We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Daily Thread Friday 12 November 2010
Comments
-
does anyone have any good ideas for storing plastic tubs? i have loads of different shapes and sizes and they tumble out of the cupboard when i open it and i can never find the right lid for the right tub

I think if you solve that you're onto a fortune sistercas!:p:DIt's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
Morning all
Bright and sunny but chilly and a little less windy. Had resonably productive day yesterday, just baking/cooking left to do and some ironing, will also change the beds later.
Shortly I'll be visiting the bank, the scales and then doing the food shopping. This weekend will be busy but quiet, DH working tomorrow morning, so may get chance to wrap the X**s prezzies that I still haven't done! Cooking will be sweet treats etc for pack-ups and need to think of something for dinner tonight, not sure what that will be.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
nmlcWEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB0 -
Good Morning everyone- hugs and thoughts to everyone in need of them.
We had a bit of a wild night here, but no apparent damage. The sun is beginning to come out. Garden tiger is fed and outside, the DW is filled and cogitating and I've cleaned out the fridge.
I've made a vat of broccoli soup, and there's a whoopsied poussin chugging away with stock and vegeatables. I spent most of yesterday in bed, thanks to a foul cold bug, so I've got a load of stuff to do today.
Tonight's tea is at our local curry house with a load of DH's colleagues.
Of to wake DH - he's not due in the office until 10 so I try to let him sleep in when poss.
Have great day everyone.Surviving the ups and downs of life with DH
RIP Garden Tiger January 2007 - May 2022
Weight loss 20.5/124lbs
MF since 12/18
Fashion on the Ration 2022 53/66 coupons remaining
2022 Decluttering challenge 300/2022 items banished
0 -
Bitsy - Boo sounds as if she is distressed, have your parents been back to the vets with her. Dogs usually hide pain really well so maybe suggest taking her to another vet for a second opinion? Hope that she improves soon

She slept slightly better last night, she's on diazapam, rimadil (for arthritis) for pain relief and anti stress tablets. I do wonder whether she's just cracked. My parents are going to see how she does on the course of anti stress and take it from there.bargainbird wrote: »Have made 8 mcmuffins for everyone and for dh to take for his workmate;).
And where's mine?
Morning my lovelies
DD being a real whingebag today. DS is better but had a wee bit of tea last night and was complaining of tummy ache so am not sending him to school today. No doubt he'll be bouncing off the walls :cool:
So not sure what I'll be doing today, probably mostly keeping the kids from bickering (a sure sign that DS is feeling better :cool:)
Haven't even decided on tea either
Has been windy but there are still loads of ruddy leaves left on the oak trees
Can't they just get on with it and drop already so i can finally pick them up rather in dribs and drabs?!!!
sistercas - I have no suggestions as I have to routinely sort out my tupperware cupboard :eek:
jackieg - Enjoy your new toy
Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
Morning all.......................((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.
A bright morning, but still very blustery, thats what comes of living near the coast......hopefully will not have to light the stove till later. I tried a flat bottomed kettle on it yesterday, did not manage to get the water to boil but it did get very hot. It would be fine for cooking a casserole once it was started iyswim.
OH still alseep porridge is on, will go through with his juice in a mo. I was so stiff and sore yesterday after my carousel moving, I took pain killers when I went to bed, stiffness gone this morning and I slept ok, just woke once just after 3am.
Friday cleab, so will be filling the steamer and getting it going shortly, no signs of little furry creature this morning, need to see about a trap.
Right time for brekkie.....back later.Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
Morning all
Still blowy here but thankfully it is dry.
Think DH wants to go to B&Q when he gets home so I may potter along.
Must order new batteries for my Mobility scooter and make an appointment with the optician and the dentist :eek: Could do without the expense before Christmas. (6 weeks away on Saturday :eek:) Luckily I am more or less sorted so I am happy with that.:)
redruby.Glad to hear that your dad is coming home; hopefully he may buck up. ((((Hugs to you and your Mum))))
sistercass... I keep mine in a box in the larder if that helps
jackieg..... Enjoy playing with your kenny :rotfl:
DH wants soup night tonight so I will do a nice curried parsnip and apple with some HM bread - just the thing for a blustery day
Well offski to getb ready
Have good days all xBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0 -
Bitsy - there is a spare ds dosen't eat them, i'll dhl it;)
Sc - I keep mine in bags all bottoms and lids about 6 in each bag;)
havechanged our bed and hoovered, hoovered hall and Fr, hung out 1st load, another in machine.
will nip to CS to drop off book and clothes
Had a weird moment y'day went to mr s's for gloves for DD2 anyway i remember paying £2, taking my nectar card back but no gloves or reciept:o, went back later they said they couldn't find them so bought somemore
.
DD2 not at school again today, i think she has hit a block wall of tiredness since starting school, apart from 7 o'clock bedtime, vita mins i don't know what else to do...
Anyway must go Ds and DD2 are rucking
You know your getting old when yougo to the pub sit outsideand admire the hanging basket :cool:
Is officially 48% tight
0 -
morning all!
very blustery here but sunny so should get the washing dry this morning!:T
Off into town later for a coffee with Mum and sister.
This afternoon DS1 is coming and stopping the weekend:j its been weeks since we've seen him so am looking forward to it - he's skint as usual so I'll be feeding him up and spoilking him a bit.:)
I'm not getting excited about Christmas as I'm working christmas day and boxing day:( got no choice as unfortunately its part of my job - I've been there over 7 years and never had to do the big day itself before although I've worked many a boxing day. I'm hoping they manage to shorten the shifts a bit so I can spend some of it at home. On the plus side I'm off all new year:T
(((hugs))) to Molly, Essex girl, Boo the dog,NPM, Dazi, Redruby's family and everyone else in need x
JackieG - have fun today with your Kenwood x
OS today - just pottering about and doing a few jobs - decluttering plus have got a big bag of apples to cook and turn into something.
have a great day all xDo what you love :happyhear0 -
bargain bird, i wish i could replicate a big mac for OH but I know it just wouldn't be the same to him because there's no wrapper. Are the recipes in the takeaway book still fairly unhealthy?
sistercas, store them stacked like russian dolls and with lids on? If they're from a set or the same range they should nest quite nicely.
Bit chilly here, I'm attempting chocolate orange porridge again, but with more rind this time. I'd love an egg and soldiers but i'm out of eggs. Me and my greasy bonce(bun time!) are off to uni for a test at 11, then home to do yet more uni work! I'd like to go hunt down soil and seeds and start my indoor spinach farming but I know the important things have to be done first
Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0 -
Morning all!
Good luck with your test Adelight
Glad your dad is getting home redruby. Hopefully he will pick up once he's home but I know how difficult it is for you.
Bitsy - my last doggie was on Rimadyl for arthritis. Hoping the other 2 meds help ease her distress.
Csarina - glad that DH is getting better. This will give you more time for new addition!
For those with tired and and unwell children, when mine were wee a friend recommended a herbal tonic from the health shop - it's called Floradix (and is brown!!) or is it maybe Kindervital as that might be the children's one. Anyway, it will be nearly £10 a bottle now but I remember waaaay back that it was (then) the only one that had benefits when trialled on Which? This, of course, is not medical advice from me, just passing on what seemed to give my kids a pick me up during long school terms and lots of interaction with bugs! I buy the Floradix for adults now and again if i have had a few colds/ stomach bugs.
dh started very early today so I ran him to work and then came home, read a bit of MSE and then went back to bed at 5.15am. Slept until after 8. Bliss.
Lovely and sunny here although the ground is wet so we've obviously had a bit of rain (now there's a change!!)
Last night's tea was corned beef hash so might have that again tonight or maybe save it for tomorrow as we are off to the rugby and it's a 5pm kick-off so will be COLD! It would be nice to have something hot and easy to sort out before we go.
Spare bed needs stripping and washing. Need to hoover everywhere. Firstly, though, dogs need out so i am off for a nice blowy walk round the park.
Take care all and have a good Friday.
W
ps forgot to say we are off to the theatre tonight to see Tommy Steele in Scrooge - yippee - I feel a song coming on:dance:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards