Walkers crisps ripoff

Options

Comments

• aurongrande_2
    Options
    Morrisons have a large bag of Mcoys (18), salt and vinegar, chess and onion and ready salted quite cheap around £2ish each bag is 32g unlike Walkers 25g

Our Tesco store tends to do offers on McCoy sacks, almost knocking off a full £1 per sack.
  • welshbookworm
    Options
    Tayto crisps are the best (when you can get them)
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • hurricanewyn
    Options
    I love Tayto and King too - whenever any of the family come over to stay they know there'll be trouble if there's no crisps for me!
    Sealed Pot Challenge - member 1109:j
  • horse76
    horse76 Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Home Bargains sometimes have Tayto crisps - single packets and multipack of 6. Quite cheap too!
    2017 - no clutter to be seen challenge: 72/2017
    Weight loss the old style way challenge - 7/14lbs :j
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    love Seabrooks probably is a northern thing, they used to do a lot more flavours tho and it was pretty easy to find a shop sellinng most of them, now it's mainly supermarkets selling the popular ones. walkers are fresh air really and 1 bag isn't enough.
  • freakybacon
    freakybacon Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Wheat crunchies- bacon flavour- used to be brilliant. The recipe has been changed now to make them less unhealthy- and this has impaired the flavour- still good tho. Scampi & lemon flavour Nik naks were/are pretty good too.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. "

George Orwell
  • silverjay
    Options
    Scampi & Lemon Nik-Naks have been replaced in the multi-pack with Pickled Onion flavour. I am heart-broken.
    Freebies Received: Supersavvyme bag, Olay moisturiser, Barbara Daly/Tesco Mascara, Seeds of Change Choccie, Yorkshire Tea Kenyan teabags, Tesco mobile sim cards x 2.

Won: Yorkshire Tea goodie box
  • sarahj1981
    Options
    Seabrooks are my fave but dont often see them in my supermarket tho
    Sarah's Saving Challange: Target/Actual
    Feb £100/£120 Mar £200/£210 Apr £200/

EBAY TOTALS
    Feb:£100 Mar:
  • MoaningMyrtle
    Options
    I frist discovered Seabrooks in a newsagents in Hawes, Wensleydale whilst on holiday about 15 years ago. Yearned for them for years, they have finally made their way down south. I bought some yesterday in Wilkinsons of all places, 50p for six bags.

Another fave is Red Sky, also the new Walkers extra crunchy. We try not to eat too many as they are all addictive. nom nom.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • BusyGirl
    BusyGirl Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Another vote here for Aldi's crisps! They come in a large red multibag, variety of flavours, 26 bags for £1.99, so less than 8p per bag and very tasty. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure