Farmfoods sell is also quite good; it costs £2 (I think it's called 'Nicky') and is of the same quality as Springforce.
  • MummyEm
    MummyEm Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Right done an enoormous morning of shopping today. Been to Mr T and L**L. Spent £102.51 in T and £82.14 in L. Total this month £184.65 which leaves £65.35 :eek: This is doable though as only have about 5 meals unplanned for later in the month. Should be able to plan these from the freezer. Will need to buy fresh fruit and veg but only for 2 weeks as have this weeks now, and are away for a week. Have all milk in freezer and about 2 months worth of bread flour. Have lots of meat and also got loads of whoopsied fish in T. Just need to be very careful and not let hubbie buy anything!! HAd planned take out for next week but may revisit this as we normally spend about £12-£15.

My problem is that I can't help but stock up on things I know we will use. I hate shopping so I end up thinking well if I buy 4 pks of anti-bac cleaning wipes, that's one less thing I'll have to get for 6 months rather than just buying one!!
  • Winning_Angel
    Options
    Does anyone shop in waitrose? How does it compare with Sainsburys. I have a £15 off £75 voucher but it's not worth it if Waitrose is that much more expensive than Sainsburys.
  • Gorgeestwo
    Options
    NSD for me today, which is amazing :rotfl:not very good at doing those lol have got plenty in from last months mammoth shopping trips :( so shouldn't need to get much apart from milk and eggs for a bit :j
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hippeechiq wrote: »
    Nick - just noticed the amount you have left to pay on your Barclaycard :T - well done you!

Thanks Hippeechiq. :p

I very nearly paid off all of it, but had to pay off extra for my gas and electricity, renew my TV license, and order in another batch of contact lenses online this month. It all comes at once doesn't it! :mad:
    Oh well - looking on the positive side, it would never have happened if I hadn't have been doing this challenge, and at least it will be gone by next month! :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lolly101 wrote: »
    I buy this one too. The toilet roll that Farmfoods sell is also quite good; it costs £2 (I think it's called 'Nicky') and is of the same quality as Springforce.

I couldn't use that! :eek: 'Nicky' is my christened name, and I would be wiping my bum with myself! :rotfl:
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills