The Debt Free Roll Of Honour

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,309 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    LexieLou said:
    Exactly 2000 days after I started this journey I can write on this thread, a thread which has kept me going, reading others stories and knowing there was an end to this journey.

I used some of my inheritance to pay off the last of my debt - so I had a cry that if I hadn't been so stupid in my earlier years I wouldn't have had to use it towards my debt.  But I am now debt free and can start to build my credit history and have a life again (Thanks Mum and Dad)

The date of your lightbulb moment

28 April 2018

Debts at their highest
    £38,000 and loose change 

Your one pearl of Wisdom
    I don't know if I have one worth suggesting, but do think on your intended purchase for 24 hours before buying, chances are you won't want it the next day.  
    I found a balance which worked for me, living and paying debt, this stopped me being permanently miserable and made this journey bearable.  

To everyone who has been with me on my journey, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You have been my silent support network, your wisdom and encouragement has been amazing.

I feel slightly deflated now (someone else mentioned this feeling in a post on this thread), when I made the last payment I turned the microwave on and reheated left overs.  What a way to celebrate!  

I've linked my diary below - it's not very exciting and has no words of wisdom, but there are some amazing supporters on it.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5834547/when-you-owe-more-than-your-annual-net-salary

The next step in my life is to save what I was repaying every month, and to get into a position where I can buy my own house.

Thank you all, you are the best.

LL xx
    Massive well done. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Squirrelz92
    Options
    LexieLou said:
    Exactly 2000 days after I started this journey I can write on this thread, a thread which has kept me going, reading others stories and knowing there was an end to this journey.

I used some of my inheritance to pay off the last of my debt - so I had a cry that if I hadn't been so stupid in my earlier years I wouldn't have had to use it towards my debt.  But I am now debt free and can start to build my credit history and have a life again (Thanks Mum and Dad)

The date of your lightbulb moment

28 April 2018

Debts at their highest
    £38,000 and loose change 

Your one pearl of Wisdom
    I don't know if I have one worth suggesting, but do think on your intended purchase for 24 hours before buying, chances are you won't want it the next day.  
    I found a balance which worked for me, living and paying debt, this stopped me being permanently miserable and made this journey bearable.  

To everyone who has been with me on my journey, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You have been my silent support network, your wisdom and encouragement has been amazing.

I feel slightly deflated now (someone else mentioned this feeling in a post on this thread), when I made the last payment I turned the microwave on and reheated left overs.  What a way to celebrate!  

I've linked my diary below - it's not very exciting and has no words of wisdom, but there are some amazing supporters on it.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5834547/when-you-owe-more-than-your-annual-net-salary

The next step in my life is to save what I was repaying every month, and to get into a position where I can buy my own house.

Thank you all, you are the best.

LL xx
    Absolutely awesome!!! You have achieved so much!!! WELL DONE!!! xx
    Debt Free Date: 24th October 2023! £7402.10 Paid Off In 6 Months!
    3 Month Emergency Fund: £3500 / £3500
    #60 2024 Mortgage-Free Wannabes: £200/£2500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport