We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
goading ?
Comments
-
5 years ago when I got my new car which is only a little Yaris 1.3 and I was being careful, I'd waited 6 moths for this car, I was driving on the M60 at night when it had road works on it and mobile speed cameras with a reduced limit of 40mph, when a police 4x4 BMW was behind, almost bumper to bumper, if anything it made me travel at 38/39mph I think when he realised after a few miles that I wasn't going to speed, he overtook and shot off way above 40mph0
-
paddedjohn wrote: »If i was the o'p i would have put my foot down hard...............on the brake.
funnily enough in the same area I was being followed by a silver golf - as we got to the lockwood traffic lights, I refused to be pushed through even though there are two lanes.
After I backed off the throttle, the car behind started to blare its horn, so I braked - not hard, but they still ran into the back of me.
"what did you stop for?" the lady driver demanded.
"Well, for one thing, someone started blaring their horn, and another, Its up to me when I want to stop, not the person behind"
There was no damage to the cars but I said I wanted to swap details"
"Well I'll pull up over there - I'm a police officer anyway"
"Really? ok well I'll just move my car to one side"
As I was doing it she drove off .
Turned out it was a hire car, and the police couldn't trace her, although they were keen to do so as they said she was "impersonating a police officer"
she did a good impersonation then, cos most of them round Lockwood drive like morons:DDon't try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig0 -
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. It was pitch black, I was driving home sticking to the limit etc... and suddenly a marked police car gets right up my back bumper, lights on full beam. Follows me for a while, I indicate to turn right at the roundabout near my house (not many people take this route outside of working hours) - they follow me. I indicate left to come off the exit, they keep following me. There's a left turn almost immediately after exiting the roundabout which I needed to take to access my street, I was already indicating left so just continued to do so and nipped into the left hand turn. Poor coppers didn't see it coming and had no choice but to continue up the road - they hadn't anticipated it and they were too far up my !!!! to realise in time!
Never saw them again, and that was that, although at the time I did feel like reporting them. It's not big or clever - I was driving alone, female, about 18 years old at the time.0 -
paddedjohn wrote: »that's not a booking its a producer
Yeah but it would ruin the story if it was only a producer, good old village plod knows how to deal with the black rats and the stories get better, soon someone will have the box these were produced from :rotfl:0 -
I was going along a deserted motorway at 3 in the morning, when suddenly......a huge great police helicopter without any lights on swopped down about a foot from my roof, god I was so frightened, I thought they can't have reached their targets, but I refused to speed and they stayed there for three months and a 1000 miles, I lost them by going under a bridge and turning round, he he, they didnt think I could do that, and I lost them, but I agree it shouldn't be allowed, they should be out catching criminals and muggers, instead they terrorise us into keeping to speed limits ; )0
-
Happychappy wrote: »Yeah but it would ruin the story if it was only a producer, good old village plod knows how to deal with the black rats and the stories get better, soon someone will have the box these were produced from :rotfl:
Are you suggesting I made this up, I had never been pulled up before and booked as I thought I had been so I am not familiar with the procedure, he took my name and address so I thought I had been booked?
As for the policeman at my local station saying forget about the booking, I may have said to him I had been booked so he was reassuring me, I don't know.
Any way my story is true and I didn't change it to make the story better.0 -
I just carry on driving normally and legally.
The way i see it,if they want to take risks and as a result,rear end me,then I'll assume the position,clutch my neck,see my lawyer and nail their insurance for as much as i can. Then when they get their renewal,they can think about their folly.Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards