How to Unlock your Bradband Modem, Free & Online

Options
13»

Comments

• waterwatereverywhere
    Options
    Hi Stilltheone,

Many thx for your reply. Yes, I have the IMEI an the generated unlock code just haven't a clue how to use the code...!

When I put the dongle in the laptop it brings up the Vodafone log on screen but then just says "no device". Not sure what I need to do from there, can you help any further please?

What do you been by "fully installed"?

Many thx!
  • stilltheone
    stilltheone Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Stilltheone,

Many thx for your reply. Yes, I have the IMEI an the generated unlock code just haven't a clue how to use the code...!

When I put the dongle in the laptop it brings up the Vodafone log on screen but then just says "no device". Not sure what I need to do from there, can you help any further please?

What do you been by "fully installed"?

Many thx!

Which version of Windows are you using?

Can you see the Device in the Device Manager?

Why is the device not being recognised by the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software?

The usual causes for this symptom (main window view shows 'No Device' or 'Searching for Network') are:

The device is not fully inserted in the slot. Use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool to stop the device (if it is shown in the list), eject the device, and re-insert it.
    The device does not EXACTLY match the selected device description. This might happen if you use two similar devices (sharing cards from a common pool). Use Manage Devices to Add Device.
    The device did not shut down properly after a previous use. Use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' tool to stop the device (if it is shown in the list), eject the device, and re-insert it.
    Another application (perhaps the on-board connection software for some devices) has control of the device. You should close the other application and then try again to connect.

http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/40_software/software/faq/p_faq94.jsp

Perhaps you need to install the latest software in order for the device to be recognised: Vodafone You can remove it once the dongle is unlocked and the Firmware and Dashboard replaced.

If you think that the device is actually installed, download and run the DC unlocker software and use it to detect the device.
  • waterwatereverywhere
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the further posts - apols for delay returning here but have been busy at work and away.

I've tried the suggestions here but can't get this to work at all.

Would be hugely grateful if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and/or provide an foolproof idiot's guide...!

The dongle I have is a few years old. It was originally a Vodafone PAYG dongle. Could it be that Vodafone have disabled it in some way so that it cannot be used again and could this be why it says "no device"?

I've tried downloading DC Unlocker and set it to automatically detect the modem but it says "no modem found".

This Vodafone PAYG dongle I have is "K3565 HSDPA USB Stick". I plug this into my laptop and it goes through the "installing software" mode. This brings up the Vodafone connect box but it reads "no device". This is the same whether I put any SIM card in it or not (I don't have an active data SIM card to try).

I have one more recent Orange dongle ( Huawei E160e) (this was an old contract one I used several years ago). I plug this in and it loads the software. When I click "connect" it says "this modem is disconnected or is unavailable". I've tried detecting this one with DC unlocker too but it says the same thing "no modem found).

If anyone can help me to unlock either of these so I can use it with a 3 SIM I'd be enormously grateful!

Thx in advance.
  • stilltheone
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the further posts - apols for delay returning here but have been busy at work and away.

I've tried the suggestions here but can't get this to work at all.

Would be hugely grateful if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong and/or provide an foolproof idiot's guide...!

The dongle I have is a few years old. It was originally a Vodafone PAYG dongle. Could it be that Vodafone have disabled it in some way so that it cannot be used again and could this be why it says "no device"?*

I've tried downloading DC Unlocker and set it to automatically detect the modem but it says "no modem found".

This Vodafone PAYG dongle I have is "K3565 HSDPA USB Stick". I plug this into my laptop and it goes through the "installing software" mode. This brings up the Vodafone connect box but it reads "no device". This is the same whether I put any SIM card in it or not (I don't have an active data SIM card to try).

I have one more recent Orange dongle ( Huawei E160e) (this was an old contract one I used several years ago). I plug this in and it loads the software. When I click "connect" it says "this modem is disconnected or is unavailable". I've tried detecting this one with DC unlocker too but it says the same thing "no modem found).

If anyone can help me to unlock either of these so I can use it with a 3 SIM I'd be enormously grateful!

Thx in advance.

*No.

Which operating system are you using?
  • waterwatereverywhere
    Options
    Hi,

Thx - I am using Windows XP.
  • stilltheone
    Options
    Have you un-installed both of the modems, including their connection software and then re-booted?

If you wish I can connect to your computer remotely in order to take a look.
  • lic
    lic Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Has anyone managed to unlock a K3520 locked to vodafone PAYG?

I have read the above posts and cannot unlock my device.

Waterwatereverywhere, did you manage to unlock yours, if so how?

I'm using XP, but have access to Vista and windows 7, if I use another OS will that make it easier?

Thanks in advance.
    Lic.
  • nilankalk
    Options
    lic wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone managed to unlock a K3520 locked to vodafone PAYG?

I have read the above posts and cannot unlock my device.

Waterwatereverywhere, did you manage to unlock yours, if so how?

I'm using XP, but have access to Vista and windows 7, if I use another OS will that make it easier?

Thanks in advance.

3G Modems introced after May 2012 unable to unlock using a unlock code. It's need special mechanism called as "Flashing". Please reply if you still need help regarding this!!
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    The post you replied to was almost 16 months old! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business