We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Os daily monday 8th november

135

Comments

  • Just back from Library,bank and school run .Gosh its a nasty day today .I certainly have had all the cobwebs blown away this morning and now am going to have a rummage around the freezer for an early dinner tonight .Uni at 6.00. so i have to be out early .Dug out my hat this morning and scarf as well and was glad of it as well.no point getting cold for the sake of what I look like .(no oil painting anyway :););) ).
    I think its time to get my Hm soup on the go i shall have a shufti and see what veg I have I know I have a lot of spuds hopefully I will find some leeks in the freezer definitely soup weather today I will take a flask with me tonight when I go to Uni I think £1.00 for a plastic cup of warm water from a machine is extortionate
    have a good one everyone and keep wrapped up warm
    JackieO xx
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    OH is up and moaning.....have sent him up the farm yard for a walk, its blowing a gale but will do him good, hark!! he has just come in the door. peace over for now....

    Finished the Monday clean, just read the leccy meter, its time for the first bill from N Power, it will be interesting to see what the bill is, they said they could save me £11 a month........we will see. My usage has gone up in the last few weeks, think its because I have been washing OH's stuff seperate from mine and at a higher temperture, I am keeping his stuff seperate for at least another month.

    Rain has stopped but thwe wind is something else, its pulling the stove up like crazy, will have to go out and refill the log basket, I guess we will burn a bit today.


    Lit the stove its so cold in the living room, put the central heating off, would rather burn the wood than oil, its so blooming expensive.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 8 November 2010 at 12:53PM
    Hi all,sounds like its a nasty day just about everywhere.Been out with the dog & got soaked -my coat is drying over a chair.Feels chilly in the house too,might have to bob the heating on for an hour,DS works on his computer and soon feels the cold even though he has more clothes on than the rest of us.

    DH & DS2 are rained off-its not the day to be up on ladders replacing fascias :D,so DS went off to the gym,DH has gone to price stuff up for their next job, and has left plans spread out all over the table.I won't be able to get tidy with them all around so will finish the kitchen and mop,then I might go and hide in my sewing/craft room.(That sound grand doesnt it,but its a tiny room without a window,just big enough for the desktop,and I have a drop leaf table I put my machine on-but it means I don't have to clear everything away.:))

    Tea is paneer curry.I already had the base veg curry in the freezer so it will be easy enough .

    RedRuby- hope Dad enjoys the cheesecake.It really touched me yesterday to read about you taking his dog to see him,bless.x
    Taplady- hope your sister is ok.That happened to me a few years ago,very scary when you see your face swelling before your eyes.I never found out the cause,but I can eat nuts,dairy ,eggs etc and am ok,never happened since,touch wood.I ended up being off work 2 weeks-looked like I'd been battered,and couldn't sleep for itching /rash round my neck and chest,until I went back and was given steroids.

    Hope everyone has a good day,despite the weather ;)x

    Popped back in to say I hope Molly41 is soon feeling a lot better.(((Hugs)))
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi all.

    Apologies, I didn't get to read the Daily threads over the weekend, and tbh if I go back and read them I'll get even further behind with my tasks than I already am.:(

    Halight welcome back; nice to see you posting again.

    Molly (((HUGS)))) and lots of "get well" wishes.

    I seem to struggle big time just lately; it seems so dark, even during the day, which makes it more depressing (I'm currently resisting the temptation to switch the lights on), and so cold! We're all double-glazed and draught proof, but still I seem to shiver a lot of the time.

    I did manage to do some baking yesterday - bread (in the BM;)), plus a quiche for dins and some cherry and coconut buns for Mr LW's lunchbox, so that was a good thing.

    Today's tasks have included checking my Tesco clubcard account, and finding I have £5 in vouchers that I didn't know about, and also repairing a glove that had got a seam come apart.

    I really must go and get some cleaning done, much as I don't want to.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    RosyRed wrote: »
    Taplady- hope your sister is ok.That happened to me a few years ago,very scary when you see your face swelling before your eyes.I never found out the cause,but I can eat nuts,dairy ,eggs etc and am ok,never happened since,touch wood.I ended up being off work 2 weeks-looked like I'd been battered,and couldn't sleep for itching /rash round my neck and chest,until I went back and was given steroids.

    she's had it before but not lately. Tests at a London hospital said she was allergic to a whole host of things - the worst being latex and penicillin, at one point she carried an epi pen but because it hasn't happened for a long time she stopped doing that. It can be a very scary thing to happen to someone I think. Glad you're ok Rosy x

    off to work soon. DH still not home - he'll be grumpy - they are being given hand held computers for the milkround and today he's being trained to use it during his round.
    The HA contractor finally came to look at the door locks - unfortunately for them I'd already posted my letter of complaint this morning:D because they failed to turn up twice before. He's mended 2 and ordered me a new door for the other room. He wouldn't look at the bathroom lock as it wasn't on his job order:mad: so I'm glad I'd already complained:D serves them right!

    Molly - (((hugs))) hope you soon feel better x

    TTFN x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Hello folks
    Halight - lovely to see you posting - I was wondering how you and your family were getting on. Seems only yesterday that there was the excitement about one of the twin's first tooth!
    Molly - so sorry to hear you are unwell. Big (((hugs))).
    (((hugs))) also to those who are feeling the cold, are unwell, anxious or down. Also, of course, to our friends in this little community who are worried about members of their family.
    Cold day here and have made a big pot of tattie soup. Have just had a bowlful with lots of salt (baaaad but necessary!) and pepper. Yum.
    Have stripped and washed our bedding so it will go on the clothes horse in front of the heater. It's nice and cosy in here.
    Am doing bits of kitchen cleaning as well as popping back on here. Have also walked dogs twice.
    Think I'm going to curl up on sofa with my library book - it's that kind of day! It's getting dark and BIG clouds are coming in - oh, rain on now I see. That's it - a big mug of tea and my book.
    W
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yuk - Horrid here too, why does it happen when you've jeans, bedding and towels to wash and dry.

    Dunno but I am in the same boat as you ;) Thick towels, jeans and DD managed to measure her length coming back from school run and got completely covered in mud :cool: So I also had her coat to wash....
    Just read on Mooloo's thread that Molly41 isn't very well atm, so if you're reading this Molly, hugs and good wishes from me XXXX

    Hugs Molly, hope you're OK xx

    Been busy morning but productive. Actually did some proper housework for the first time in about 2 weeks :o:o Popped out in the car to farm-nursery shop and it was 4 degress brrrrrrr it was vile doing the school run. On the plus side though I've only got one school run to do this afternoon as one mindee is being picked up by her mum. Kinda glad I don't have to go out more than once this afternoon :)

    taplady - ooooh anaphalactic (sp?) shock........very scary!!! Thankfully the only think I am allergic to is certain types of animal hair and it makes me sneeze and my eyes itch. I'd rather have that any day than my airway closing up with swelling :eek:

    Got the lady from the Cats Protection League coming round tonight. We have our eye on a wee kitten who's 9 weeks old but we'll see, she might be spoken for before we're vetted who knows.

    Hope you've all not got too wet so far today. Enjoy your dark afternoon :cool:
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Afternoon all

    I'm home a bit early today as I've skived off after my last visit of the day at 3pm ;). We had beautiful weather this morning, lovely autumnal day. But it has now turned and it's raining and blowing a gale. The wind woke me up twice in the night last night too!

    I'm rather excited as one of my friend's from summer camp is on her way here to meet me for dinner and a catch up :j:j I've not seen her since June, and she is off to Australia for a year in 5 days time!! So pleased I get to see her before she goes.

    Very little OS here today. Took leftover soup from freezer to work for lunch, and will probably do the same again tomorrow!

    Molly - hope you feel better soon

    I'm off to look at the Tesco website to see if I can double up on clubcard points to get a food processer/blender as my current (new) blender is leaking and needs to be returned!

    Have a good evening all

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Ps excuse my silly question...but if I have a food processor can I blend soup in it or do I still need a blender attachment?

    I can't stand lumpy soup! :rotfl:

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Yes you can but don't fill it too full or it will come up and hit you in the face!!! LOL. Use the slicer blade, put a little soup in the bottom and then gently pour the rest in through the funnel......
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.