We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old Style Daily Thread Thursday 11th November 2010
Comments
-
Morning all................(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.....
Today we remember all those who gave their lives and continue to give their lives that this wordl mgiht have peace.......
A dull and very windy morning, its almost 8.45 and hardly light. Think the stove will be lit shortly, there is a distinctive chilly feel in the sitting room just now.
Checked on Amazon last night and the new babay has been despatched for delivery today, so OH will have to be up and showered before I set off for Aldi....it has to be signed for. Cue massive baking day over the weekend???
OH continues to improve, he walked quite a bit yesterday, still having a rest after lunch, and not getting up until around 10am, but vasdtly better than he was this time last week. The ladies in the library were pleased to see him looking better.
Thats it for now, back later.Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
Morning my lovelies

Shall be attempting with the kids to observe the silence at 11am.
DS is off school today, he's not eaten anything but at least has kept water down since 9pm last night. Feeling very sorry for himself which I shall indulge him with as it's very rare he's like this.
Boo Bear isn't doing so well. She's got no strength in her back legs and is constantly crying. It's like she's had a mental breakdown. My parents had to sleep on the sofa next to her in shifts last night. My mum broke down on the phone this morning, mixture of guilt and upset at how Boo has failed to cope with what was a 15 min procedure. I just hope over the next few days she stops crying as I could hear her over the phone and it was awful
Not much OS I suspect today with the kids. I made my first attempt at onion chutney yesterday. Only did half the recipe and it made two large jars so giving one to my mum aswell. Hope it tastes nice by the time Christmas rolls around.
Made some home made cajun sauce last night for tea. I normally buy the Discovery jars (the only pre made sauce I do buy in my defence) but it's £1.84 and I thought I could do that myself. So mixed natural yoghurt (Sainsbury's Basics), tom puree and cajun seasoning and it was delish :T Really nice and creamy without the actual cream (which H won't eat). So no longer will I be spending nearly £2 on a jar
Weather wet and windy so rather glad we've not got to go anywhere.
JackieG - Well done on getting your hair dyed. Baby steps :T Happy birthday to your neices.
Essex Girl - hope your feeling better soon my lovely and are home asap xx
Molly - Hope your home soon xx
NPM - Hugs for you and Noah. DS's specialist inclusion teacher told me about two sibilings who were masking at school, so well in fact the school didn't believe they had any additional needs but the poor mum bore the brunt of it when they got home. I hope they can give you some support to help you all xx
Sorry if I've missed anyone.
Thinking of all the men and women, in the service and civillians too who've been affected by war. I watched a programme the other night that said soldiers were still being sent into battle in the hours leading up to the Armistice at 11am. Was such a total waste of life
On that sombre note hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
morning!
2 days off :j:j
Today Mum is doing her bit as she is a British Legion Standard Bearer and is getting togged up to stand in town and observe the 2 mins silence. She has always worked really hard for the Legion and has been our local Poppy appeal organiser for years now:T I've got my poppy on and shall remember all those who fought for us and their families.
My own Grandad was at Dunkirk and Burma but luckily came home although my Mum was about 4 before she ever saw her Dad - she tells a story about her and her cousin whose fathers were both away fighting and they came back together and the girls didn't know which one was their Daddy.
(((hugs))) to Molly and Essex girl - hope you're both soon on the men
NPM - (((hugs))) hope Noah gets some help and support from the Autism team.
Plans for today are to pick DS2 up from his girlfriends then later take him to work. I'll do some shopping at Morrisons while I'm there.
Got to iron his workshirt too.
Fancy some chips for tea - not sure what with yet.
Wet here today so washing will be hung indoors.
take care all xDo what you love :happyhear0 -
'At the going down of the sun,and in the morning,we will remember them'
My dear departed Gran lost two brothers in the first world war-she had five brothers and they all served.I have an old postcard with photos of them in their uniforms and their mother-very poignant,what that woman must have gone through doesn't bear thinking about.The worst thing is lives are still being lost.
-Molly,that poor woman-I can't see how you would get over that.
I hope you get a hospital bed soon.(((Hugs)))
Bitsy- glad DS seems a bit better.(((Hugs for Boo)))
Essex girl- get well soon.
Jackie- glad you look like a new woman
,hope you feel like one soon too.x
NPM- glad you've sorted your music,though I'll miss listening.Hope DS gets some help soon,bless him.
Tea is something with mince,not decided yet,but got quite a busy rest of the day,DNiece is coming for a brew and a catchup.She is about 4 months pregnant now so no doubt babies will be on the agenda.Then I have to go and buy little nieces birthday present,and deliver it,and visit Auntie in hospital-she's 85 tomorrow.The ward has been shut to visitors for nearly 2 weeks due to d& v bug.
Better get a move on then.Take care everyone xxx:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)0 -
Good morning all.
Although I don't (to my knowledge) have anyone who was directly involved, I shall still be observing 2 minutes silence at 11:00, as a mark of respect for all those brave souls who trod the path to the Summerlands before they should have.
I shall also be sending healing vibes to the animals, children and other loved ones, and indeed OSers themselves, who are poorly just now.
As I'm essentially an animal person, special vibes for Bitsy's parents' Boo Bear, and Redruby's Little Dog.
Other than that, I need to try and get 2 days' housew*rk done today, as Mr LW has tomorrow off. We have tickets to "Don Giovanni" tomorrow night, and need to be in town sharp to get a disabled parking space, so as he has some leave to use up, he booked the whole day off. I think I'll make lasagne for tonight's dins, so there'll be enough for tomorrow as well.;)If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0 -
Good Morning Chums,
yet another Rememberance Day comes around and our soldiers are still coming home in body bags.What a waste of young lives .One of my DGS Ben (15) wants to enlist when he is 18 in the Royal Engineers and I am dreading it .I am hoping that in three years time he might have changed his mind ,but I don't think he will somehow.
I wish peace to all those who have lost family and friends in the past few years but I honestly can't see an end to it at the moment . I shall be watching on Saturday night as my nephew is one of the ministers every year on the service at the Albert Hall.DD and I had a box there five years ago and I never forgot the emotion on that evening and the total silence in that huge building full of folk as the poppies came drifting down like red snow, symbolising the blood spilt by those men and women over the years.The saddest bit of all is when the widows walk across the floor with their children, not a dry eye in the place .
Today as always at 11.00 I shall think of family and friends who are no longer here and remember them as they were.0 -
Morning All
We usually go to the church where we wee married on the Sunday near our WA if we are in the country, so will be there on Sunday, it always clashes with Armistice Sunday, so to us is part of our WA.
My Grandad was on the Somme and won a DCM, but came back in one piece, and Dad in the RAF, saw my brother when he was born, then sent off to the Middle East, saw him again when he was 3, he at first used to say that he had 2 Daddies, one a photo, and him in person, hard for the kids when they are young. Been around the WW1 battlegrounds, memorials and cemeteries, very moving.
Downloaded the 2 mins. Silence, MP3 & Video the other day too.
Today cleaned the ensuite, and bathroom and will go to Netto, and then into town to take back a No 7 mirror I got wrongly charged for at the last Boots points day, will re-buy it at the correct price on today's points day.
Which reminds me (Loos cleans) Pen-Pin you have been missing a while now, how are you doing, hope you are reading.
((hugs)), etc. DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0 -
Morning All,
Well. i lost my job yesterday
but luckily have a job interview today and another tomorrow and i've signed up to deliver catalogues over the christmas period for extra cash - i will get about 5 weeks pay from my work so things are not too dire.
and
I GOT ENGAGED LAST NIGHT
oh proposed to me and gave me his mothers engagement ring. Very very happy.
I can't believe it's remeberance day again. OH's brother is thinking about joining the army. I know i could never do that, and am i awe of all those who risk their lives for us every day.
Have a lovely day all.Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
Debt payments 2012 £433.270 -
Morning all. Hope all you sickly people and families get better soon!
congratulations bramble!!
The weather is so awful, I'm glad I walked in the cold yesterday as I had to get the bus this morning. I left my warmest, waterproof practical coats at my parents' house, I need them nowww!!
I treated myself to some heart shaped handwarmers and lovely furry ear warmers! I feel so cosy!
Going to make something quick and warming for lunch then carry on with my mountain of uni work.Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0 -
Morning All,
Well. i lost my job yesterday
but luckily have a job interview today and another tomorrow and i've signed up to deliver catalogues over the christmas period for extra cash - i will get about 5 weeks pay from my work so things are not too dire.
and
I GOT ENGAGED LAST NIGHT
oh proposed to me and gave me his mothers engagement ring. Very very happy.
I can't believe it's remeberance day again. OH's brother is thinking about joining the army. I know i could never do that, and am i awe of all those who risk their lives for us every day.
Have a lovely day all.
Am sorry you lost your job yesterday but I hope your engagement makes up for a pants day. Congratulations to you both :T:j
Good luck with your job interview today
Meant to say to JC good luck with your second interview today. Lots of positive vibes to you and bramble :j:j
DS has been sick again so we might not be out of the woods yet, he's just woken after a long nap so hope the sleep has done him some good.I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards