Mysupermarket online food shopping comparison

Comments

• Hazevin
    Hazevin Posts: 14 Forumite
    I tried to have a quick look at this site the other day. Idea is good, but if I buy a Tesco's branded item it won't compare it to an Asda branded item. A serious as we don't all want branded goods. Fresh bread Meat etc are some of the items I can think of that you can't compare easily.

Thats my whine over !!!!!
  • Is there a site listing only the BOGOFs and special offers in the
    supermarkets rather than having to troll through everything?

This is my first time........
  • Yeah there is, goto https://www.fixtureferrets.co.uk. The site is free if the items are less than £1 but to view anything else the cost is £5.20 a year for a membership. The site list offers by store or promotional offer and even product catagory. Hope this helps.
  • su3
    su3 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Just had a quick browse through this site with a sample shopping list. Have only shopped on line twice before but found the layout of this site really easy to use (I really struggled with Tescos) and I had heard that it was upposed to be the best site.

Loved the way it suggested alternatives to make your shop cheaper and the comparisons. As I did not go through to the checkout I am not sure if there is an option to use any evouchers.

Even when my broken ankle is healed I think I will be using this site again and regularly.

THANK YOU
  • THANK YOU - to whom ever dreamt this site up. I have added my favourites from Tesco - I can now see the size of things and actually see the products. Loving the tool which offers similar items that could cost less - whoopeee :T :beer: :j
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    su3 wrote:
    As I did not go through to the checkout I am not sure if there is an option to use any evouchers.
    THANK YOU
    Yes : at the checkout it sends your order to tesco and switches you to the tesco site, where you can do what you like. I successfully used a points voucher this way. Great site!
  • BackSeat wrote:
    Another one of these "best viewed with Internet Explorer" sites.

Next we'll have car manufacturers saying, "This car best driven on A roads with a '3' in the number".

I can't run Internet Explorer (and there are lots of people who don't want to run it); hopefully this site will get corrected soon.

Not if it's IE 7 it isn't.
  • GiJo
    GiJo Posts: 268 Forumite
    EL_C wrote:
    Is there a site listing only the BOGOFs and special offers in the
    supermarkets rather than having to troll through everything?

This is my first time........

Welcome:hello:

You might find https://www.madaboutbargains.co.uk useful too.
  • Hi,

Asda has Heinz beans on offer 2 packs, of 4 tins for 2 quid. I always buy Heinz when on offer so don't, usually, have to buy cheapo tins. Same applies with tins of spaghetti. Seriously Strong cheddar was under 6 quid per kg too - I only buy that cheese and never Supermarkets own cheese. Found could get a lot of my usual brands and save money at Asda.

With Tesco I found that they often run out of items I need to buy. I live out in the sticks and do a big shop every 2 - 3 weeks and it's a bummer if I can't get the bread, cat food, carrots and other essentials. "We will have a delivery tomorrow" or you shouldn't shop here on a Monday, Friday, Saturday and esp. not Sunday. You need to shop here on a Wednesday or Thursday! That's when I handed my Tesco's card to the Manager" Here you can keep this I'm off to Morrison's" 5 other people did the same. We had been standing round waiting to find out if the items we needed were in stock. The Manager looked at us like he didn't give a toss. Perhaps this Tesco is an exception. This problem, at Tesco had gone on for a long time!

Time is money and we can't stand around waiting to find out items aren't in stock. Sorry about the rant! Regards and thanks very much to you all for the great posts.
  • cwc1899
    cwc1899 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hey there

I have done my supermarket shopping online for several years now and regularly shop from ocado or tesco.
    First of all shopping online has stopped me over-spending and more or less halved my shopping bill, I hardly ever throw food away now as I only buy what is needed.
    Tesco's online service has deteriorated recently and has never been able to hold a candle to the service ocado have always provided; Ocado could be slightly more expensive, but on 'my shopping' were the cheapest by about 20p! When you spend £75 or more, THERE'S NO DELIVERY CHARGE! the only let down with Ocado is the range of products which is why I swap stores, the quality is superb and I rarely return fruit and veg.
    I'm going to properly use the my shopping website next week, the graphics are superb and big!

In my area, Asda's online shopping is diabolical and Sainsbury's needs to be booked at least 3 weeks in advance!

Think that's enough babbling...

cwc xx:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family