HELP Have I been SCAMMED while trying for a Freebie???

Options

Comments

• animalambulanceman
    Options
    Hi all,

I've given up on waiting for my kit to arrive and just sent the following email off to ClearSmoke hoping to end the matter here and now.I am writing off the £4.95 postage charge and putting it down to experience while considering myself lucky to have escaped only losing this small amount-it could have been much worse!!:huh:

Hello again,

following receipt of your latest email-the 4th in the last few days-I want you to cancel my "membership" and you to remove my email address from your records and not write to me again.

From your email messages which go from one direction to the complete opposite and back again all within a very short space of time I feel that I can't ever deal with your company in a mutually satisfactory manner.

Since the 18th January when I initially raised what I felt was a valid point with your customer service team by email about why my kit had not reached me some 12 days after it was requested ,which was resovled in a reasonable and acceptable way the following day and we could proceed things have since become unacceptable to me.

Very late on the 19th January you wrote to me again (within 24 hours) to say that my account/membership was cancelled and asking that I return the kit to you.

Then on the 20th January I was informed by email that this email was sent in error by a glitch in your system and should not have been sent at all.

Later on the same day,in the evening,I recieved yet another email -Number 4-saying that my account had been re-activated and I could save myself 20% off any future purchases in your Ecommerce store.

I have waited for some hours until now to write this email to you (I've actually stayed in my home so that if the postman had tried to deliver the kit I would be here and could refuse to accept it) to be certain that it was not delivered to me by the "end of the week" as promised by your customer service team and would be able to tell you honestly that nothing had arrived.I did have a parcel delivered from somewhere else so I do know that all deliveries to my address by Royal Mail for today have been done.

As it is now 15 days from the date I initially requested a kit (and you took the £4.95 postage cost from my card ) it still has not reached me I no longer want it as I'm not willing to wait any longer.

Please don't send me a kit out as I'm going to go and buy a similar kit "over the counter" from my local pharmacy for cash this afternoon and will have spent the money allocated to pay for yours.

If your kit does arrive sometime in the future I will refuse the delivery and ask the postman to return it straight to you.

As I expect that any returns were to be made at my expense you can keep the money that you've already had to cover the return postage costs and if you haven't already dispatched it,so there was no cost involved,perhaps you would be good enough to donate it to a charlty of your choice? A cancer charity would seem appropriate under the circumstances.

Trusting that you will be able to accept my membership cancelation and that I won't be bothered by you again.

Michael XXXtX
  • animalambulanceman
    Options
    It has now been a whole week since I wrote and canceled my membership with ClearSmoke and my kit hasn't been delivered in the mean-time.The kit I applied for last week from the NHS came on Tuesday-lots of printed matter,a necklace style thing to occupy my hands like a set of "worry beads" and a voucher to send off for a free 7 day supply of patches.No emails from ClearSmoke at all so I think that I'm off the hook with them.I did buy myself an electric cigarette/puffer and am puffing it as I write this note-it's not quite the same as having a real smoke but does satisfy my craving to a certain extent.I'm now smoking half the amount of ciggs that I used to smoke because I alternate between a real one and a go on the electric cigg.If I could find some nicotine cartridges that tasted more like a real cigarette I would cut down even more and I am now trying to locate a source of them-been told that you can get cartridges that taste the same as Marlboro Red in the USA and want to find them here in the UK.:D
  • sm4rtgirl
    Options
    my husband ordered a kit for me it came within a week and he paid just the promo price. I was expecting some rubbish kit and it turns out to be brilliant, it really works. I am finishing my last real packet of cigs then using the kit. Brilliant!!!
  • animalambulanceman
    Options
    Good for you!! At least one of us has beaten the need for the dreaded nicotine-I'm still on a packet of 20 every other day and puffing away on an intelicig the other times i crave a smoke which while not perfect is much better than smoking 30/40 real ciggs a day.
  • malkyh
    malkyh Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Options
    That's taken a while to defend yourselves. 8 months since the last post?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    How long before their post gets whisked away and the login banned? (They're posting as a company without MSE permission).
  • Trapper
    Options
    I called their customer care centre who couldn't have been more helpful.

Promised to cancel order immediately and despite all the earlier moans they do set out the charges quite clearly before taking any money.
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    How long before their post gets whisked away and the login banned? (They're posting as a company without MSE permission).

I've been a member for 8 years now and only spotted the link to the rules a few weeks ago. Even when I say them I didn't bother spending 6 weeks reading them all.... So it's no wonder company reps don't get permission first; unless they've added the rule in when you sign up, they probably don't know they need permission.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Regardless of that, they have setup an account explicitly as their business name, so if they haven't already been banned then MSE will not be applying their rules fairly.

I (inadvertently) did that when I joined MSE this year (I had been using this other username for many many years, long before I even started my web design business, so didn't even think about it) and was banned within 24 hours of joining. Hence why I have my current username (I emailed MSE and asked them to change it to this one).

So my previous post had a two-pronged argument. ;)
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Regardless of that, they have setup an account explicitly as their business name, so if they haven't already been banned then MSE will not be applying their rules fairly.

they'll probably need to be reported first though. 'CloudSmoke' wouldn't ring any alarm bells as a company name so it's unlikely MSE will know they're posting as a company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure