Halifax say NO now Yes very confused

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
42 replies 4.7K views

Replies

• BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    udydudy wrote: »
    For existing current account customers(Not sure about existing credit card only customers) Halifax do not search the CRA for guaranteed offers. I have applied for halifax credit card and have not been searched as they had a limit already decided on my account(and a big one it was!!).

Thanks for your input, did you get your offer via phone banking? or a guaranteed offer via online banking?

Will know if and when card turns up:j
  • BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Just an update, got my agreement letter from Halifax today, it said once signed your card is on its way.
    There was a 2nd class prepaid envelope to send it back in, so probably won't get to them until Monday.
  • lol Bosie, mine came this am too! Just popped it back in the post box now!

udydudy - i have been a Halifax current account customer for 10 plus years, got the guaranteed offer, and they still searched me twice!
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    udydudy wrote: »
    For existing current account customers(Not sure about existing credit card only customers) Halifax do not search the CRA for guaranteed offers. I have applied for halifax credit card and have not been searched as they had a limit already decided on my account(and a big one it was!!).

Banks aint that trusting :D
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosie wrote: »
    Thanks stclair, of ALL the banks I've been in(been through a few) and had pre approved offers, Halifax have been most confusing:rotfl:

Just a thought have you just not long opened a current account with the halifax? that may be why they can possibly still see you credit report without registering another search. :D
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    stclair wrote: »
    Just a thought have you just not long opened a current account with the halifax? that may be why they can possibly still see you credit report without registering another search. :D

I've been with them 5 month's, but the offer with online banking, like the one brians daughter got, they still search even though it's supposed to be guaranteed:eek: Plus the cards they offered me were 2 different cards. I've taken up the Clarity Card, but the online offer was a 0% card and you could choose your colour, a Pink one LOL.

I may pop into my branch and ask them.
  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    After a couple of months of getting the 0% credit card promoted to me on internet banking, I applied for a clarity card (though I know it wasn't especially likely I would have gotten the main Halifax card, let alone clarity!)

Unsurprisingly I didn't get it, but now (a few weeks later) I have a part-time job which combined with other income would get around £12k a year. I know it's still not much, but it's more than I had at the time (about 2x more) so would it be worth calling them about it?
  • I have heard a few reports of halifax dropping back peoples limits on credit and putting them into further debt.
    Also, I had a pre-approved offer for a loan of 13%, which mysteriously jumped to 27.7% when I rang them to confirm,,
  • kilasuitkilasuit Forumite
    645 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    i received yesterday a credit agreement to sign

this is after being declined by them

on phone to them now to find out what the crack is.
  • kilasuitkilasuit Forumite
    645 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    apparently i have now got a card Cl £1000 @ 15.9% with 0% purchases 12months & 0% BTs 9 months
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News