HELP Have I been SCAMMED while trying for a Freebie???

Options

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    Options
    no idea to be honest unless unless a board guide / admin recognised the name. I'm guessing that nobody from the MSE team has stumbled across this thread to deal with it (if they haven't been banned already).
  • ellenrosie69
    Options
    :mad::(Help I also have been caught out with the clear smoke trial and am £60 pounds out of pocket!!.I would consider myself pretty switched on but applied for their £7.95 trail x twice-once for me and once for my auntie!
    First I knew that they take an additional £59.95 out for each order was when I got my visa bill.I contacted them and they refunded half the money but I am still £60.00 out of pocket.I feel the trial email did not clearly state that unless you return the pack within 15 days they will take more money.This info is in the terms and conditions link at the bottom of the page.HELP !Is there anything I can do to get my money back??How many more people have got caught out like me??
    Any suggestions???
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :mad::(Help I also have been caught out with the clear smoke trial and am £60 pounds out of pocket!!.I would consider myself pretty switched on but applied for their £7.95 trail x twice-once for me and once for my auntie!
    First I knew that they take an additional £59.95 out for each order was when I got my visa bill.I contacted them and they refunded half the money but I am still £60.00 out of pocket.I feel the trial email did not clearly state that unless you return the pack within 15 days they will take more money.This info is in the terms and conditions link at the bottom of the page.HELP !Is there anything I can do to get my money back??How many more people have got caught out like me??
    Any suggestions???

well on this page

http://www.clearsmoke.co.uk/trialkit.aspx

it says
    Sign up for our trial offer and you'll be sent a Premium Starter Kit for just the price of Postage & Packaging. We give you 15 days to evaluate the product. If you feel it's not for you, simply cancel your trial within the 15 days by calling our Customer Support Team and return the kit. A one-time Activation Fee applies to all orders. Read the full Terms & Conditions for more information.

YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE MATERIALS PRESENTED AT THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE PRODUCTS WHICH CONTAIN NICOTINE; AND THAT BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU ARE WARRANTING TO THE COMPANY THAT YOU ARE INTENTIONALLY AND KNOWINGLY SEEKING ACCESS TO PRODUCTS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE. BY CREATING A FREE ACCOUNT, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RECEIVE OFFERS VIA EMAIL. TO STAY ON OUR E-MAIL LIST, THERE IS NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE CONTACTED BY US VIA E-MAIL, PLEASE CLICK ON THE UNSUBSCRIBE LINK LOCATED IN THE FOOTER OF THE E-MAIL AND YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM OUR LIST. YOU HEREBY FURTHER AFFIRM AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS AND ARE CAPABLE OF LAWFULLY ENTERING INTO AND EXECUTING THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO TAKE A 15-DAY RISK-FREE TRIAL OF THE CLEARSMOKE STARTER KIT, YOU WILL BE BILLED THREE POUNDS AND NINETY-NINE PENCE (£3.99) FOR POSTAGE & PACKAGING AND THREE POUNDS AND NINETY-FIVE PENCE (£3.95) FOR THE ONE-TIME TRIAL ACTIVATION FEE. UPON EXPIRATION OF YOUR INITIAL 15 DAY TRIAL PERIOD, IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THE CLEARSMOKE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES PRODUCTS AND HAVE NOT CANCELLED YOUR TRIAL, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR ACTIVE CREDIT CARD WILL BE BILLED FIFTY-NINE UK POUNDS AND NINETY-FIVE PENCE (£59.95) ("TRIAL FEE") FOR YOUR INITIAL DELIVERY OF CLEARSMOKE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES PRODUCTS. THIS OFFER IS LIMITED TO ONE PER HOUSEHOLD.

IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THE CLEARSMOKE STARTER KIT YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR TRIAL AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM ON UK FREEPHONE 0800 335 7004 (7 DAYS A WEEK, 8AM-8PM). PLEASE HAVE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND OTHER REGISTRATION DATA TO HAND. THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY TO ANY CANCELLATION: (A) IF CANCELLATION OCCURS DURING THE TRIAL PERIOD, THE PRODUCT WILL NEED TO BE SENT BACK AT THE CUSTOMERS COST TO: CLEARSMOKE, PO BOX 1417, BEDFORD, MK41 5AL; (B) YOU SHALL NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND FOR THE POSTAGE & PACKING FEE. YOU REMAIN LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL UNPAID CHARGES BILLED BY CLEARSMOKE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CANCELLATION OF YOUR TRIAL IS YOUR SOLE RIGHT AND REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE WITH CLEARSMOKE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES.

IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO ENROL AS A MEMBER OF THE CLEARSMOKE LOUNGE PROGRAMME, YOU WILL BE SENT 30 CARTRIDGES EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM YOUR ORDER DATE FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR LOUNGE MEMBERSHIP WILL RUN UNTIL CANCELLATION AND THAT YOUR ACTIVE CREDIT CARD WILL BE BILLED A RECURRING FEE OF TWENTY-FOUR POUNDS AND NINETY-FIVE PENCE (£24.95) A MONTH ("MONTHLYFEE"). YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR LOUNGE MEMBERSHIP AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM ON UK FREEPHONE 0800 335 7004 (7 DAYS A WEEK, 8AM-8PM). PLEASE HAVE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND OTHER REGISTRATION DATA TO HAND. THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY TO ANY CANCELLATION: (A) YOU SHALL NOT RECEIVE ANY PRO-RATA REFUND OF YOUR MONTHLY FEES FOR PARTIAL MONTHS; (B) YOU SHALL NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND FOR THE POSTAGE & PACKING FEE AND (C) YOU SHALL NOT RECEIVE ANY REFUND FOR AMOUNTS PREVIOUSLY PAID UP TO THE DATE OF CANCELLATION AND YOU REMAIN LIABLE FOR ANY AND ALL UNPAID CHARGES BILLED BY CLEARSMOKE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES.
  • ellenrosie69
    Options
    that was not the site i used.it was an email offering a trial
  • custardy
    Options
    that was not the site i used.it was an email offering a trial

so you trust something sent to you in an email.........
  • ellenrosie69
    Options
    it was from clearsmoke but not the detailed site that you referred to.
  • custardy
    Options
    it was from clearsmoke but not the detailed site that you referred to.

you mean the email said it was from clearsmoke
    thats the clearsmoke site with free trial
  • kelvin1950
    Options
    Any suggestions???

If it helps, I've just realised that I too have been caught in the same way. Like you, I didn't see or click on a link leading to the T&Cs.

I fear that all we can do is to swallow the hit on our bank accounts and put it down to experience, I've paid more for training than that.

I will be asking trading standards to look at it though, legal it may be, moral it surely isn't and maybe it's time this sort of thing was stopped.
  • custardy
    Options
    kelvin1950 wrote: »
    If it helps, I've just realised that I too have been caught in the same way. Like you, I didn't see or click on a link leading to the T&Cs.

I fear that all we can do is to swallow the hit on our bank accounts and put it down to experience, I've paid more for training than that.

I will be asking trading standards to look at it though, legal it may be, moral it surely isn't and maybe it's time this sort of thing was stopped.

offering free trials?
  • kelvin1950
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    offering free trials?

Clearly so, or so I thought. Is your sole job here to play devil's advocate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure