Anyone else taking Lionbridge Exam next week?

Options

Comments

• chaotic_j
    Options
    Zebra wrote: »
    Congrats to all those that have recently passed.

As a reminder or for those who haven't read through the whole thread, there's a task control program which makes time recording a little easier.

http://www.lbtaskcontrol.com/

I have this, however every time I run I get an error message;

'LB Task Control

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.'

Other than this, seems to work reasonably well after I click continue, do you know if this error message is something to do with the program expecting a US-style date on my computers clock?

Is it worth donating to get the latest version of the program? I did find it useful, if a little buggy. Still have to remember to click/use the shortcut to '+1' task though!

On the note of bank accounts and receiving payments from Lionbridge, I used to have a NatWest current account specifically for receiving IBAN/BIC Swift payments from Europe since they had no charges. When I found that my main current account with the Halifax didn't charge, I closed the NatWest account.

It seems sometime in the not too distant past, Halifax now charge £1 for receiving international transfers under £100 and a whopping £7 for receiving international transfers above £100.

I can 'transfer' my Halifax current account to a Santander preferred current account, £46.35 cashback from TopCashBack and £100 cashback from Santander provided I meet the conditions.

They have no fees for receiving international transfers from Europe in IBAN/BIC Swift. I confirmed in my local branch yesterday, also I checked the exchange rate with them and as of yesterday 05/12/11 it was 1.16 EURO to 1 GBP, which is very respectable.

Seems a no-brainer? Hope this is of use to others.

Note: you have to 'pay-in' £1000 a month to the Santander preferred current account otherwise will be stung with a charge of £2 for each month you do not meet the funding requirement. So you potentially have to factor in having this much available to shunt around.
  • wendywhite
    Options
    Started doing a few yesterday, trying to do 2 hours today, but keep having to refer back, and do some education also, tell me it gets easier???? Feel like a real thicko!!
  • Cassiopeia01
    Options
    wendywhite wrote: »
    Started doing a few yesterday, trying to do 2 hours today, but keep having to refer back, and do some education also, tell me it gets easier???? Feel like a real thicko!!

Don't worry, it does get easier although it's all a bit overwhelming at first! I didn't think I'd ever get the hang of it at first, but it all falls into place. Read as much as you can and you'll soon find yourself getting a bit faster :)
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did 3 hours today. I am getting a bit quicker. I hope it's all alright!
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • wendywhite
    Options
    I did 2.5 hrs today and about 2 extra just learning!!!Just wish I knew how I was doin, keep thinking I will get an email telling me thanks but no thanks!!
  • chaotic_j
    chaotic_j Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wendywhite wrote: »
    I did 2.5 hrs today and about 2 extra just learning!!!Just wish I knew how I was doin, keep thinking I will get an email telling me thanks but no thanks!!

Hi wendywhite,

Did you have many tasks appear as 'unresolved' yet?

I *think* that could be an indicator of how you're doing possibly? I only had 2-3 of them so far.

They seem to appear when someone has a very different rating to the other raters. Where there is basically a wide gap between the rating given.

I think every time I rated just fine though! It isn't always bad, might be as simple as when one rater looked at the page it had relevant material to the query, and then when the others came to rate it, the material was gone!

(Due to the ever changing nature of the web and some websites in general)!

Keep smiling :D
  • wendywhite
    Options
    Hi where would these tasks appear? I havent had any yet that I have found...thanks for the info!
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't had any yet either but I've only just started so I expect they'll come.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • PurplePow
    PurplePow Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't want to break NDA... so basically you will notice them when they appear - they aren't easy to miss ;)

I also highly recommend using the LB Task Control software - makes things so much easier!

It is hard when you first start out - lots of time spent reading all the new tasks - but once you know them all it's very easy to get into the swing of things.
  • wendywhite
    Options
    That software wont load for me, tried twice!! Thanks for everything else ;)))))
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback