Credit Card Freebies Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• jemmychaos
    Options
    when I've tried applying for the sonycard via the link in the article, it tells me that they cannot process my request and gives me a phone number to try. This has been happening since last week. Does anyone know if you apply by phone whether you can still get the sme deal re: the points?
  • mrogers
    Options
    I am thinking of closing my Clubcard Plus account and just use my Tesco Credit card at Tescos - paying off the balance each month. Can anyone tell me which will give me the most points? I usually convert thhem to airmiles - not sure if that is sensible or not!
  • FL
    FL Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just applied for the Citibank one and they are going to let me know within 7 days whatever that means. Bit confusing as on their website they are advertising that you get a free IPOD shuffle rather than the £50 voucher
  • Former_MSE_Dan
    Options
    Hi FL,

They (confusingly!) have 3 platinum cards on offer.

This is where you need to be for the £50 voucher

http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/cards/cards_plat1.htm

HTH

Dan
    Former MSE team member
  • Smokeyone
    Smokeyone Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    I have several thousand points on the BAA Worldcard credit card but unfortunately you cannot convert these points in to BA airmiles only
    Virgin or BMI miles.
    Can anyone confirm the following please -
    BAA worldcard points say 1000 = 1500 bmi miles
    If so I would need to spend £20k to get 30,000 bmi points to reach Las Vegas
    However with NW card £20 = 1 mile so only spend £140k to reach Las Vegas

Reading through the thread BMI card spend £15k = 30000points = Las Vegas

Cheers
  • terlan
    terlan Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Found a nice credit card freebie for you all.

Visa card from littlewoods
    https://www.littlewoods-online.com/rf/fs/help/moneymatters/index.do?page=visa
    Once you’ve been accepted, we’ll send you a £10 Littlewoods voucher. # Simply call us on 0845 601 9999 and quote VCT62

So get card, get £10 voucher, cancel card.

hope someone gets some use from this one.
    freebie creator, freebie hunter and freebie sharer.
    printable sign website creator
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    re citibank platinum-have been unable to apply online,when i ring they say 7-10 days to be sent the form,then up to 21 days to get the card.This is minimising the length of time i have to spend the quoted £500 by 25 dec in order to qualify for the £50 off,If they drag their feet i will not use it cos i have already done most of my christmas present shopping.
  • FL
    FL Posts: 748 Forumite
    Options
    hollydays wrote:
    re citibank platinum-have been unable to apply online,when i ring they say 7-10 days to be sent the form,then up to 21 days to get the card.This is minimising the length of time i have to spend the quoted £500 by 25 dec in order to qualify for the £50 off,If they drag their feet i will not use it cos i have already done most of my christmas present shopping.

Good point. I will try and get it and see where we are then. When have you got to spend the £500 by? I can put the shopping on and the petrol.
  • Chippy
    Chippy Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    I have just tried to apply for the citibank card for the £50 voucher and this is the reply I had:-

Thank you for your application for a Citi card.

Unfortunately we are unable to give you a decision on your application at this point in time.

We will be in touch with you via email or letter with our decision or request for further information within the next 7 working days. If your application is approved we will send you a contract within the next 7 working days for you to sign and return.

Thank you for your interest in Citi.

Ref: TIMEOUT

Seems they may be trying to stall before issuing the card and then we'll be less likely to spend the £500 in time!!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Think its got to be spent by 25th december
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts