We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Daily Thread Friday 12 November 2010

124

Comments

  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    adelight - The receipes are REALLY good, big macs at the w/end i'll let you know ;)

    We're not having kfc now as dh decided to show his wrokmates the book, and left it there lastnight.

    I bagged 4 bags odf the lidls bread fl on weds :T.

    Done the cs, grabbed washing in before it rained woohoo:T.

    Bread is proving but i forgot to put the butter in :o lets hope its ok. As i reefuse to buy bread this week so thats all we have :o

    Now sitting down with coffee and jezza kyle :p

    Oh i forgot, DH is doning his work exp on "Waitrose " estate, he bought home a carrier full of mushrooms for 50p. Shall be making soup tomorrow;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Quite a heavy breeze here so decided to wash towels, its raining, had to run out and get them in, still they have had a blow.

    Cleaned out the wood stove this morning could not believe the bed of ash that had built up, its in our metal dustbin cooling off, we will dig it into the beg garden in the spring, have replaced the grate and lit the stove with coal, just to see how it burns......have a flat bottomed kettle on the top of the stove half full of water, want to see if it will boil to make tea. yesterday I put a full kettle on, it took most of the evening to get really hot, so guess if I start a casserole off on the hob I could trewnsfar it to the top of the woodburner to simmer away all day. Will have to give it a whirl.

    OH went for is walk this morning, he is walking a little further each day, in bed having a rest now.....will wake himlater with tea and cake.

    Not used the new baby yet, the Friday clean seemed to take me ages today, so I am postponing things to tomorrow when life should be a little less hectic. I got a book out of the library, Mary Berry's simple cakes, there is a recipe in there for a chocolate and vanilla marble cake made in a 2lb loaf tin, I have to have a go at that!! also need some scones for the freezer, great if someone pops in, I can take them out and warm then slightly in the combi, split and butter them, fresh baked???? of course!! Well they were when they went in the freezer!!
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • just for you wmf ....enjoy scrooge tonight;)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kegSOr2FRlo&feature=fvsr
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    good wishes and sympathies to everyone in need today!
    İ feel crap due to a lingering heavy cold. i have a continual headache despite regular nurofen. i have had this for about 13 days now and it is getting me down! The place i live has weather not dissimular from a desert and i work with lots of sneezing kids. Everyone at the school has some version of the same malady so here's looking forward to the longest and hardest day of work for us-Saturday.
    Thankfully tomorrow is the last day before a 12 day holiday. i think they call it eid in the muslim calender and its akin to the xmas break. The kids get a holiday which means i am off but the rest of the country work most of it. Hopefully the weather will improve because today is wet despite not being particularly cold. i think my sinuses are being pressured by the closeness on reflection. İ could just drink a hot lemsip but will have to wait Mrs de to see what medicinal alternatives she has hidden away.
    İ didnt go to the gym despite my 'promise' yesterday. İ am on a reduced callorie diet in my life and i am not sure it is helping with my wellbeing. i am trying to keep to about 1200 to 1400 callories a day to keep a steady weight of 11 4 --bmi 23,3. The gym is really superflous but i like to feel i am keeping fit--while i feel so ill!!!--anyway good evening to you all and have a great weekend whatever your up to!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Well I have been a lazy sausage all day and watched movies :o I have just read on Mooloo's thread that Molly41 has managed to get ahospital bed, and is (or was this morning) waiting for them to decide if she was getting a blood transfusion. So hugs and good wishes for Molly too, and hopefully EssexGirl is picking up now. xxx
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Hi all,

    This is the 1st time I've posted here, but I could def do with some OS tips, money is quite tight at the mo and I wish I could get more motivated with meals. I just never seem to know what to cook. I like (and miss) proper HM meals, pies, stews, etc. The other problem is my DD is very fussy with meals, won't eat veg so I don't buy it :(

    I need a good kick up the bottom !

    I have a breadmaker but it hasn't come out of the cupboard for months, I have a slow cooker which is gathering dust. I'll keep reading looking for idea.

    Tigz x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    headache has lifted. its still raining but tomorrows forcast is for sunshine and warm.

    İ forgot to mention earlier that last night we had quite a strong earthquake --4,9, it was the first one i have ever felt and made me feel quite sick with fright.--apparently there were 9 quite sizable tremors during the day but i am not the most sensitive of people!!--the 1 at10,10pm i felt!!--my wife says the place is on the move but she doesnt seem too concerned--i will cross examine her later!!--if i am still alive tomorrow -catch you then!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • Hello everybody! :)

    Just popped on to share my amazing interview experience! I didn't want to go at all, and when I got there was so freaked out I nearly went home!

    However, the people at the hospital were sooo lovely, and for a change there were only 2 interviewers; a man and a woman. From the get-go they were so laid back and chatty, it was lovely.

    And! Halfway through the interview, the lady said 'I really like you, I could work well with you!' I couldn't believe it :D Also, I was able to answer two questions that none of the other candidates had been able to, which the interviewers told me there and then had really impressed them.

    So, it's now a waiting game, as they're going to call me next week if I'm succesful. I have to say that's it's the nicest interview experience I've had so far, because the people interviewing were normal with me and allowed me to give some of myself in the questions, and relay back my experiences!

    Anyway, just wanted to share :) Am off now to do some shopping, then maybe I'll have a small glass of wine to relax after some stressful weeks....

    Hugs to all that needs them.

    Tracy xx
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    squirmy (((hugs)))
    molly (((hugs)))

    i have spent 4 hours defrosting the upright freezer , I have been squeezed into the cupboard under the stairs chipping away at the ice which seemed to be inches deep :o anyhow its done and i am tired , wet and cold but really pleased to have finished :A

    DD2's saxaphone teacher is coming in a minute then after shes gone we are having chicken korma , rice and naan bread , none of its HM i'm afraid but it was all halfprice in mr T
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    its good to hear some good news about employers in the uk--people in caring jobs being human is reassuring-there is some hope in this life!!
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.