LED light bulbs

Options

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RobGuggle wrote: »
    This is an interesting read on the lifespan of LED's. It seems to counter what most companies are claiming.

http://www.energysavingled.com/led-lifespan-and-the-advertising-standards-agency/
    Well, no, all it's saying is that, if an LED failed to last, for example, 25 years, it would be difficult to make your claim to the ASA within six years of having purchased it. Which seems rather likely.
  • Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I realize that you cannot convert watts to lumens, but as many of you appear very knowledgeable about LED bulbs maybe you can help please....

I want a couple of bulbs that give of approx the same brightness of a 15-20 watt standard bulb (if there is such a thing!)
    The bulbs are purely for bedside reading lamps,and that's it :)

How many lumens would be suitable please?

Thank you
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • RobGuggle
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    Well, no, all it's saying is that, if an LED failed to last, for example, 25 years, it would be difficult to make your claim to the ASA within six years of having purchased it. Which seems rather likely.

Well, no, it's also saying:

manufacturer claims of 50,000 hour lifespans for LED Spotlights and LED Bulbs wasn’t really credible and there was no real technical research that could back these claims up.

Which is the first time i've ever seen anyone challenge these huge quoted lifespan figures for LED.
  • RobGuggle
    Options
    Tara100 wrote: »
    I realize that you cannot convert watts to lumens, but as many of you appear very knowledgeable about LED bulbs maybe you can help please....

I want a couple of bulbs that give of approx the same brightness of a 15-20 watt standard bulb (if there is such a thing!)
    The bulbs are purely for bedside reading lamps,and that's it :)

How many lumens would be suitable please?

Thank you

Around the 250 mark i would say.
  • Tara100
    Options
    Thanks Rob :-)
  • Tara100
    Options
    Hmmm, I can't find any B22 bulbs that are 200-250 max lumens (approx 15-20 watts equivalent)

Surely there are low brightness options out there? :-(
  • zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm, I can't find any B22 bulbs that are 200-250 max lumens (approx 15-20 watts equivalent)

Here you go; cool white-250lm, warm white 220lm

http://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-bulbs/b22-led-bulbs/4-watt-b22-led-golf-ball-shape-bulb.html
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you put B22 3w LED or B22 4w LED into Google, you come up with a wide range. They tend to be candle or golfball shape. You would probably want warm white for bedside reading.
  • RobGuggle
    Options

Sorry, no idea.
  • RobGuggle
    Options
    zax47 wrote: »

I liked the reviewer who gave that bulb 3 stars out of 5 accompanied by the comment - "Still waiting for order to be filled and delivered"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport