We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

christmas elf 2010

Options

Comments

• yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    well i got a reply from webmaster - not very helpful, and i'm guessing they didnt read my email properly as their answer was "if you want a thread removed you need to contact the abuse team".

i asked "is there any way to get a thread locked so no more posts can be added to it?"

SO, i have sent an email to abuse team stating i was told to contact them, i dont want a thread removed just to know if there is a way to get a thread locked. will let you know what they say!
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • PurpleMunchkin
    Options
    Yay :j Snowy Sugar Plum has arrived. So excitied, she is gorgeous !!! Nevermind my DD i want to keep her :p

She arrived in a box all lined and tucked in with tissue paper so i think i will decorate the outside of the box with nice paper and use this as her bed.

Just uploaded her photo onto facebook so off to find her some friends.

Thanks to everyone for all their work on this thread - youve all been great.

Ive made a full list/plan of the activities that Snowy will be getting up to whilst she stays so i will post this later on (or maybe tomorrow).

Love the idea of trying to merge all the photos - DD will love seeing her elf playing with all the others. Im afraid i have no idea how to use photoshop tho.

Right - off to find some friends for Snowy now.

xx
  • berryjingles
    berryjingles Posts: 47 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2010 at 6:09PM
    Options
    Yay :j Snowy Sugar Plum has arrived. So excitied, she is gorgeous !!! Nevermind my DD i want to keep her :p

She arrived in a box all lined and tucked in with tissue paper so i think i will decorate the outside of the box with nice paper and use this as her bed.

xx

Great! I've ordered one of these for my nephew as a surprise, I was hoping it would come in a nice box so I didn't have to go out and buy one! I want to leave him in box on their doorstep with Santa letter, passport, activity ideas etc. I keep trying to persuade hubby to leave it on their doorstep, ring the bell and run away, but he's not too keen on the running away bit lol! I will tell them it was me eventually, they'll probably guess anyway!

Getting a bit worried that everyone seems to be getting their Amazon US elves and mine hasn't arrived yet!

By the way, loving the new thread! Thanks yummy-mummy-amy!I had an idea maybe to add ideas for what the elf can bring with them, passport, letter from Santa, sleeping bag, cadburys elves etc, with maybe links to organised home passport, Santa letter etc. Could maybe add it to first post or at end of activities post? Sorry yummy-mummy-amy I'm making more work for you lol!
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    i will add links to any site anyone uses etc. that maybe of use to the rest of us.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    i will add links to any site anyone uses etc. that maybe of use to the rest of us.

this is a lovely one - not already mentioned on this thread yet is it? I haven't checked! :o

It's got loads of activities, printables, crafts, stories etc...

www.northpole.com/
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    yummy-mummy-amy Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 November 2010 at 8:00PM
    Options
    i've added the sites and elves that have been added to thread and PM'd to me.

i have sat and copied the elf activities from other thread onto the 1stpage of this 1.

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • mummyslittleboy
    Options
    Hi everyone

I have got my children an elf for this year and cant wait for him to arrive officially, problem is now is what to call him so can anyone help please as my mind has got a total block.
    :jmember of the thrifty gifty 2011 :j
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    Hi everyone

I have got my children an elf for this year and cant wait for him to arrive officially, problem is now is what to call him so can anyone help please as my mind has got a total block.

do you want an "elf" name, a "christmas" name or "normal" name? most of us have some sort of christmas them in it. take a look on the post on 1st page.

but here are some words that may help:

elf
    christmas
    snow
    snowflake
    snowbell
    jingle
    jangle
    merry
    sugar
    candy
    cane
    claus(e)
    bell
    bauble
    glitter
    sparkle
    sparkly
    pudding

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • mummyslittleboy
    Options
    Thankyou I found an elf name generator and we have come up with this name opinions please

Rainbow sparkly toes
    :jmember of the thrifty gifty 2011 :j
  • madtrekker
    Options
    penguin83 wrote: »
    Sooo excited nearly that time again! We have Ben-elf come and visit us and the kids love him! This year he is bringing this with him for us all to play on in the run up to Christmas (fingers crossed it arrives on time!) xxxx

Release date for this is 2011 (i.e next Christmas!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure