How much can you save?

Options

Comments

• YoungBusinessman
    Options
    How much can i save? Well iv just set a target of £9,000...by the end of April!!
    :eek:Living frugally at 24 :beer:
    Increase net worth £30k in 2016 : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69797771#post69797771
  • phil09
    phil09 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi supo99, I live at home so just pay about £300 per month. Also, I save a bit more than I need to because I think my job might be a bit unstable next year so I'm making sure to be prepared for losing it and having to find a new one.
  • Saving_NOW
    Options
    Yay pay day today !!! :j

Plus an extra bonus of £230 unexpected so that's going in to the savings pot
    !!!
    Any body else this excited about their savings or is it just sad old me lol :p

Regular saver £200 Saving for emergency fund (£2000)
    ISA £30 Saving for new clothes/ new laptop (£1000)

• Pocketsaver
    Options
    Last update was end of September for me at £5,800. As of today, I have saved £7,683.
    This is all in my Lloyds Vantage and so I am now passed their limit. Need to find a new account now to move my money into and get more interest!
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Last update was end of September for me at £5,800. As of today, I have saved £7,683.
    This is all in my Lloyds Vantage and so I am now passed their limit. Need to find a new account now to move my money into and get more interest!

You are aware you can have 3 Lloyds Vantage accounts?
  • juniorthrifty
    Options
    Hi I have been reading this thread on and off for months now and have finally decided to contribute. I am a university student and I work part-time night shifts.

I save a minimum of £470 at the beginning of the month which goes into my ISA. Then if I can stick to my weekly budgets I save another £50-£130 into an easy access account at the end of the month. My aim is to have enough money for a house. :D
  • DB_XIII
    DB_XIII Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys.

Been a lurker for a while but looking for some advice.

Currently saving for a mortgage with my girlfriend and have £5.5k in a Santander savings account but they have sent me a letter informing me the interest rate is to drop significantly.

Although I don't have masses of cash in there I want it to work hard and I save about £300-£400 pcm, so I am looking for advice on where to move my money?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you both used your respective cash ISA allowance? Have you both got First Direct Regular Saver accounts?
  • kansaskitty
    Options
    Saving_NOW wrote: »
    Hello everyone I have been reading this thread for ages and finally caught up to the present!! We have been saving for the last 2 months for the first time in my life and can't wait to see our money grow month by month. Saving for the future not sure if we will buy a house yet but will take it one step at a time.

So far I have saved
    £1010 Barclays Isa
    £220 Barclays reg saver
    £150 Holiday fund (just had holiday in Nov so starting again)
    £40 Christmas 2013 fund

Normally together with DH we can save £870 per month could be more but DH likes to have spending money for all his hard work and I normally save the spending money i pay myself so can boost savings hopefully most months to £970- £1000. I have set a realistic target of £10k by Dec 31st 2013.

I also have a small ammount of gold worth £350 so would i count this as an investment and add it to my total savings ??

Anyway glad to join this thread as I need the motivation and encouragement from other fellow savers!!

Hello there Saving Now, I'm a bit of a lurker too but I just wanted to say you're on a great start for only having saved for two months! That's a great amount per month to put away, you're doing really well. Keep going, it's so great to watch it grow and think about what to put it towards. Keep your goals in mind and try to stay motivated! :)
    :heartsmil Stay-at-home-mummy of two, pinching the pennies but loving it! :heartsmil
    :grin:Spreadsheeter, piggybanker, envelope-system user!:grin:
    :exclamati Debt £1400/£6500 21.5% :exclamati
    :question: Emergency Fund £0/£500 0% :question:
  • Saving_NOW
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome kansaskitty, Yes we do save a good ammount each month but believe me we have wasted so much in the past! Once we both got full time jobs and I became a fan of this site things have changed dramatically for us. We also don't have a car as DH travels by train and I fortunately work on the same road that we live so no commute for me and I can go home for lunch.
    Not having a car I think is a massive saving, also no debts.
    I know loads of people say this but saving our hard earnt money and not wasting it is totally addictive!!! I suppose I have been on the other end aswell where spening what you don't have can be just as addictive (untill you have to pay back the creditiors!!)
    Regular saver £200 Saving for emergency fund (£2000)
    ISA £30 Saving for new clothes/ new laptop (£1000)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback