We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Os daily monday 8th november

245

Comments

  • Hi all, isn't the weather awful! I've got a load of nappies to get out on the line, no way in hell will they dry :(

    Halight - it's definitely the time of year for asthma to surface if it will. They are normally quite hesitant to diagnose under 4, but it's quite normal for wee 'uns to need to odd inhalor/meds to see them through chest infections. My son is 3 and a half and we're going through exactly the same thing.

    JackioO - enjoy your night with the boys tonight- sounds like fun. Hope your DD and her husband enjoy themselves.

    Well, today I'm roasting a chicken to strip and use for meals throughout the week. One of my M&S half price bargains, yummy. Doing some cleaning this morning then meeting a friend for coffee/cake in the afternoon. Working for a bit in the evening so will leave something easy to make for tea - might do a chicken curry so it only needs reheated. Hoping to make some Jamie O cookies too.

    Have to go get ready to take my son to nursery - no rest for the wicked :)

    Have a lovely day everyone.
    2021 wins: eco-friendly bedding bundle
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Good morning,

    Horrible weather here too, and the house elf has to go to school dressed as a nursery rhyme character. He will be wearing warm clothes under his costume!

    Today I will mostly be staying in. I have a chicken to cook, and then I'll slice it up and freeze it. I'm also going to make a sausage pasta bake and portion that up for the freezer. Not much point making any cakes etc as I'm supposed to be on a diet, and Grumpy doesn't eat them.

    I have a basket of ironing to do, and the bedrooms to clean. Good enough reason for not going out anywhere in the wind and rain I think.

    Take care all of you.
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Morning all. It's horribly cold, wet and windy!
    I need a cup of tea and a big bowl of porridge before I even think about going outside to work! I bought a brollie a few weeks ago, thinking it was plain black, but the first time I used it I saw it was covered in giant pink butterflies :doh:
    I need to find something to take soup to work in, all the good tupperware is in use. I wish I had one of those plastic pots that fresh pasta sauce/soups come in but I don't buy them :p

    The messy flatmate gets back today, and another flatmate is having his brother and friend over for a few days. Yes, five boys in the house, kill me!


    Hugs and good wishes for everyone who needs them!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    morning!

    grotty here too! poor DH has been out in it delivering his milk since 2am!:eek:
    Louie the puppy was going stir crazy in the kitchen and giving Mig the other dog a hard time but thankfully he's calmed down now - either that or he's upto no good!

    JackieO - your son in law sounds lovely, I hope they both enjoy his birthday treat x

    JackieG - hope your hospital appointment goes smoothly this time x

    Halight - Richard hope you dont get too wet walking to work x

    I'm off to work this after lunch today but also cleaning for a lady this morning. Have done my own cleaning, WM is on, Ironing just about upto date.
    Cheese and potato pie for tea for me at work. DH is going to pick something from the freezer for him and DS2.

    Had a call from Mum this morning, my sister has been poorly and had to spend a few hours in hospital after an allergic reaction to something she ate. She thinks it was in a biscuit mix as she ate one our cousin made and straight away she started to feel ill and her lips tingled and started to swell. Thankfully we have a small cottage hospital which is excellent so she got quick treatment.

    Hope everyone manages to stay dry today.

    take care all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Morning all........................(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

    Its wet and windy here too, blowing a gale, but it was forecast, think I will have to kight the living room stove its so bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrr.

    OH still alseep will go through in a mo with his orange jiuce and pills, then take breakfast through. He had a nap yeatserday afternoon but managed to eat his supper and stayed up to watch Taggart, just hope he has not done too much and is grumpy today.

    Need to throw the duster and hoover at the guest room and our bedroom, I slept back in there last night, cannot say it was really restful I was fightiing OH for the duvet all night!!

    Right off to see to the brekkie and wake OH up, back later...................
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • Morning All

    OMG what an awful day.
    Waiting for DH to get home because loads of stuff has blown over in the garden TG he got the roof on the shed yesterday!

    First thing on waking was brekkie and two pain killers, my joints have well and truly seized today so nothing planned until the pain subsides a bit.

    Sorry for a gloomy post I will probably buck up a bit later ((((((((Hugs))))))) to all who need one x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning

    Yuk - Horrid here too, why does it happen when you've jeans, bedding and towels to wash and dry.

    Porridge all round here this morning, DH got a pack-up, flask of Tea and a Food Flask of Bovril, He'll be frozen to the bone today as he is outside spawning Trout. DD's have school dinners ;)

    Tea tongiht LO sausages i was thinking of chopping them up a bit, put in dish at the bottom, the a layer of cooked onion, then some gravy, a few peas, gravy, then top it with mash....

    Have shocked myself this moring and actually got bread proving in the boiler cupboard :D.

    Nothing on today for me and DS just tidying.

    I looked at those can can scarvs on youtube but it ooked too confusing to me :o They re lovely though.

    Suzybloo - Great idea about tags *goes off to find them*:D

    Hugs and spoons xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Just read on Mooloo's thread that Molly41 isn't very well atm, so if you're reading this Molly, hugs and good wishes from me XXXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good Morning All!
    had no internet for days last week - wish I could say i caught up on all my jobs, but no - just got fed up with playing spider solitaire!
    Have bedding whirring round the WM but no chance of hanging it outside today! Will miss lunch as I have to be down at church whilst electrical check is carried out. Supper tonight - moussaka, to use up some of yesterday's roast lamb.
    Need to tackle long overdue paperwork today and get to the gym.
    Am still finding it terribly hard to adjust to DH being fully retired these days - I seem to think if he is sitting down I can too!
    have done first dog-walk so am glad DH can do the long one later on!
    halight - great to see you back, can't believe the twins are 2 and a half already! Now we just need to find some other long term MIA posters....
    have a good day everyone, and take care of yourselves.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,759 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning All

    Very cold , wet and windy in Yorkshire. Waiting (in hope) for the sciatica to improve so I can get moving a bit more. Doctor just given me another week off work. I really, really want to go back I love my job. I'm hoping to pop in later in the week. Not much happening today. Lasagne for tea, got it out of the freezer yesterday, made it on one of my more organised days to eat on days just like today.

    Keep warm everyone and wrap up well if you have to venture out DH said it's horrible out.

    Love Pollys x
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.