Halifax say NO now Yes very confused

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bosie wrote: »
    oh what to do:eek:
    Read the T&Cs.

You'll see that the Clarity Card only has one interest rate for all transactions. It's the main reason it's called the Clarity Card. ;)
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I check my Halifax online banking every evening, just did a quick check a few mins ago and it now say's ''Approval Guaranteed'' for credit card! But must apply no later than November 13th 2010:jit's now the 15th..................

That offer definitely was not there as a ''guaranteed offer'' on or before the 13th?

Anyway, someone is supposed to be ringing me this evening from the credit card dept.
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    They won't. The Halifax are absolutely useless as a bank, and their credit card department is even more useless.

They run their card system on an AS400 1960's computer!
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    They won't. The Halifax are absolutely useless as a bank, and their credit card department is even more useless.

They run their card system on an AS400 1960's computer!

Nothing wrong with AS400, still earn a good living from looking after them :)
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Bosie wrote: »
    I check my Halifax online banking every evening, just did a quick check a few mins ago and it now say's ''Approval Guaranteed'' for credit card! But must apply no later than November 13th 2010:jit's now the 15th..................

That offer definitely was not there as a ''guaranteed offer'' on or before the 13th?

Anyway, someone is supposed to be ringing me this evening from the credit card dept.
    I got this message this am, infact i have just startd a thread about it! I applied this morning and got a banner stating 'pre approved, guaranteed acceptance if apply by x date'. I clicked to apply and got a message saying my application had been accepted with an approx limit will be £2800.

Just waiting to see if it actually turns up now lol
  • Bosie
    I got this message this am, infact i have just startd a thread about it! I applied this morning and got a banner stating 'pre approved, guaranteed acceptance if apply by x date'. I clicked to apply and got a message saying my application had been accepted with an approx limit will be £2800.

Just waiting to see if it actually turns up now lol

Thanks Brians daughter what date did it have to apply by? Mine was November 13th!!!!
  • yep, mine said the 13th but it wasnt there yesterday when i logged in to make a bank trans, i rang this morning and was told if the offer was there then apply if i wnated to take advantage as it would prob disappear after today... dunno how true this is or if its just a sales ploy?

I do find it very strange TBH as in the past month i have had 3 searches...and they refused me for a student account last year. But i thought why not, as it would come in very handy to get rid of my silly APR one that an emergency has just forced me to spend on and if i get refused i wouldnt be applying for anything else for at least 9-12 months anyway.

Apply and see what they say lol, do let us know, and i will update as and when i get the card/a refusal through the post. :)
  • Bosie, replied on my thread, but just incase you miss it just checked and they have searched me today..infact i have 2 searches on there from today from them?? Strange....Gowon, apply lol
  • Bosie
    Bosie, replied on my thread, but just incase you miss it just checked and they have searched me today..infact i have 2 searches on there from today from them?? Strange....Gowon, apply lol

Well, last week I applied as mentioned not approved at that time?????
    I too had 2 searches on with Experian, I contacted Experian by email and they removed one of the searches.
    It's rather odd, I don't understand why they still do a CR check if approved. They are supposed to be ringing me tonight at 6.30, will wait and see if they phone and ask a few questions:(
  • Bosie
    PS Just checked online banking and the offer date has gone to 10th December.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure