🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

christmas elf 2010

Options

Comments

• littlenicsmummy
    Options
    so is everyone just about ready for the elves to come? i think i am! LOL! i asked on magic-holiday site and most of them said no, they have too much to think about with thanksgiving etc.

yeah just got to do the passport and letter then thats it :j
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    was looking in wilkos for the art stuff and found a santa gift bag for 97p its a red felt type bag made to look like santas suit

our elves are gonna bring it with them and then every morning it will be filled with treats/activities for the day.

its not that big but thought if i take the art sets out of the bag(that way the kids dont see where there from) the pieces should fit in nicely or I can add little notes/clues as to whats todays activity
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    i've took mine out of packaging for same reason
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • tq16
    tq16 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    I have 3 elves - Sparky, Batty and Daffy. Daffy is our newest edition- or will be when my mum finishes making :0) my daughter will only be 7 weeks at christmas so won't really matter but wanted to get it started. Fairly organised but have few last bits to get sorted. I have planned what elves will do each day but if last year is anything to go by it will probably change many times (esp with all the great ideas on here). Love the igloo, must keep eyes open for one :-) and the personalised bags are fab- can't remember who posted the link to them but thank you. I'm so excited can't wait.
    (Family of 5: 2 adults & 3 children aged 7yrs, 4yrs, and 18months)
  • pinkflop
    pinkflop Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping in quickly to say thanks to yummy mummy amy for starting this thread! :)

Also big thanks for all the fab ideas from people - I am so excited!!! :D
    Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."
    ~ Peg Bracken.
  • code-a-holic
    Options
    Just spotted this thread, Im having an elf to stay too!
    Jingles-Jangles will be a busy little elf here....have lots planned for him!
    There's some great christmas home made decoration kits in our local 99p store I have stocked up on today.
    Our elf will be waiting for the children to come home from school and have a Christmas activity waiting each day. making the list tonight of aactivity for each day, and what trick he will get up to each day!
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    all new elves and owners added - apart from those that are nameless.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    this morning i managed to win a "bath time"outfit and a "fireman" outfit for a 12" rag doll (sorry if it was any of you i outbid!). so i know have a pirate top and eye patch (that i made), a christmas jumper, a flying jacket and hat AND a party dress and matching bag. so the elves and teddys can dress up like my boys do!!! there are a few others i'm watching on ebay as well.

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    yummy-mummy-amy Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 November 2010 at 4:57PM
    Options
    does anyone want a ragdoll to turn into a christmas elf? she is 12-14" high, has blonde curly hair in 2 ponytails, red shoes and NO clothes!!! would rather her go to a home that can make use of her, if not she will go charity shop - i bought her as i wanted hehr dress and bag!

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • xnataliex_2
    Options
    well i think i may have gone elf mad! i have stressed all week about trying to find an elf as i really cant afford ebay prices!! i even dreamt about them the other night! I think my partner is getting a little worried about me lol. So i went out yesterday in the frame of mind i would have to find an elf or a resembelance of one!! i ended up getting a father christmas i decided that i would unstich the beard and add some green and brown felt in places to make it more elf like. BUT when i started unstiching the beard last night (quite happy about my idea) i discovered that i couldnt do it as thats how the whole face was stitched together! and the stuffing started falling out! So off i went out again today after college (whilst hoping to god the partner wouldnt ring to find out why i was so late home! which he did!) i ended up having no other choice but to buy a ben elf from ben and holly! Its not that big but its elf like! Im now going to try make him more christmas elf like and hope to god my three year old doesnt realise its ben lol So if anyone has any ideas on how to help me make it more christmas like i would be greatful! I have so much to do before december 1st ahhh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport