Warning - new Orange rip-off

Options

Comments

• nelly_2
    nelly_2 Posts: 17,863 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My mate works for orange.

They sent him and 30 others on a totem pole carving course for a full weekend as team bonding. Guess who payed for it?................... us
  • fiish
    fiish Posts: 815 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They already have, except for people who are already on it.
  • alan99_2
    alan99_2 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    [HTML]They sent him and 30 others on a totem pole carving course for a full weekend as team bonding. Guess who payed for it?................... us[/HTML]

Totem pole?

Why? Are they cowboys?

:rotfl:
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zaccy wrote:
    I am on the EQ Virgin Tariff as well. A Good deal isn't it. I only use my Cell phone for emergencies or as a last resort when there is no Land Line available so only spend a few pennies a year. It must be costing Orange a small fortune to provide me with a national cellphone network, free voice mail and an itemised bill every month in return for my few pence. I suppose they will wise up at sometime and chop the Virgin Tariff.

and gave us free upgrade phones last year as well !
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • mulerider
    mulerider Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    alan99 wrote:
    [HTML]They sent him and 30 others on a totem pole carving course for a full weekend as team bonding. Guess who payed for it?................... us[/HTML]

Totem pole?

Why? Are they cowboys?

:rotfl:

I used to think Orange were a good network but after reading the latest horror stories I guess they could be classed as cowboys....Totem pole, well it does seem like there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians with all the recent problems queuing to speak to customer services and the recent outage with the broadband service things are not looking that bright!
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    come on seriously - orange arent a bad network people have bad experiences with every company/network
    queing for CS - we heard they were changing or moving the call centres hence the problems think its getting better now
    outage with BB - happens to the best of them at least theyre offering it and it is free really - no connection charges etc!
    the charges e.g. for itemised billing - other networks have had that for longer! not as if they are the first ones
    they do actually seem to be really trying!

ps - i guess they lost my invitation to a totem pole weekend - nevermind
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    reehsetin wrote:
    come on seriously - orange arent a bad network ...
    I believe that they have replaced all their offices' geographical numbers with 0870 ones.
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the retail numbers we use are either 0800 or 07........ on occasion we fax 0870 numbers thats it
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    My orange phone bill came today and with it was a charge for each delivery report received of 0.9p. It fairly mounts up too! Though I asked for nonitemised bills and dont get charged for them I still get them for some reason!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • xzibit
    xzibit Posts: 660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used to be with Orange. I moved across to O2 when they told me I couldn't upgrade my phone at the end of my 12 months, because I didn't have high enough bills, and would have to wait another 9 months!!!!
    But charging for itemised billing, and delivery reports is just bad. I will never go with Orange again. They even ruin the phones by putting their own firmware on them, which was another reason I hated them.

Go O2 online. Free internet billing, and you can print them off if you want, 10p a message not 12p, free delivery reports, and unlocked phones that haven't been messed with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure