We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Os daily monday 8th november

OS Daily monday 8th November 2010
neilsbox_chart.gif Thread Stats
neilsbox_eyes.gif Views:
1,128


Wmouth.pngW Factor
Coming Soon...

Share This Thread:
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2844544facebook_share.jpg [/URL]
[URL="http://twitter.com/?status=https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2844544tweet.jpg [/URL]



Hi, this is the Daily Thread for xx (add date). This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.
:jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
«1345

Comments

  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Morning all:j:j
    I hope that you all day mind me starting this today:)

    If someone else has already started it and i have not found it yet then can one of the mods please join them together.

    Well it lovley and hot and sunny this morning:D just not here:D
    Its very cold wet and windy here this morning om just having a coffee before i leave the house for work. As thay dont let me drive im going to have to go out in the wind,cold and rain in my waterproofs:eek: so i hope that you will all give a thourt to me getting cold and wet while you all tuck in in your breakfast.
    Olny a coffe for be before i leave. And iv not done any food to take with me which is not very OS i know :o So i shall be buying a bacon butty for lunch today:) I do have fruit at work already so i dont need to buy any of that or take any with me. I normaly get thourth 2-3 pices of fruit a day at work so it offsets the fat in the bacon lovley:A

    For dinner tonight i will be cooking as my wife wont get back untill 7:30pm. I shall be doing somthing with the left over brisket just not sure what yet.
    The twins go to my moms and dads for the day on a monday and tuseday while my wife is at work (it keeps the grand parents out of trouble) But on there way there today my wife is taking them to the doctors for a cheak up as the doc thinks twin 1 my have astma.

    Well i hope thay you all have a great day today keep warm, dry. well and safe everyone

    Richard:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    morning halight lovely to see you posting again

    nasty weather here this morning :(

    off to work in a mo , then got parents evening tonight, DD1s 6th form so looking forward to having a look round :D

    tuna mayo salad for lunch
    something quick tonight not sure what yet

    have a good day everyone
    hugs and spoons xx
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Morning all

    Really chilly here this morning. DD and I have had breakfast pancakes warmed up with golden syrup and I have left over mash and beef stew for my lunch, kids are packed up. Not sure about DS1 as he was full of cold yesterday and DS2 is at tech today. DH will probably do sausages for his lunch.

    Corned beef and potato pie and spicy pork meatloaf for dinner - probably with chips and gravy. Clothes have been folded, DW will be on before I leave as will the WM.

    Enjoy your day whatever you're doing!
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • Morning all
    Very wet & windy here today, chilly too.
    Breakfast has been eaten, fish fed, packups made & I've put some shin of beef in the SC with mushrooms, carrot, onion & mixed herbs, so we'll come home to a cooked meal.
    Work will be fun as the kids are always hyper when it's windy & all this rain means they won't be allowed out during breaktimes.
    I've made banana bread to take to work today, I added some museli, so it has hazelnuts & almonds in it, I hope the team enjoy it.
    I've ordered some can can wool, I'll knit some scarves & hopefully sell them as Christmas presents.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 November 2010 at 8:29AM
    Morning folks, wish I could go back to bed and hibernate - what a morning here! High winds pouring rain and its freezing. I am off to Dundee shortly to do some christmas shopping but given the weather I would rather stay in my bed! I have my list ready, but probably that will change as we go round the shops, as I will look at what bargains there are and adapt my list to those. Hoping to be back by about two so I can get some rasp jam made from the berries in the freezer and some marmalade as well this afternoon as well as a bit baking done. ~Had a busy day yesterday with hubbys books but did manage to get two can-can scarves done, batch cooking done and even a bit ironing!! Excelled myself or what :-) Popped to Tesco to pick up their wine deal and picked up 8 of the mini bottles of wine for just under six pounds so have decided to make little pamper hampers and also sweet treat hampers that will have my jam, marmalade, mini xmas cake, truffles and the like in, so on the look out today for nice baskets, holdalls etc to put them in.
    Hugs to everyone in need of one, and hope you all have a good week,
    Suzy

    ps Hester - good luck with the scarves, I have just ordered lovely embroidered tags from ebay to stitch on to mine to give them a finishing touch - 'Handcrafted by Suzybloo' with a lovely butterfly on them. Let us know how you get on
    Every days a School day!
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Morning all

    Chilly start to the week, friend visited last night and when she left at 9pm there was already quite a hard frost, brrrrr, too cold.

    Had quite a lazy Sunday, boys had rugby so whilst I was out with them, DH prepped the veg. I set the automatic timer on the oven so all DH had to do was put roast in, and then I just cooked the veg and served - was lovely - I always enjoy a Sunday roast.

    Have to work a bit later tonight so we'll be having easy dinner, smoked sausage pasta.

    Did get lots of jobs done on Saturday so will keep doing a bit each day so jobs don't build up. DH gone to work early-ish so he could be early all work again, have to wait and see. Did manage to get a menu plan together so at least I know what we're going to be eating this week!

    Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

    Wet and blowing a gale here, OH has the day off today, so I had to get up and make my own tea:rotfl:, I did turn over in bed a lot when the alarm went off :D, but he was sound asleep so I left him, it will do him good to have a lie in.

    Today I need to have a good clean through, hoover mop the floors etc, maybe do a wash for the airer, and also do an online shop, obviously I wont get as much done as normal with OH being here, ( I find they are a hinderence rather than a help :D)

    I think dinner tonight is one of the pie plates I made last week, will go and take it from the freezer in a while, will do mash and veg with it.

    Made a lime cheesecake yesterday, so can have some of that for pud, its delish and very easy, recipe booklet came free with my stork this week.

    Mum and I will go and see dad later on, I will take him some cheesecake too.

    OK better get on, have good days all xx
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning my lovelies :D

    It's bloomin' 'orrible here. Dark, blowin' a gale and raining. It's supposed to be like this at the start and end of the week so everyone schedule your outside jobs for Wednesday ;)
    Heading off to a lovely nursery that also sells produce so picking up another bag of spuds and a net of onions so I can finally start my onion chutney :D
    I have a to do list running for this week, lets see how I get on :o
    NEED to start my accounts, have left it again for a few months and then it always takes ages to catch up. Will try and start that this afternoon. Got more Xmas cards to finish off, start the Flylady list and put away ironing from last night. I think that will be more than enough depending on how long I am out of the house this morning.

    I really need to cut down on my 'puter time when I am at home though :o:o I waste a fair amount of time on here and it's stopping me getting stuff done, I do so love to procrastinate :rotfl:
    Tea tonight is sausage pasta bake and I need to bake some cake and biccies as we have none in the house (for the kids of course ;))

    Right need to finish my green tea and check out the flylady list.
    Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Wrap up warm and take care out there.
    Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Mornin everyone wet'n'windy here in north Kent as well a real nasty Monday morning.Still I am up and about and just about to have a shower and some porridge to warm me up then its off to pick the boys up for the school run.As DD and I live in the same large village I can leave my house at 8.35,pick up the boys ,take them to school and be back indoors by 9.00.a.m. so its not too bad really. Bit of banking to do and I have to pop around to the station to find out some train times for Dd for when her and her OH go up to London at the end of the month for his suprise trip for his birthday .he hasn't a clue what we have been up to and definitely doesn't come on here.She has booked an overnight stay for the two of them in a nice hotel just off Tottenham Court Road and tickets for them to see We Will Rock You.I am staying with the children that night so the kids will have a 'anughty night with dvd's and popcorn ect and mum and Dad will have a night away to be on their own for a change .They have never been away from the children ever in their marriage and with five of them it gets a bit noisey at time .So this will be a lovely break for them.its simon's 40th birthday and because my DD has been out of work for a month (luckily she has got a new job now and loves it) he thinks that his birthday will be a very low-key one .But this trip was planned between us 6 months ago and she saved up all her spare pennies to pay for it.So he will be very suprised to get this trip.He is such a smashing chap and a brilliant Dad and adores the ground she walks on and nothing is ever too much trouble for him,so he really deserves his suprise night out.
    I am really hoping I can get his football tickets in time for his birthday as that would be the icing on the cake.His parents are a bit odd and never seem to want to put themselves out for him and I always feel so sorry for him as they don't realise what a terrific son they have.I appreciate every thing he does for me though and he is like the son I never had.
    Well time to toddle I guess ,have a great day everyone whatever you are doing
    Cheers JackieO xx
  • Morning All,

    Its blowing a gale up here too, but guess what, its dry!!! I think my ear may be back to normal now, it feels a bit gunged up, like I have water in it, but fingers crossed, it wasn't sore at all during the night. :)

    Carrot and coriander soup on the go chez moi, and pack ups done, the boys will be getting turfed out of bed as soon as I press POST on this, and then we're off! I have my hospital appointment this afternoon, and will be at IKEA beforeheand and get a taxi to the hospital from there, to save the trouble of last week. Looking forward to a mooch round IKEA too. Washing is drying, anotherone is on, and that's about it for the day.

    Hope RR and Dazi's parent troubles are easing, and ESMF's MIL is doing OK, too. Now that Halight has made a reappearance, maybe we'll see Diva again, and it must be a bout time for purpleivy to come in, too! :D

    Hugs Spoons and HiFives to you all,

    Jackie XXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.