Grab a FREE MoneySavingExpert.com Sticker

Options

Comments

• feedering
    feedering Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Ok I have to ask how do you legally rob a bank???

Arent you just taking back what is yours already??

Definition of robbery.

Robbery is the crime of seizing property through violence or intimidation. A perpetrator of a robbery is a robber. Because violence is an ingredient of most robberies, they sometimes result in the harm or murder of their victims. Robbery is generally an urban crime.

The taking of money, etc. unlawfully by force (my favourite)

unlawful taking the property of another by the use of violence or initmidation.

Felonious taking of another's property, from his or her person or immediate presence and against his or her will, by means of force or fear.

(Vol avec violence) The taking of property of another during which the person being robbed is put in fear of personal violence.

Whilst I agree with the principle idea of a car sticker, the wording could have been better chosen.

JMHO
    the way forward is the consumer action group .co.uk
  • catz747
    catz747 Posts: 20,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello :wave:

The thought of robbing a bank whether legally or not sticks in my mind, that if I have one of these stickers, it will suggest that I am some sort of fraudster or scammer who is doing something wrong but thinks I'm not. So I don't like it.

I'd really like a sticker for my door to all the door to door salespeople (will have to get a seperate one for religious people - especially those that bring children ... I digress) that says something to the effect of don't bother ...

"If I want it I'll go to MSE first" :D
  • oscarhugo
    oscarhugo Posts: 492 Forumite
    Options
    I now have both the new & the old stickers on my car [I have to say that I, too, prefer the old design] and in all the time since I originally affixed the old one - how long is that? 18 months? 2 years? - I have still never, ever, ever, [now, where have I heard that before...?] seen another sticker, old or new, anywhere! No MSEers in Herts, Beds or Suffolk apparently, or they're all shrinking violets.
    Expect the worst & hope for the best...
  • Bendybops19
    Bendybops19 Posts: 11,212 Forumite
    Options
    puddings wrote: »
    I know that the design was voted for by members but i just don't like it!
    quote]

I dont like it either :o

But if it gets the site noticed...then it has done its job agreement0.gif
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
    I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *cough* Martin, 1st class stamp is 48p and 2nd class is 40p, they've gone up, you told us about it in tips March 28th, remember *cough* *beam*

Anyway, I am a rare breed, I like the new one more than the old one so I'm happy. Envelopes will be sent off as soon as I purchase some large letter stamps (I'm not a bad MSEr I just hardly ever use large letter stamps so I didn't buy any before the price change, I didn't think I'd need them ok!)
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to admit...I'm not a big fan of the wording :o (having clicked on the link, I actually like practically all of the alternatives better than this one...! :rolleyes:), but...its the sentiment that counts and if one person reading it on the back of my car decides to look at the website and finds something useful as a result, then its worth it. :p

I'll be sending off for my car sticker asap! :D (Well, as soon as I can get to the P.O. for the appropriate stamp - thanks, Fritha, for clearing up the price issue! ;)).

Piglet
  • mr.ernest
    Options
    Since I am dutch, living in holland, can I put a dutch stamp on it, or how do i do it?
  • Mizz_Pink
    Mizz_Pink Posts: 756 Forumite
    Options
    Can I pay you in kind ?

:iloveyou: :smileyhea
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car
    :A

Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009. :T
  • acc2007
    acc2007 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Martin, was just wondering if there was a backlog of people wanting the stickers,as i sent my envelope with the big envelope folded inside with the large letter stamp on over 2 weeks ago now and have not received the sticker yet. If there are no problems then i will resend an envelope again.

Keep up the good work

Aaron
  • Warriorsith
    Warriorsith Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    I just wanna know who got Martin's personal note?
    "I AM THE GATEKEEPER OF MY OWN DESTINY" Nacho Libre

'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :DDFW Member No.495
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family