We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Old Style Daily Thread; Sunday 14 November

124

Comments

  • halight wrote: »
    I hope that you enjoy brirmingham. I live about 13 miles away.
    Anyway enjoy your conference:j:j

    Hailight you and your wife should perhaps come and join us at the Birmingham meet on Jan 22nd. there is a thread that I started about it :D
    Thanks NPM, I am definitely having more good days than bad just now :)

    Woo hoo glad to hear that my lovely :T:T:T:D:D:D
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    The elf has discovered Harry Potter and wants to know if we can go and see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Howls". Love it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    Take care all of you

    DS likes the first Harry Potter film but I won't let him watch any more as they get progressively darker :eek: I can't wait to go and see the new film myself though ;)

    Morning (just ;))

    Been swimming after H gave me a lie in :D
    Dry but dull here so washing will dry indoors.
    need to get a load of Christmas orders completed, need to send stuff via post before it gets manic at Royal [STRIKE]Fail[/STRIKE] Mail ;)
    Will have chicken and leek pie for tea with some veggies and maybe some roasties if I can be bothered (mash is sooooo much easier :o)

    Came out of swimming pool and was dressed by 11am so we pulled up and observed the 2 mins silence in the car.

    Flutterby - I'd go for the second one, get more attachments for the money ;)

    Ubamother - :eek::eek: poor you! Hope you're on the road to recovery and that the bruising fades quick xx

    Molly - pleased to see you're home, hope your next visit isn't a long one xx

    Sorry if I've missed anyone, got a lot of threads to catch up on :o

    Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    halight wrote: »
    Taplady i hope that you enjoyed your time with your son.

    thankyou Halight - yes I did and he's still here - he lives in your neck of the woods - Worcester. back of there tonight.
    He did have a little good news for us, the radio station have asked him back and this time they are going to pay him:j not a lot but it will fit in with his other dj job so he's really pleased. Apparently the station had 37 letters saying they wanted him back, 2 good bye cards sent to the station and lots of messages on FB so he was popular:T

    Ubamother - hope you soon get over your op x

    JackieG - great pic:T

    (((hugs))) to all those remembering a loved one today.

    I'm off to work after lunch till 10pm but should be a relaxing day there(probably famous last words)
    DS2 has been dropped ioff at work.
    Taplord is doing his pigeon loft renovations with his little helper - Louie the pup who is chewing a big bone atm.

    JackieG - following on from your tale of coco chewing through the x box cable, yesterday Louie decided to do a spot of cooking and somehow managed to pull my electric mixer and bowl from the cupboard and chew through the cable and i also found him asleep on my teatowel:mad::Dhe's a little scamp thats for sure.

    jacket spud for lunch and a roast lunch for tea at work. Taplord is cooking for him and DS later(beef left over from last week and frozen)

    hope you all have a great day x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hailight you and your wife should perhaps come and join us at the Birmingham meet on Jan 22nd. there is a thread that I started about it :D

    QUOTE]
    great idea!:T I bumped the thread yesterday!:D
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Oh and I meant to say thank you all for the thoughts re Jemma aka Boo Bear (how daft are we in my family with nicknames?! LOL) and my parents have taken her off the diazapam and she's much better today, nice and sprightly so she got taken for a walk to the local fields :D Lets hope the old pooch doesn't have to have any more minor (or even major) surgery as she clearly can't cope with it.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • the Birmingham meet on Jan 22nd. there is a thread that I started about it :D

    Flutterby - I'd go for the second one, get more attachments for the money ;)

    Please will someone remind me about the meet closer to the time cos my brain is useless at the moment! :rotfl: Although I will have a look at train/coach tickets in a mo.

    Ta Bitsy and JackieG for the advice on food processors. I'll let you know which one I order.

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Oh Taplady, naughty louie!! I haven't done anything about the controller yet, that would require going to the shopping centre on my own, and I'm not up to that yet :o You'll need those child locks on your cupboards next! And Hurray for DS, that's brilliant news, and even if the money isn't fantastic, it will be great for hie CV!!!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • I've bought the 2nd food processor, the one with more bits :D I can collect instore on Tues night. Because I was doubling up my clubcard vouchers I was going to have pay £9.97 (grrrr why are things not a rounded price :mad: ) so I doubled up another £5 voucher and got a health grill too - like the Georgge Foreman's but Tesco own. So for the processor and health grill it cost me a grand total of £3.46 :j. I used £35 worth of clubcard vouchers, I won't use them on anything else so I'm happy with that!

    I've had a busy day, I've booked overnight hotel and parking for our trip to Montreal and bought a guide book. I've also sorted through my paperwork and filed stuff away. I've put a load of recipes in my recipe book that I've collected in past few weeks. I need to make a few phonecalls and then will pop to shops for few bits before they close.

    Fantastic result in the F1 :beer:

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone!

    Well, what an exhausting week. I've barely had a chance to get on to READ the Daily Thread, let alone post on it! I've seen my "boys" (Leicester Tigers, rugby :D), had 2 nights of parents' evening and then collapsed into a small snoozing heap on Friday evening.

    On the positive side, DH and I went into our local town yesterday morning and discovered a new wine shop who were doing wine tastings :beer:. We were tiddly by 10.30am! :rotfl: DH then brewed a chilli con carne for our evening meal, using our jam pan... it was a large batch! He got 12 portions out of it, 2 of which we had last night, 2 for tonight and the rest for the freezer.

    Today's cooking has been using up a sizable chunk of squash which FIL gave us yesterday from his garden. I found this recipe for Squash and chilli soup which I made today for lunch. 4 portions are currently sitting in the freezer and MIL is coming round with a jug of squash & leek soup to pour into more boxes for our freezer. She's apparently put 9 boxes in her freezer and is running out of space. :eek: Needless to say, we're feeling quite virtuous with our Old Styling this weekend!

    oh, and then I went and bought a bottle of champagne from Tesco (special offer, naturally) for Christmas - oops. :D

    Right, have a good day everyone. :wave:

    Vicky
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 #17 £1820.01 #18 £2021.83 declared
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2010 at 8:25PM
    2010_1114supper0004-1.jpg

    Tonights supper, chicken breast stuffed with sage, onion and apricot stuffing, roast potato's cauliflower, carrots and calebrese. Sauce made from chicken stock and tomato puree thickened with a little slaked cornflour.

    Apple and blackberry strudel to follow.......
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Just come on to vent!!
    just had a heartbreaking chat with DS after another meltdown this evening:(
    Another child has told him at school that no one likes him because he flaps his hands:mad: so DS has spent the week at school trying to stop flapping as he desperately wants them to like him but he cant do it and it stressed him.
    He was hysterical tonight crying and saying he hates autism and he doesnt want to be different to other children. He also says he thinks I don`t love him because if I did I would help him and take the autism away:(
    We have had cuddles and OH and I have both emphasised how much we and others love him and that the autism does not bother us at all.
    Am about to email his SENCO about it all.....apparently another teacher told him off last week for telling tales and he was told not to tell tales to us at home and that is why he hasnt told us:mad:.......Lord it is difficult.
    Have any of you others with kids on the spectrum had this issue and what did you do?
    Am going to Google it all and see if anything comes up. Have discussed with DS trying to teach him another way of stimming instead of flapping....something which wouldnt make him stand out as much eg tapping the side of his leg but he isnt happy with that.
    I feel another sleepless night coming:o
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.