We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old Style Daily Thread; Sunday 14 November
Comments
-
Hardup_Hester wrote: »I've just read the last part of yesterdays thread, (sniffs) I can't think what you lot are intimidating about me, (flounces off in the style of Mrs Slocombe)
Sorry Hester

Morning all,
Looks like it might be a nice day here, I have our bedding in the wm , and will do dd's after, I also have her uniform to wash, so will get it all on the line today.
DD went to her half brothers birthday party last night, brother is gay, so there were lots of gay men there, they all loved my dd, and spent the whole night hugging her and dancing with her and generally making a fuss of her, she loved it and had a ball :T, she got in at 12 shattered, and went straight to bed, will get her up once I have done this.
Went to the local cheap food shop yesterday, and they had 2 packets of Brunswick ham for £1, bought 2 to try it, and its delish, so think I will go and get more today and shove in the freezer.
Need to get the dogs out today, and have a general tidy round, other than that it will be a day of pottering, will watch the rememberence service on the tv later on.
JackieO, I love the way you talk about your dd's, you clearly adore them, as I suspect they do you xx
OK better get on, have good days all xx0 -
Morning all.
It's quite grey and damp here today, but not raining.bargainbird wrote: »Morning
No-ones dressed yet and DS is running about shaking his bits everywhere :rotfl:.
That made me laugh! DS2 used to do that. It took puberty to hit before he stopped!
Not much planned for today. Got a shoulder of mutton or dinner. We picked up a freezer pack of mutton when we went to the Abergavenny food festival back in September and hubby and sons have decided that they prefer mutton to lamb, so we'll have to order some more when it runs out. Think we've still got a pack of diced left as well as some chops.
Have a good day everyone.0 -
Morning all......................((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.....
Well my little furry friend gets to live another night, should I prepare a farewell feast do you think????? Its pouring with rain, so no trip to the market, not asking for trouble.......OH is just getting back on his feet, do not want any setbacks thank you.
Very grey wet morning here on the east coastish of Scotland, I was hoping it would be fine, no such luck. OH still in bed, he has had his brekkie, said he was going to have another little snooze, I could do with one as well, but won't get one.
Nothing planned for today excpet to cook supper. I picked up a couple of large chicken breast from Asda the other week, I am going to stuff one and roast it for tonight, will turn the other into chicken with mushrooms in yogurt sauce and stick it back in the freezer.
I went to bed early last night left OH watching the thing from the Albert Hall.......guess he will be watching the TV this morning. I will shut myself in the kitchen and cook whilst it is on. It makes me so sad to think that even now young men and women are getting killed fighting wars......
Think the stove will get lit later, its not too cold this morning and the heating is still on, will not go off for another hour or so.Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
Morning all
Wet here and got soaked walking rhe dogs. Never mind.
Defrosting what I thought was a nice piece of left over roast beef but have sliced into it and can see carrot. It will either be stew or possible mince. Serves me right for not labelling it. It will be served hot with mash and veg whatever it is.
Had a great time at the rugby last night - Scotland v All Blacks. My goodness, these guys are H U G E and very powerful. So, although we were thoroughly defeated, we did score the first points. Someone behind me called out 'time, ref!'
. Great to see the All Blacks play - first time for me. We usually go to the Scotland/ Ireland games as DH is Irish. Had a couple of drinks and a cheese and ham toastie (no queue at the toastie stall!), another drink in our local then home for 2 mugs of tea. Ah I know how to live on a Saturday night!
Take care all and hope you enjoy your day.
W
ps JackieO - I watched the Remembrance service too and also thought the little girl had an amazing voice and looked so lovely. I found it all so moving, as it always is.0 -
Good Morning,
Thankyou for all the kind wishes. I managed to get home for the weekend but will probably end up as an inpatient again in the not too distant future:( I was very impressed with the standards of care and levels of cleanliness at my local hospital. However its so lovely being at home and I really appreciate being here with my family and dogs. Makes me feel sad for all those who are not so lucky and of course I am remembering all those who have lost.
The Kids Dad has done a brilliant job but just pottering around tweaking today. He got disgruntled last night because I was sorting out a few bits so will have to be very discrete:o The clean washing seems to have gone astray somewhat with my eldest son having my youngest son's underpants in his pile:eek::eek: Anyway it wont take long and makes feel useful. Otherwise OS is minimal. I would love to do some baking but know Im not up to it even with help. I am thinking that I might treat myself to a Kenwood mixer with my christmas money. My mum does have one so she might pass it on to me!
Hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs to Bitsy's Boo dog and of course to all those who are feeling unwell and whose parents are also struggling. Please forgive me if I have overlooked anything major and again thank you for all the support xI must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.0 -
Morning all
Last Friday, as in 9 days ago, I popped in just to say I was really tired and only planned to go to work and then go to bed. Mmmmm by midday I was in A & E in some quite remarkable pain and being pumped full of morphine! Apparently I wasn't just 'tired' after all. Turns out I had a gallstone that had escaped and was wandering round my bile duct. Ouch. Couldn't operate until Thursday - had to have ultrasound and MRI scans etc. came home Friday afternoon. Sitting down is good, standing up and lying down is good - the bit getting between each of those states isn't good at all! I have an interestingly yellow and purple swollen stomach to show for it, and another ten days off work - which has I am on a fixed contract means there is no chance in hell of it being renewed at the end of December. Hey ho. On the good side - all those NSDs!!!0 -
Morning All!
Don't think I've ever posted in the morning on a weekend before! :rotfl:
OH and I were due to go and watch a Remembrance Parade this morning but woke up too late to go, we both slept through the alarm! So instead I'm currently watching the London parade on the TV, surrounded by books about the Battle of Britain. I plan to finish my essay today. I still have a lot to write but I've written more in less time before so fingers crossed it gets done today!
Other than that, we're not planning to do too much really. It's cold and raining outside so don't fancy going out in that, much too comfy snuggled up inside.
Will take a break from writing to cook dinner, planning on doing sausage and mash today with thick gravy. OH doesn't like a roast too often, whereas I could have one everyday! Strange chap!
;)
Need to do some washing and a bit of tidying up today, we've managed to let our room get into a bit of a mess, but I guess that's what happens when you fit all the contents of a two bedroom flat into two rooms! Essay comes first though so that can all wait if needs be!
Have a great Sunday all!0 -
Morning All
Very dull and overcast here today, I've cleaned the kitchen from last nights mess, and had a bath, OH is still sound asleep on bed snuggled up to the dog (!!) I'd quite like to dry my hair but don't want to wake them.
Going to see my mum today, will probably head over in little bit actually, so i can get home and settle in front of the telly of an afternoon of tea, reading and watching movies!
Going to try and plan an online shop for food next month. - luckily with it being december we will be going round to family meals quite a lot so should be able to get away with not buying so much. Realsied that we did a shop on the 25th of october and haven't had to do one since! just fresh bits, but no meat etc. so pretty pleased with that!
Going to boil a ham for snacking/ sarnies for the week, and attempt to make some bread (i hate kneading!)
Have a lovely day all!!Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
Debt payments 2012 £433.270 -
Good morning everyone. Not too bad a day here so I'm going to get my act together and go out for a walk in Epping Forest before polishing off my home made chicken rogan josh.
Like Squirmy, I also got up too late to achieve my aim of going to a remembrance service. I'm making up for it by listening to the Senotaph service on Radio 4.
Now we've been enlightened on Cheesy Nabs, I can unveil Lob Scows: It's a hearty broth that was a popular dinner in it's own right on the farms of North Wales before the advent of deep-freezers and microwaves.
Ingredients:
the quantity of meat and vegetables is set by the amount of the family.
a piece of salt beef / braising / stewing steak
onions
carrots
swedes
potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions:
Boil the meat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Finely chop the carrots, swede and onions before adding to the meat.
Simmer gently until the meat is almost tender.
Add the potatoes and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
The amount of vegetables included will determine the thickness of the lobscouse.Trying to take control of my home and belongings!0 -
morning....
Lovely day, raining, so OH and I can sort out pictures of our new grandson and order prints from photobox.
He proves life isnt too bad. Even if 11am showed there are still problems. Hope they are sorted out before he grows up.
God Bless our boys and girls in Afghanistan.They should always be in our thoughtsMSE is a religion and the Arms is its Temple:money:
:beer:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards