Halifax say NO now Yes very confused

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
42 replies 4.7K views

Replies

• Hum...ask them why do they do 2 searches lol :) Good luck when they ring, let us know what they say!
  • edited 15 November 2010 at 11:12PM
    BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    edited 15 November 2010 at 11:12PM
    Hum...ask them why do they do 2 searches lol :) Good luck when they ring, let us know what they say!

Well, spoke to them on the phone (30 mins) I was accepted without a credit search? she said the phone offer was slightly different to the online banking offer.

My interest rate is 17.9%, and a £2000 limit, said documents would come out to sign. Told them about Vanquis, she spoke to another dept to see if they could do a balance transfer and it was blocked by Vanquis:mad:

So she said I could use the atm as there is no charges to deposit in my bank account and then pay them that way.

Thankfully don't owe Vanquis that much, but want to cancel it down and just be mainstream.....
  • kilasuitkilasuit Forumite
    645 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    just come off the phone to a CSA from halifax telephone banking and he said it is 97% guaranteed.

So 3 in 100 wont get this offer approved.
  • BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    what I also find strange, the phone offer with Halifax is a different one to the ''guaranteed'' offer on my online banking? I've taken up the clarity card, because I travel to Europe a few times.

The online offer offered a 0% balance transfer, but I think the Clarity card is more suited. But why 2 different approved offers:j
  • kilasuitkilasuit Forumite
    645 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well i proved this isnt a Guarenteed Acceptance as have been declined.

Gonna give the underwriter some hell on phone 2moro as i really cant see that their min of £500 is too much of a risk tbh.
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought people would have learnt by now all these pre approved and Guaranteed Acceptance dont exist.

Nine times out of ten the bank still consult the CRAs for information.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    stclair wrote: »
    I thought people would have learnt by now all these pre approved and Guaranteed Acceptance dont exist.

Well last night on the phone to card services, she said for this application no credit search will be done. I had to confirm Halifax was my main bank etc, and she said the paperwork would be sent out.

But more confusing, I had a totally different offer, it said to do it by December 10th if using online banking? The phone offer was either a Clarity Card or a charity card. Where as the online offer was a 0% deal and I could choose the colour of the card!

But I am very confused to be honest by them.

Back in the 1990's I got pre-approved offers from HSBC and Barclay's and no searches were ever done, just on my internal ratings.
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosie wrote: »
    Well last night on the phone to card services, she said for this application no credit search will be done. I had to confirm Halifax was my main bank etc, and she said the paperwork would be sent out.

But more confusing, I had a totally different offer, it said to do it by December 10th if using online banking? The phone offer was either a Clarity Card or a charity card. Where as the online offer was a 0% deal and I could choose the colour of the card!

But I am very confused to be honest by them.

Back in the 1990's I got pre-approved offers from HSBC and Barclay's and no searches were ever done, just on my internal ratings.

Yeah it sounds very confusing Ill ask my ex he works for halifax.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • BosieBosie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Yeah it sounds very confusing Ill ask my ex he works for halifax.

Thanks stclair, of ALL the banks I've been in(been through a few) and had pre approved offers, Halifax have been most confusing:rotfl:
  • udydudyudydudy Forumite
    559 Posts

For existing current account customers(Not sure about existing credit card only customers) Halifax do not search the CRA for guaranteed offers. I have applied for halifax credit card and have not been searched as they had a limit already decided on my account(and a big one it was!!).
    :beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides