Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    I've been watching re-runs of Kim & Aggie & they used mayo to lift stickers from shelves, laminated floors etc so might work on price labels too:confused:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't call them tool boxes as such as they wouldn't fit tools - probably just ask if they have small boxes with compartments for nails etc, or they're often sold in craft shops for sewing items / beads / etc.

Cellophane - my local florists all charge £1 a meter O_o MUCH cheaper from ebay. I've also seen it sold in good art and craft shops.

I just bought 100 metres of cellophane roll from ebay seller for 19.99 that is including postage! it works out at 20p per metre as I am going to be making hampers for xmas presents.
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They were from poundland I believe! although I never saw them in any of my local ones.

For those with problems with sticky stuff .... try lighter fluid, or even WD40 :)

Bought some today ,they are ideal for girls sweetie boxes :)

x
  • bluenose1
    bluenose1 Posts: 2,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My advise in making these is not too put the sweets in too early as they don't taste as nice. I don't put the sweets in untill a day or two before.
    I just have everything ready and they take no more than a minute or two to make.
    My 3 boys age 16,13 and 6 all still really appreciate them, they get the same re-used box for birthdays and Christmas.
    Money SPENDING Expert

• Claire_Bear
    Claire_Bear Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to do the same, I've got my OH a cookie jar which I'm going to fill with sweets for Christmas, but then I'm going to refill it with heart shaped candy for Valentine's day, and then probably refill it for his birthday too :)
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • lauhen
    lauhen Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on a diet, I think all this talk of sweets is just mean....I've got my coat and I'm off.............................................. Oh I can't leave I want to make these, but I know that I will eat the sweets, one for the jar, a handful for me, some lovely strawberry bottles, strawberry hearts, chewing nuts, shrimps........ That's it I have to leave, off I go back to the Christmas and debt busting threads. Bye
  • thevicster
    thevicster Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    Options
    Bumped for the person looking for sweet boquets on the finished baskets thread
    I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul, I want you to notice when I'm not around[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thevicster wrote: »
    Bumped for the person looking for sweet boquets on the finished baskets thread

Thankyou the vicster, this is the thread that I was looking for, and found the bouquet on here that I wanted to look at as well.
  • harib0uk
    harib0uk Posts: 283 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2009 at 11:11AM
    Options
    I love this thread and have been on the look out for the boxes for ages but not spotted any anywhere yet.

Has anyone seen them on their travels, will be doing the rounds of 99p store, Pound land and my local cheap shop tomorrow so I will report back my findings. If I get time I might head to the range and there is a pound stretcher further a field but not cycling distance!

Edit: back to report nothing in the 99p store, nothing in pound stretcher... local cheap shop had 19.5x10x3cm ones for £1 but they were really rather small.. Ideal for a stocking filler though
    Trying to make a better life.... If you need me you'll find me at the allotment.
  • harib0uk
    harib0uk Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    For anyone else looking.. I have just placed an order for 5 boxes and 50 gusseted bags from here: http://www.shcweb.co.uk/ for £20.65 delivered... I think that's a good deal.

These are the boxes I got : http://www.shcweb.co.uk/eshop/product.php?xProd=133&xSec=5
    and these are the bags: http://www.shcweb.co.uk/eshop/product.php?xProd=27&xSec=16
    Trying to make a better life.... If you need me you'll find me at the allotment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure