How much can you save?

Options

Comments

• Saving_NOW
    Options
    Oh dear my font seems to be huge will have to tone that down not quite got the hang of posting replys yet, :think: can any one advise me how I get a signature I would like to be able to update my totals at the end of the month.
    Regular saver £200 Saving for emergency fund (£2000)
    ISA £30 Saving for new clothes/ new laptop (£1000)

• kansaskitty
    Options
    Saving_NOW wrote: »
    Oh dear my font seems to be huge will have to tone that down not quite got the hang of posting replys yet, :think: can any one advise me how I get a signature I would like to be able to update my totals at the end of the month.

Hi Saving Now, your huge font-ed reply made me laugh!

If you look along the sort of top green bar where it says

'Main Site Forum User CP Community' etc etc go along to Quick Links and click that, then 'Edit Signature' that should do it.

:j
    :heartsmil Stay-at-home-mummy of two, pinching the pennies but loving it! :heartsmil
    :grin:Spreadsheeter, piggybanker, envelope-system user!:grin:
    :exclamati Debt £1400/£6500 21.5% :exclamati
    :question: Emergency Fund £0/£500 0% :question:
  • Saving_NOW
    Options
    How much can i save? Well iv just set a target of £9,000...by the end of April!!

Hello YoungBusinessman that's a hefty target!! are you saving for anything in particular? or like me not sure what your saving for?

Good Luck with your target
    :T

• Saving_NOW
    Options
    Just seeing if my signature has worked, took me ages :rotfl:

Its not even that impressive lol

• guitarman001
    Options
    Saved £43, 256 this month.
  • lewiskelly_2
    Options
    IT depends on person to person that how much he/she can save.See Suppose if i earns $5000 / month then $2000 i can save.
  • fiesta04
    fiesta04 Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    Saved £43, 256 this month.

That's impressive as on 2/12/2012 you only had £30k :D

F4
  • guitarman001
    guitarman001 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    Busted. It was a bare-faced lie, just tired of it all. People bragging about mega savings (directly or indirectly). Losing a lot of my own. Seeing housing as being forever out of reach. Got a big pay-rise recently but anything half-decent costs £240k+. Sooo tired. Can't stay at home much longer. Turned down a job abroad but sort of regret it - did you see the article stating how UK taxes are the highest in the developed world - effective 75% tax or so? Feels like it!
  • Saving_NOW
    Options
    Busted. It was a bare-faced lie, just tired of it all. People bragging about mega savings (directly or indirectly). Losing a lot of my own. Seeing housing as being forever out of reach. Got a big pay-rise recently but anything half-decent costs £240k+. Sooo tired. Can't stay at home much longer. Turned down a job abroad but sort of regret it - did you see the article stating how UK taxes are the highest in the developed world - effective 75% tax or so? Feels like it!

So Sorry to hear that you lost alot of savings can't even start to imagine to understand how that must have felt seeing as though I have never had savings but I can guess it's devastating. I don't think people on this thread are bragging though as the thread was started to give a place for savers to motivate one another and help see what best to do with their hard earnt money. I think in this day and age it is to be commended when people have saved and aren't living off borrowed money/credit.
    Didn't see the article you mentioned can you let me know where it is as I would like to read that and yeah it definitely feels like it!!

now to savings have managed to do the weeks shopping for 3 of us for £32 just seeing if I can really do it, this would effectivly be a saving of £50 a week for me. *kicks herself realising the money she has wasted in the past on NOTHING!!*

• guitarman001
    guitarman001 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241851/British-Tax-Families-bread-winner-pay-highest-amount.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4676943/British-families-pay-top-tax-in-the-world.html

It was my own fault - I gambled £20k and lost (stock market). Reason? Don't want to face a life of indebtedness mainly due to ridiculous housing costs. It's the reason I'm also never having kids. Maybe I should move abroad - choices here don't seem so great! On the up-side, 45% pay-rise means will save £1500 a month if staying at home for a bit longer.. and less when I move in with my girlfriend. Transport costs are such a con (bus and train) and I don't look forward to council tax when I get my own place. Taxed to death!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback