We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Daily Thread Friday 12 November 2010

1235»

Comments

  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    v8monkeyboy - that sounds like a really positive interview - fingers crossed for you!

    DH has gone for a liedown before tea. DS2 is about to go off to a friends for the night and i'm waiting for DS1 to arrive!

    This afternoon I've done the ironing and washing is on the airer as its now raining. I've also stewed a big bag of apples for the freezer(freebies)plus cleaned out the ferret!

    Later we've got to go to the dairy to put DHs load ready then walk the dogs.

    have a lovely evening all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i do like this time of friday evening--the all request show is on radio 2 and i can here what everyone is up to back in the uk--bit like on here! its 7,15pm here and 5,15pm where you are--i used to drink a few beers of a friday evening as an echo of my single life back in the uk--i do miss drink a little!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Afternoon all
    Oooh, Tommy Steel, I saw him at the Tooting Odeon when I was about 10, he was my first crush!
    I'm so glad it's Friday, I'm going to blitz the kitchen tonight, so tomorrows knitting will only need to be interrupted to do the washing.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Hugs Hester

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Evening all

    I had a good day in work - the 3 horrid kids weren't in so that helped! :o. We spent the morning finishing off their education files for this week, then went to the seaside for the afternoon. It was peeing down with rain and windy :rotfl: but we still had fun :D. We played in the arcade, had chips and just had fun. They all go on work placements for 2 weeks Mon-Thurs so I get some peace and quiet for awhile _party_:dance: but it's never that easy!

    I think my car is very poorly :( I haven't had time to ring the garage yet so will try and get it looked at next week. I don't know how I can afford a new one though. Well I can just, but I will have to be extremely careful with the purse strings for the next year :(

    OS wise - DW has been on, need to decide on what to have for dinner, will prep WM ready for tomorrow.

    Have a good evening all

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    V8 - glad your interview went well.

    I'm not sure how i feel about mine, it was a very laid back company, but i don't think i sold myself very well, i thought i understood how the company worked - then we had a presentation and i just got so confused!! I shall find out on Monday - fingers crossed, looked like a good team to work for.

    I have another interview through for Friday which is promising - atleast i'm getting interviews. I've given myself a deadline of December 1st to get another job lined up otherwise i don't know what we'll do for money.

    I have a guy coming round at 7 to go through delivering christmas cataloges (SP) i'm sure it'll be a commission only based thing, but i figure it's something to do with my day - i'll be on foot so no money spent on it and who knows - it's coming up to christmas so people might be more inclined to purchase. I will find out exactly what they are and if any one is interested i can always send you one.

    Just had to pop the heating on because it's like an ice house in here and won't be terribly inviting for guests!

    Oh, and my dad called earlier, he wants to organise a celebration dinner thing for OH and I to celebrate the engagement which i thought was nice of him.


    I'm not drinking tonight so will probably be lurking later!

    Speak soon all!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i gave in to my youth and went to the local corner shops for a couple of beers--1,63 for a bottle of beer--criminal because when i came here it was 0,63p -folks that is what the devaluation of the pound means! it is showing up in the fuel prices and anything that is imported!--sorry for bringing the grocery prices into friday nights fun!!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Dazi
    Dazi Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    evening everyone

    get well wishes for all the poorlies, espec. Molly and EG
    good luck wishes for all those who have had interviews

    Not posted for the last couple of days as I seem to go into a bit of a depression after visiting my family, didn't want to bore you all with it :D

    Made a load of soup last night and took some for work today, have to say each vat I make seems to improve, was lovely.

    Not done a lot today, was very busy at work and worked over, I don't really cook on a Friday night its just grab whats there. I had egg on crumpet and OH who didn't get in till 8 had cheese on toast.
    He has now had to dash out to take DSD out, she is staying at a mates overnight then on to us tomorrow, well OH is working and if I want to go up town I will not be sitting in waiting! My weekend is precious, when you work 40 hrs a week its the only time time to browse, I get half hour lunch, but that can be taken up in one shop!

    Going to do a blitz early tomorrow, what with being away last weekend, although I have done stuff during the week I feel the need for an intensive couple of hours getting things sorted. Then the rest of the day is mine :D up town for the said browse, library and hopefully a bit of card making. I also want to start making my sweetie christmas trees, incase they turn out carp and I need to re-think :rotfl:

    Thanks for those who are remembering my mum; she finally has an appointment back at hosp on Monday, we thought this would be for tests to find out whats going on....wrong! they are going to take catheter out and see if she can wee normally, if not, they will put it back in. Luckily my DSIS is taking her so we can hopefully find out why they think this is acceptable?

    Enjoy the rest of your evening, cyas soon xx
    whoever said laughter was the best medicine has clearly never tasted wine

    Stopped smoking 20:30 28/09/11 :D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite

    Redruby great news that your dad is coming back to his own home. Sorry that "your dad" seems to be slipping away from you. It must be so difficult. Do be gentle with yourself love and remember to care for yourself whilst you are trying to look after your parents. A friend of mine in a similar situation found this book helpful.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alzheimers-Sourcebook-Caregivers-Practical-Sourcebooks/dp/0737301317/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1289554337&sr=8-4#noop



    Huge thanks to you for thinking of me when you are having such a hard time yourself, will have a look at the book tomorrow, I hope you manage to get Noah some help, big hugs my darling xx

    And thanks to everyone else too xx

    Dazi, hugs to you too, hope your dear mum starts to feel better soon xx

    Molly and essex girl, hope you both start to feel better soon xx

    de1amo :beer: cheers hun I shall join you with a V + T xx

    tigzem hello and welcome xx

    Good luck to all those with interviews xx

    OK better get on, need a drinkie :D
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Dazi - (((Hugs))) hope your Mum's appointment goes well on Monday and that they sort her out finally x

    Redruby - enjoy your drinkie! ;)
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Good evening all, and welcome to any newbies I may have missed . Rotten night at the moment wet'n'windy still I am hoping for a sunny day tomorrow. Uni first thing in the morning then off to the Blackheath 'meet'.I did pop into Argos and pick up my cookworks pressie that I treated myself to, an new electric slicer which I bet my son-in law will have his eye on.He does Sunday dinner every week for us and DD always carves the meat and he always says she cuts it too thick I may take it round to show them on Sunday afternoon.
    Had a lovely afternoon with fellow history buffs at my tutors home.The local adult ed had doubled the fees for our history friday afternoon class and our tutor said it was far too much to expect pensioners to find ( from £60.00 to £120.00) so we all met around at the tutors house .She wouldn't take any payment at all as it would mean she would have to get insurance, so we all sorted out £2.00 each for the tea and bikkies (there are 8-10 of us in the class)and we insisted she take that.We had a great time and we all seemed to enjoy it.We have been meeting at this Friday afternoon class for about 6 years and we all know each other quite well.The topics today ranged from Ethelred the Unready to the mid 19th century religious factions, to whether Bill Clinton lied to congress.We seem to flit from topic to topic but we do have a lot of fun and many laughs.Right I'm just about to have a cuppa and toddle of to bed as there's not much I fancy on the t.v.
    Hope everyone has a peaceful night, I feel so sorry for that poor Mum in Yorkshire who has lost her three little ones in the fire. what an awful thing to happen to anyone ,she is critical in Scarborough Hospital I believe.How could anyone get over that sort of tragedy beggers belief.God give her strength poor soul
    JackieO x
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.