We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Grab a FREE MoneySavingExpert.com Sticker

Options

Comments

• tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hmm-hmm..... silly question...

where do you stick them on your car? back window?

it's just that I am a really bad driver...
  • carolinosourus
    Options
    MarcMarc wrote: »
    Martin, why don't you just make a self-printable car sticker which we can print out, laminate, then stick in our rear window with blue-tack or sellotape. Now that's what I really call money-saving.. ..to the value of the SAE stamps, in fact!

Well most people (yes I know that some people have some or all of these things...) would have to buy the laminater and the pouches and the coloured ink for the printer and the paper and the sellotape or bluetack! Plus electricity costs to run said printer and laminater... Much cheaper for the 44p stamp! And you get a little fresh air and excercise going to the postbox/post office! LOL ;)
    :D**Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and advice!**:D
    MSEers are often quicker than google

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - G. Orwell
  • mcdonag
    mcdonag Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    I buy all my postage stamps from auctions as I find it cheaper. Did you know that you can legally use any unused GB decimal stamp issued since 1971!!

I find the large coloured stamps look nicer than the standard 1st & 2nd class ones anyway.

I have saved thousands of pounds over the years using this method.

Post of the month?

(Every Little Hurts!)
  • simontay1984
    Options
    Martin, Could you make available a downloadable PDF version of the sticker to print out??
    That way *would* be completely free for moneysavers and it'll save you time posting it out to everyone!
    As for sticking it on, it could be just stuck on with selotape/sticky-back-plastic

:T
  • MONEYMAKINGMUM
    Options
    Love the site, hate the sticker. When you run out can we have a new slogan please?
    (also yellow a bit yeuk)
    Just noticed this thread has had 200,000 odd viewings & you still have loads left...
    enough said :)

:)
  • jon-willy
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    I find this highly disingenious. This isn't a 'pay me £4 for package and posting' I'm asking you to provide the stamp to get it to you. You do not pay me a penny for this. How do you expect me to get it to you otherwise?
    Well said Martin and credit to you for a great helpful site .........
    Do you do a deal for a car to stick it in per return post.. :rotfl:
    I.ll recommend you for an OBE....
    JW.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • nostromo_2
    Options
    MarcMarc wrote: »
    Martin, why don't you just make a self-printable car sticker which we can print out, laminate, then stick in our rear window with blue-tack or sellotape. Now that's what I really call money-saving.. ..to the value of the SAE stamps, in fact! On a general point, it's uncanny how for the web home page header you adopt exactly the same pose with the same shirt and photograph yourself with the appropriate 'prop' of the day (ie: santa's hat for Christmas, etc etc). You should give Photoshop a try, rather than bother with repeated photographs (ha-ha!).

Speaking of (ab)using the technology some of us could, I suppose, download and resize the sticker and then set it as email signature. (And, of course, resize it using a free tool such as The Gimp or Irfanview, not Photoshop ;) )
    A good way to bore your friends...
  • MAGICIAN
    MAGICIAN Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Vistaprint.com are doing large FREE magentic panels for car doors, you simply upload your design onto the website.......

....and a free t-shirt printed with your picture or design....
    Taking on NATIONWIDE RESULT NATIONWIDE MADE A further PAYMENT INTO COURT TOTAL AMOUNT OVER FOUR THOUSAND. debit balances on both accounts fully cleared. We now have a Magimix known as the Nationwide Magimix, silly but useful.... Thanks Martin... :money:
  • Ian_Slater
    Ian_Slater Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    I wish you sold reusable shopping bags with this sort of message on them it would be green and get the message out about the site.

PMSL Just think if Roy Cropper had one in Coronation Street.
    Martin Lewis should be knighted:money:
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family