Walkers crisps ripoff

Options

Comments

• aurongrande_2
    Options
    marcowil wrote: »
    How is this a rip-off? If you dont like Walkers crisps dont buy them

I don't buy them. My parents tend to buy them, and whenever I'm round at their place and I feel peckish, I grab a single slice of bread and a bag of crisps. I tend to be able to fit 3 quarters of the bags quantity in the folded slice before risking the bread breaking apart.
  • roxycan
    roxycan Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I only eat Doritos mmmmmmmm!!
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    Never heard of Seabrook. McCoys too (tooth breakingly) crunchy, Kettle too expensive.

Walkers are fine for ready salted.

All so called flavours of any brand are unbelievably foul and synthetic - the more 'exotic' the worse so

I'd make my own crisps if I had the means.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    I love Seabrooks too but just look at the calorie/fat content! So I usually buy Aldi own reduced fat Cheese and Onion crisps and also their Cheese Curls, which I am slowly getting addicted to!

I'm addicted to those cheese crackers (can't remember their name. They come in small orange packets.) Oh, I'm also addicted to cream crackers and ginger biscuits.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    I completly agree here, Walkers basically have the monopoly yet their crisps are rather average. I was always a Golden Wonder man myself but you hardly ever see them. Other good crisps are McCoys, Seabrooks & Real crisps. :beer:

I still find the odd Golden Wonder sack now and then, but rarely. However, the last few packs I did have tasted like they were drowned in water.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    Middy wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Wasabi flavour Seabrooks? They are very very strong. Made my eyes water!

I've never heard of that flavour before. I've heard of Curry flavour though. Can't remember what brand though.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    Walker's use the wrong colours for Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion too (imo ;))

I do try to avoid Walker's, because I feel they have far too big market share.

At some point, those flavours were a different colour. Salt and Vinegar was blue, with Cheese and onion as green, but Walkers switched them round for some strange reason.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    GEEGEE8 wrote: »
    I'd never heard of Seabrook until I moved to Bradford about 8 yrs ago (thankfully not there now!), it's definately a Northern thing as my friends and family back in the Midlands probably have never heard of them either! :) they are nice though.

I love Transform-a-snacks - pretty cheap but soooo nice!

I don't buy Walkers, boring and you don't get many.

I live in the Midlands within the grounds of Nottinghamshire, but on the border with Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    shellsuit wrote: »
    Advertising and the fact they do just about every flavour you can think of.

I like Walkers crisps, but my favourite crisps have to be Wheat Crunchies, yum!

I've never heard of Wheat Crunchies.
  • aurongrande_2
    Options
    mum26 wrote: »
    Aldi own brand are very nice.

I've never tried Aldi brand before. Our Aldi is only a small store and the last time I went to that store was when I was a kid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure