We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old Style Daily Thread Thursday 11th November 2010
Comments
-
Congratulations bramble1 and comiserations about your job I do hope you get something soon.My DD is loving her new job, and is so glad she changed, although for awhile she was worried that she had done the right thing.I knew she would be O.K. when she phoned me up on the first day and said 'guess what Mum I have got a dinner hour' .Something she always had to work through before.I saw the lollipop man this morning and he said he had reported those awful children and apparently some of the other Mum s had reported the problem as well so hopefully something will be done.
NSD today as I have enough in the cupboards to see me over the week-end until at least Monday before I need fresh veg. I found a nice piece of rib-eye steak in the freezer and that is what I have got for dinner tonight with veg and banana custard for pud.
cake tins a bit fuller this evening and DGS will be a happy boy when he stcks his head around the door on the way home. History class tomorrow afternoon I am hoping the weather cheers up a bit.I managed to get all the iroing done this afternoon as well whilst watching 'Downton'on catch-up t.v.Shame its finished and I look forward to seeing the second series.Tonight after dinner its feet up and a bit of t.v. and some knitting.Just put the heating on as its a bit on the chilly side and very wet'n'windy.
Hope everyone has a good night
Cheers JackieO0 -
i dont know why but i couldnt pick the thread up yesterday.i searched but to know avail!!
İt sounds like youve all been busy on your rememberance days. A sad fact we remember even more each year.
Weather there sounds foul so i hope your all home and tucked up in the dry. İts mild, dry and dark here.The local time is 6,50pm- it has been a sunny day with a breeze and max temp about 21 it cools down a lot in the evening and everyone suffers heavy colds consequentialy.
i went back to the dentist for another root around in my canal! i am getting quite used to the scrapping with ocassional stabs on my sore nerve. He has put another temporary filling in and will see me again on Monday. Gives me something to look forward to! i do look like a one sided Gordon Golfer with the swelling but i dont have any residual pain.
i have a yearning to get back in the gym tomorrow. İ have been avoiding it for a couple of weeks now with lame excuses but i have run out now! it's time to bite the bullet and get back on the treadmill of life. So if your reading my afternoon report tomorrow and i havent made the gym you have all the right to be harsh towards me-i will take it personally!!--right enjoy your evening and and keep warm.mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0 -

The new baby...... not used it yet, might tomorrow when we have finished the chocolate cake.
Wow:beer::beer::beer:
Looks good i hope that you have great fun and many years good use out of your new toy.
Have fun:j:j:jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j0 -
Evening everyone
We had the two minute silence in Asda and it was nice to see that everyone stood in respect for those who have fallen.
My Great Uncle Tom was 17 when he was killed at Mametz in 1916 ( Someone sent him a white feather thinking he was older than he was because he was very tall so he lied about his age and signed up with the London Irish Rifles) he was killed 2 months later.
Spent a lot today but it was on a lot of things for Christmas - I am nearly ready just a MIL and FIL pressies to get and the fresh stuff so I am starting to relax a little.
adelight....... Congratulations on your engagement:grinheart, sorry to hear about the job though and I am sending positive vibes for you tomorrow x
csarina....glad the baby arrived safe and sound:rotfl:enjoy yourself this weekend x
Well I am going to get washed up so take care all xBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0 -
Evening all
Lest we forget....
Bramble - congrats on the engagement!!! bummer bout the job, good luck for interviews.
Molly and Essexgirl - hope you are better soon
Csarina - OMG it's massive!!!
Well I had a slightly different day to normal. Yesterday one of the manager's in work had a nasty car accident, which thankfully he walked away from with just a few bruises. My boss rung me this morning at 8am to ask if I could cover this colleague's important event today. I said ok. I ended up having to go to West Wales to Bluestone (which is like Center Parks) where his staff and the young people were having a presentation to the MOD about their programme. I had to smooze with MOD staff and talk up the programme (which I only know the bare bones of!). It went better than I thought it would, I liked playing boss for the day :rotfl: and got to talk to some cute soldiers
and a free lunch.
The weather here has been horrific. On my drive to W Wales (1hr10!) it was pouring down and windy. It improved for my journey back. However now it is blowing a gale, about 45-50mph according to the BBC. My minibus was swaying in the wind whilst I was driving it :eek: this is a 4tonne bus!! And I got blown straight off my feet when I got back to my flat! :rotfl: I do live right by the sea though. The flat is shaking
I've been out for dinner with the girls tonight for a catch up, we went to Ask as there was a 50% voucher on net. But gotta say I wasn't too impressed with their pizzas, Pizza Express is better.
I'm off to cwtch on sofa and try to hear the tv over the wind
Have a good evening all
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Me again.
I just had a text on my work phone from one of the young people I worked with in the summer. (She was on the team that I took over for last 4 weeks cos the team leader decided to quit). She is a fab young lady who was mature for her age. She really wants to be a youth worker. I put her forward to be a Young Ambassador for our charity, and she text me to say she has been accepted and has just had the initial training which she loved
Made me feel gooey inside :A :rotfl:
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Sorry to ask Butterfly Brain,are you having your knees replaced due to arthritis?0
-
Wimbledonpark wrote: »Sorry to ask Butterfly Brain,are you having your knees replaced due to arthritis?
Yes osteoarthritis in both knees - the right is worse than the left and needs a full knee replacementBlessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
Not Buying it 2015!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards