We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Os daily monday 8th november

1235»

Comments

  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi everybody,

    Just back from a very sad trip to Kerry....weather has been awful too, so am now exhausted after the 220 mile drive....getting old I think.

    Halight....lovely to see you back.

    DD3 has just got a redundancy notice....from 8th December. She has been expecting this for over a year, knowing her she will manage....she will be out cleaning windows or anything she can get to keep her head above water. She does have a part-time job teaching fitness, but not enough to keep her in the style she would like to be accustomed to! Her bf, complete with MA, has not managed to get anything yet, can actually see them taking off somewhere for a while, although they need money to do that.

    No sign of the cats since we got back, they get very cross if I go away and 'punish' me by going missing, hope that they are sensible enough to have gone into hiding in a warm spot.

    Molly, sorry to hear that you are not well, hope that you will be feeling better soon.

    JackieG.....how is the ear?

    Hugs to all in need or want of one, keep warm

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Much much better today thanks Marie, I think I have finally broken the back of it. Two lots of anti-b's though! Hope you're OK, I was thinking about you the whole day. :) XXXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Aww I just had a lovely evening with my summer camp friend :D but it was very sad to say goodbye to her for at least a whole year :( I do feel a little :cry: now. We get on so well, I haven't seen her in almost 6months but it's like we haven't been apart. She is so lovely, I will miss her loads. But hopefully she can join me in NZ for our friend's wedding in Nov next year, which will be lovely!

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,689
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Evening Everyone

    Hugs and best wishes to all, especially those not feeling too good or dealing with poorly relatives and friends. Marie, what a sad day for you, take care. JackieO, hope your DD and SIL enjoy their trip away and lovely to hear how much you appreciate him.

    Freezing cold here, the front room is just beginning to warm up with the fire lit and just had a nice warm bath to heat the bones! Have done some paperwork tonight and changed direct debits from one account to another, Direct Line were fabulous - done in a flash but BT were awful, how come it is so hard to find a contact number from a phone company. Also found out that they have increased my direct debit so not pay nearly £60 per month for phone and broadband. The calls come to about £5.00 a month!! Think i may have to look around for another provider.

    Washing on the airers and not drying as it is so cold - will move them into the living room when I go to bed to get the heat from the fire as it dies out later. Prawn stir fry for tea with loads of veg, so horrified at my poor diet last week that I am overdoing it this week!

    Keep warm and take care. XX
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Just back from netball :eek:, my calf muscle is killing :o. Still i thouroughly enjoyed it :D

    DG - Did you boots fits ?

    Bitsy - Whats "measured her length" mean :o

    Hello New posters :cool:

    FB - Chin up lovey soon be your hols ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Evening everyone.

    Goodness its cold here tonight.

    Marie - sorry to hear your news.

    Molly hope you are improving.

    JackieG - glad you are starting to feel better. Did you get the game controller repaired?

    Halight - great to see you posting again, like one of the other posters said, we just need some other old names back now (SunnyGirl, Sunnyday, Diva, and N9eav to name a few).

    Hugs to anyone feeling under the weather or troubled.

    Been a madly busy day at work again, thank goodness for batch cooking, I got a hm lasagna out of the freezer for tea with salad and garlic bread, about all I could manage tonight. It is our wedding anniversary today but we were both too tired to go out. It is OH's birthday on Thursday too so we will make up for it at the weekend, we are going to go to Wetherby Races on Saturday afternoon, hope the weather is better than today!!!!

    Right will keep it short and sweet tonight as my eyes are practically closing as I type.

    Oh by the way Redruby, that cheesecake sounds lovely (any chance of a recipe please)

    Enjoy the rest of your evening all

    x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    nic1lou2 wrote: »

    Oh by the way Redruby, that cheesecake sounds lovely (any chance of a recipe please)

    Enjoy the rest of your evening all

    x

    yes sure, I will post it tomorrow, I am off to bed now, as my eyes are closing too, it was delish and very easy to make xx

    Sleep well all xx
  • Dazi
    Dazi Posts: 1,354
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A lot later than I was intending to post, but its been one of those days!

    Not read the thread yet, so apologies for not mentioning anyone.

    Couldn't get going this morning, my heart was back in Sussex while my body was here. Horrible day at work 'cos everyone was so understanding but the more they were nice, the more I cried.

    Have to get my head round the fact I live here, I've been here over 7 years now and love my OH to bits, just get upset when I think I should be back 'home'

    Have spoken to my mum today and she sounds a lot brighter, but then I get to worrying about my Dad and how he is coping.

    So since I have been back, I have mainly managed to untidy everywhere:rotfl:we left the place tidy and now it looks like a bomb has hit it. This is due to me deciding to make a birthday card tonight, bits of paper and stuff all over the show, I am not a tidy crafter :D (pic of the card on my FB, first time I have done one of these)

    I have also managed to catch up on the washing, cook a vat of bolognaise sauce in the slow cooker, hoover, do a bit of ironing and actually focus at work and get some stuff done. We did not have a good payrun last week and lots of people on the phone, in all fairness it was not all our office fault, our main payroll dept have made a fair few mistakes too, this is what comes of the owner buying all these new companies and expecting us all to take on the extra work load. I did voice my concerns before the figures were sent but my manager was less than helpful *big sigh*

    Plans for tomorrow are: tidy up kitchen worktop that is now filled with offcuts and sticky stuff
    Go to the dentist.....which I am freaking about as have not been for about 10 years, I am thinking this will be doubly painful, painful in my mouth and my purse!

    Will wish you all a good day tomorrow, as not sure when I will be free to get back on here xxxx
    whoever said laughter was the best medicine has clearly never tasted wine

    Stopped smoking 20:30 28/09/11 :D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.