redundancy threat - civilian working for police

Options
1235»

Comments

• michelle1506
    Options
    Hello,

Thought you might appreciate an update on my situation which I previously described.

Well I had a meeting with a senior HR 'official' along with a PCS union rep, and my manager. At first it was going to be 'goodbye' but HR soon realised that I could cause LOADS of trouble if I wanted, and now they have said that they will find me a role.

The PCS rep was brilliant! :j

They had to find me a role really as I would be on maternity leave while working my notice! :mad:
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I am actually a member of the PCS union. I would strongly advise you to join them instead of Unison if you can. I do know that they are soon going to ballet for industrial action regarding the compulsory redundancies. The PCS was also very angry at the way the changes were forced through to the Civil Service Compensation Scheme.

From talking to PCS union reps, Unison were very apathetic to both changes to the Civil Service Compensation Scheme and the issue of compulsory redundancies.

This could work but in reality all the negociations have been done by UNISON. Joining PCS so far in the stage would be useless as they wouldnt do anything and have no idea of the negociations already taken place.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • michelle1506
    Options
    Thanks for that, point seen and noted. ;)
  • dizzybuff
    Options
    Well Im redeployed ! great eh.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
  • michelle1506
    Options
    Have they put you in the redeployment pool?
  • dizzybuff
    Options
    Ive been redeployed to finance , career graded one grade lower than im on with scope to rise .
  • michelle1506
    Options
    Thats good news :j

Well I am now working someone else, but so far they have not been very accommodating about my ante natal appointments etc :-( I am waiting for the redundancy offers to come out, hopefully it will take a few months, and then I will apply :j

I don't fancy returning to this dept to be honest. I won't be able to work the hours required (early starts) and unfortunately, I've been told they have to keep the job open for up to a year. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure