We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Old Style Daily Thread; Sunday 14 November

245

Comments

  • Morning All,


    (don't tell anyone but its dry here, we wouldn't want to jinx it) OH is off to work, but should only be a couple of hours as the floors are getting tiled today so he'll have nowhere to work. Kids are still making zeds, as is Coco - she has such a hard life :rotfl: I have bread proving and some scone mix waiting to be completed once the bread is done - Csarina put me in the mood yesterday. Actually my bread looks as if it is trying to escape from the tin, yikes! I have a pot of soup just about ready to go, carrot and coriander, my coriander and parsley plants are doing better in this weather than they did all summer :o

    Plan for the day is pretty much whatever OH wants to do, as its his first day "at home" in a good while. The boys are getting bikes for Christmas, so we really need to go and double check sizes before I buy them, I have my eye on a couple of different ones. DH bought DS2's other pressie yesterday, an IPod touch, I have been budgeting like mad for Christmas, and while he still believes in the big guy, I like it to be as special as possible. All DS1 wants is a pair of converse! I think the label thing might be kicking in now, :eek:

    So, have a good day all, hugs and happy wishes for you all, and the sick and worried too. Oh, Molly got out of hospital yesterday, she posted on Mooloo's thread at teatime.

    Jackie xxx

    Oops, I wanted to share this with you all this morning, it was on my homepage and made me smile.

    ADCC6693853BBC3C567BDA6CA2334D.jpg
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • NoahsPennilessMummy
    NoahsPennilessMummy Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 14 November 2010 at 9:28AM
    morning:D
    DS back today at 12 so have just put a loaf in BM ready for his lunch then will start on some rolls ready for packed lunches tomorrow. Have enjoyed spending some alone time with OH:love: but ready for my boy back now.

    We are not having collar of pork now today as still not sure how to cook it:think: so we are having slow roast brisket in ale.....DS will prob have sausages and yorkshires with the veg;)
    Got my mum and dad and OHs mum and dads presents wrapped last night so its a start.:santa2:
    Am hoping to have a snuggle with DS later and watch some Xmas films but he isnt always good with that.....keeps getting up and flapping and making noises but we shall see:rotfl:
    Hester lol:rotfl: well it was you who put the phrase a la Hester into everyday use;) and we all know why you have bruised knees so don`t be giving us any guff about falling on the path rushing to get your wool:whistle::p
    JackieO what a lovely couple of daughters you have:T
    BB when you surface will you PM me your brownie failsafe recipe please, am ready to tackle my brownie demons:p

    well off for another coffee then a shower...have a good day all

    JackieG great picture:D....you seem to have got your mojo back hon:T
  • Thanks NPM, I am definitely having more good days than bad just now :)
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning

    It's dry here too :j, more waqshing to tackle today. Sunday club at 10.30, bread is proving in the boiler cupboard, Steak for tea tonight didn't have it y'day.

    No-ones dressed yet and DS is running about shaking his bits everywhere :rotfl:.

    Need to iron today, in fact must iron today :o.

    NPM - I'll pm you
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 November 2010 at 9:46AM
    its remembrance Sunday poppy.jpg

    taking DD1 to work this morning , then will nip into a near by t3sco to pick up eggs that i forgot on friday

    WM is on
    pork stroganoff for lunch

    plan on defrosting the little freezer today, it will be a breeze compared to doing the big upright oneon friday

    (((hugs))) to those who need

    have a lovely sunday everyone
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Good morning

    Another one here with an ironing mountain to plough through today. Serves me right for not doing any in the week! This toy room also needs a good tidy. It looks like a bomb has gone off, and the kitten playing with her toy mousie this morning hasn't really helped.

    Grumpy's fish have had babies again, but I think one has died, so I have to remove that before he notices, oh joy! Chicken dinner tonight as that's one of the elf's favourites (and mine too), and lunch will be whatever I find time to make while I'm cleaning and tidying. Probably sandwiches or a toastie. The elf has discovered Harry Potter and wants to know if we can go and see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Howls". Love it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    Take care all of you
  • NPM I am indeed blessed with two smashing ladies for my DDs and have always said they were the best legacy my OH left when he passed away.In the past seven and a half years I have never had to cook myself a Sunday dinner, as my DD and her fantastic OH include me in it every week.We are a close-knit family and all the grandchildren are the same .I wouldn't swap them for all the tea in China.My eldest one fusses a bit at times but I know its because she worries about my health but she is a diamond really and would walk through fire for me bless her .I am a very lucky lady and always thank the big guy at night before I go to sleep.
  • Morning all

    It's a bit damp and grey here, not raining at this moment though.

    WM has been on once and the 2nd load is going in. I think I'm going to have to try and figure out how the TD works soon as some of my heavier stuff like jeans and hoodies aren't gonna dry indoors. I don't have radiators sadly, just storage heaters. I have however fashioned up a couple of small drying lines in the airing cupboard using bungees which will hold a few small items like teatowels or a top. quite proud of myself for doing that! :rotfl:

    Today will be a day of getting organised! I need to file away all my uni work and lots of other paperwork. I need to arrange stufff for my hols to Montreal (13 sleeps to go! :D) like getting to airport and what we are gonna do there! I need to take back my broken blender and look at getting a food processor - it will be a baby one, nothing like Csarina's behemoth!! :rotfl:

    Food will probably be whatever I find in the cupboards/freezer. Ideally I don't want to buy anything other than some cheese and fresh veg/fruit til I go away. I've got plenty of food here though so I won't starve. I fancy cheese and potato pie so may make that later.

    Have a good Sunday all

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-5350.aspx

    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-5039.aspx

    These are the 2 I am considering. It's only me here so I think the first one should be suitable. But I have no idea, any suggestions! I want to get from Tesco so I can double up my clubcard vouchers

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Well the second one will do grating, slicing, juicing etc, so you'll get more bang for your buck with that, the first one looks like a basic chop and puree machine.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.