We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jordanShannon - you might be a novice but that sweetie jar is fab!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    Jordanshannon, that sweetie jar looks fab! Well done :) What kind of jar have you used??
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DSC00433.jpg
    DSC00432.jpg
    I think I am copying soblivion here - but I have recycled a large ferrero rocher box and decorated around the gold edges with green and red christmas trees and angels and used snowman stickers to cover up the logo in the middle.

I then put in chocolate coins approx 50p, 4 quality street from tin, Strawberry toffee bonbons 69p per 100g from Humbugs (59p wilkos found out later), White toffee bonbons as above, Fizzies whizzies (from the 70s/80s)from Humbugs 69p per 100g, jazzies/spangles 29p poss Wilkos or similar, werthers original left over from pots of gold. Total cost £2-3. I think it looks amazing so thanks everyone for the inspiration!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 235 payments to go - now £182,428 Equity 27.02%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £13.45K
    3) CC £7.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.1K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
    6) SIPP £4.1K
  • x-Princess-Vikki-x
    Options
    For my 4 yr old neice :)

Photo-00092.jpg

Photo-00082.jpg
    ♥ Blogger at Victoria's Vintage Blog ♥
  • JordanShannon
    Options
    Thank you bunbun and rusty, its a thin spahetti jar i got for £2!:DIt holds a lot mor than it looks :D
    ..xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you :A
  • s_michaels
    Options
    Don't know if people are still interested in making these, i know I am trying to do one for my dad's birthday. He's moving to a foreign country at the end of next month and can't take his stuff with him. So what do you get a man that is selling all his stuff!!!

I bought my compartment box from B&M yesterday (Lincoln store) for £1.99. It is black with a semi-clear lid and a yellow handle. It's in the tool section by the massive range of paint.

Do give it a check through before you buy as when I got mine home the lid was slightly broken.
    *~* My life is a little mystery that I am still trying to solve*~*
  • riggerz
    riggerz Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    I have made an attempt at a bouquet today....please give me your honest opinion:o :o:o
    The picture is taken from above as you are not really able to get a good picture from any other angle due to the cello and spider wrap!!
    totallygifted141.jpg
    :dance: Thanks to everybody in the crafting threads who inspired me to start my own business!!
  • TillyTrippit
    Options
    :T WOW that is fantastic - well done you. Wish I was half as talented:rolleyes:
    Thanks to this fantastic site and it's amazing people, we have paid over £63, 000 off - just over half way!!!
    :T THANK YOU:T
  • sunrise27_2
    Options
    riggerz wrote: »
    I have made an attempt at a bouquet today....please give me your honest opinion:o :o:o
    The picture is taken from above as you are not really able to get a good picture from any other angle due to the cello and spider wrap!!
    totallygifted141.jpg

that is gorgeous !!! was it easy to make ??
  • strawbsuk76
    Options
    wow that is fab .....excellent work xx
    Pain is temporary!! quitting is permanent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business