PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Equilibrium
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Im new to the threads and have spent hours looking at all the different help on here its great :). After loosing my job, grocery shopping is a must for us now, there is only two of us but we spend a fortune every week, and i know its mainly down to not writing or taking lists to the supermarkets with us. Totally ashamed of our spending and plan to reign it right in .
    Please can you put me down for £40 per week.

Oh also Is there a slow cooker thread on here ? as ive just got one and apart from stews and chilli im at a loss as to what to make in it , thankyou in advance :j
    GC spend Jan so far £165.68/ £160 FEB £189 /£170
    MARCH £0/£170
    Beautiful pictures are formed from dark negatives , so when your having a dark day feel rest assured that a beautiful picture is being prepared for you :)
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi!
    This is a challenge I've just dipped in and out of in the past, but belt-tightening is to be the order of the day for the coming year. We're both retired, but need to be able to offer some financial support to our DS who is unwell and can only work intermittently. Also, we enjoy our holidays, so need to save for those as well. Anyway £350 for us for January please - two adults and two border collies! This is to cover food, cleaning stuff, toiletries and diesel. Hope to gradually bring this down. My problem is that DH loves to wander into Waitr*** and buy little extra treats!!
    Thanks to those who run the thread - great work!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Emily87
    Options
    HI Everyone, I'am a newbie, this is my first ever post on mse! Please can you put me down for £250 for Jan 2011. This will include groceries, tolitries and nappies/wipes etc.
    June Grocery Challenge - £???/£230
    Credit card debt - Start - £10,613 Now - £10613
    Personal loan - Start - £10,116 Now - £10116

DFD - October 2015
    :T

• larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

I am aiming for £240 for the month of January.

My living situation may change in the next few months and I may be living alone on a vastly reduced income, so I will need this thread more than ever.

Best wishes everyone. :)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• life_in_termoil
    Options
    £3 spend today on a tray of eggs. Im back at work tonight so no more spending for me today
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #982
    In 2012 I pledge to:- Save £1 a day, meal plan, be more organised, have NSDs, set myself a budget AND STICK TO IT, throw all loose change into Sealed Pot and not open it till 29th November.:money:
  • flowergirls
    Options
    I would like to join this but have no idea what to set as a buget. There are 2 adults and 3 children aged 10,7 and 5. They normal have packed lunch at school. We also have a dog and a cat.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would like to join this but have no idea what to set as a buget.

if you normally pay for your shopping by card, have a look back over recent statements to get an idea. I know our weekly shops normally come in at the £30-40 mark so that is where my figures have come from. mission 1 - come in on target, then i can start working to reduce it.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi all, please can i be put down for an annual buget this time of £3,700 starting on the 1st of january .
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ... Oh also Is there a slow cooker thread on here ? as ive just got one and apart from stews and chilli im at a loss as to what to make in it , thankyou in advance :j

we have a couple of slow cooker threads - The Complete Slow Cooker Collection and the Slow Cooker Quick Questions thread

welcome to all our newbies :wave: MrsMcawber will be along to add you to the list soon, good luck! ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • flowergirls
    Options
    Our shopping is normaly between £90 - £120 per week and would like to decrease this is possible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure