MSE News: Anger as Tesco website crashes on Clubcard exchange deadline day

Comments

• no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Forumite Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    st1050 wrote: »
    I changed mine OK but....
    How about this for sneaky though, I got some new vouchers in the post this morning!

I also got some extra vouchers in the post today , not sure why though ? It was £13 worth and wasnt expecting them at all as i havent long received my last batch.
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • janie-h
    janie-h Forumite Posts: 78 Forumite
    What a Nightmare! Took me an hour to get to the basket page, entered all of my codes and confirmed the order. I got the "We were unable to fulfill your request" error. The site then told me those voucher codes had already been used! No order confirmation email, I doubt it went through...

Their phones have had the busy tone all day and no response yet to my mail.

Hopefully they will get it sorted!

DITTO! :wall: No confirmation email yet (over 48 hours now) and I emailed about the problem and no reply. Probably won't get the chance to ring until Wed.

Can only hope it worked:undecided
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Forumite Posts: 5,397
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had the same problem in the past, and it's been on different PCs, but surely they could resolve this?? Maybe I'm just being cynical...
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • hopefulfooluk
    hopefulfooluk Forumite Posts: 2,441
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tax credits deadline problems anyone?! Lessons lessons!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Forumite Posts: 12,199
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Given that the vouchers are only valid for 6 months once exchanged, there is _some_ value to leaving it until the last minute...
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Forumite Posts: 20,172
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Given that the vouchers are only valid for 6 months once exchanged, there is _some_ value to leaving it until the last minute...

Even after the last minute as it turns out (they have now extended it to the 8th).
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • dougz_2
    dougz_2 Forumite Posts: 523
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    cagsd wrote: »
    Any reward that is not "Buy In Full", you can interchange the vouchers. So for example you could order Pizza Express vouchers but use them towards a hotel say, or you could order Hilton vouchers and use them in Goldsmiths, etc etc.
    Are you absolutely sure of that?

Sellers on ebay always seem to point out that their Pizza Express vouchers can alternatively be only used at another of the similar restaurant type offers. Apparently there is a code on the vouchers that is dependant on which deal category was originally ordered i.e S3010 is only for days out deals.
  • steve_carter159
    steve_carter159 Forumite Posts: 10 Forumite
    charlie792 wrote: »
    I had the exact same thing! Spent hours (literally!) trying to get various offers to work, finally after some arguing with the website got the offers I wanted into my basket - Checked out got an error telling me my address was incorrect, it says enter the address where clubcard statements are issued, well it was that address so Ive no idea what they were expecting. It took me back to checkout then hey presto all my vouchers have been used...Did send an email last night - would have been phoning if it was open....not a happy bunny. Shall be attempting to get through tomorrow...

I finally managed to get through on the phones (after being on hold for 40 minutes), I was advised the vouchers had been locked (not sure what that means???)

The helpful assistance was able to unlock my vouchers and reprocess the order with the 4x rate.
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Forumite Posts: 20,172
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2010 at 1:24PM
    The voucher exchange on the site is only showing 3 for 1, if you order now will you actually receive 4 for 1?

This is what the site says
    Due to some customers experiencing delays in receiving their eCoupon codes, we will honour any online redemption until 8th December.

I guess not, they now have this message up.
    Important service update

Over the weekend, we experienced a huge last minute rush for the Big Exchange and our 4x Rewards scheme. This meant that some customers were not able to exchange their vouchers or had problems with the process, and missed the deadline of 5th December.
    Problems that some of our customers experienced included:
    - Website crashing / timing out whilst exchanging vouchers online, so the transaction didn't go through but your vouchers appeared as 'spent'.
    Don't worry, you won't lose your vouchers - please contact our customer service team who will be able to reset your vouchers.

- Calling our helplines but not being able to get through
    If you were calling us to exchange your vouchers on the Big Clubcard Exchange, then please call our customer service team and we will deal with each customer on an individual basis.

-If you were calling to exchange your vouchers for 4x partner rewards, then you can either:

- post your vouchers to us with this completed form (http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/p/inc/partnerorderform.pdf), and state clearly the date you tried to exchange your vouchers. Please send your completed form and vouchers to Tesco Freetime Limited, PO Box 654, Crawley RH10 1RG.

- call our customer service team and we will deal with each customer on an individual basis.

IMPORTANT: We will only accept vouchers that were issued up to and including your November statement. Any vouchers issued in your December statement will not be accepted. Any December vouchers received will be added back on to your next statement in February.

Please be aware that if you are contacting our customer service team, our lines are extremely busy - thanks for your patience .

Our call centre number : 0808 100 0707 .
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • charlie792
    charlie792 Forumite Posts: 1,744
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2010 at 1:36PM

I agree - Especially with the theme park ones considering most of the parks don't re-open until mid March, even ordering on the deadline day only really gives you 2.5 months to use them once the parks have re-opened
    I finally managed to get through on the phones (after being on hold for 40 minutes), I was advised the vouchers had been locked (not sure what that means???)

The helpful assistance was able to unlock my vouchers and reprocess the order with the 4x rate.

Well done! Im going to get the OH to ring tonight - Im pretty sure being locked means its registered on their system as already being used, it said mine had been after their system screwed up my order on sunday.

Which number did you managed to get through on?

Did they do the 4x order there and then over the phone then? - They better do this for mine or I won't be a happy bunny - I spent hours the other night trying to get them into my bleeding basket
    MFW 2020 #111 Offset Balance £69,394.80/ £69,595.11
    Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
    Sept 2016 £104,800
    Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 339K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business