We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Os daily monday 8th november
Comments
-
Hi Flutterby! I think you'll find it'll just not be quite as smooth as in the blender, but it shouldn't be lumpy exactly. I broke the glass container on my blender and had to use my processor until the replacement was available and I found it was OK.Resolution:
Think twice before spending anything!0 -
Thanks both.
I'm researching ones to buy in Tesco. They have a processor for £30 or processor/blender for £60 so I'm not sure which to go for!
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Hello Peeps- i got cut off!!--some old miserable couple on the ground floor of my block decided they didnt like the cables in the well of the block and cut my cables-tv and telephone--i am still waiting for them all to be re-routed so they cant do it again!--i had horrible thoughts towards them last week!!--i hope someone puts me out of my misery before i get that way!!--i can understand life getting boring living in these blocks of flats and having no where really to go like a garden!--my mum and dad spend their entire life doing things outside like gardening or bowling but they just dont have things like that here!!--i dont think i will survive my dotage in a flat-i will have to go live in a house with a garden--i dont even like gardening but its nice to just sit out under a tree and feel the breeze--its not the same on a balcony 60feet up!!
Anyway sorry to hear the weather is bad--your making me feel cold and chilled with all your episodes--i sit in my office most of the day and just peer out and i get this distorted view of the world--the sun is not as bright,as well, due to the autumn--however i took my wife to the shops at 3pm and it was a pleasant and warm---despite all your 'stories' lol--you just need to hop on the plane and it could be oh so different!!
Last week we started a grocery logging challenge and i am quickly realising that food stuffs are more expensive in Turkey than the uk-shops dont offer discounts--i am up to 125 quid in 8 days and we eat the majority of food outside the home--work or nanny's!!--we earn well and i have never ever counted the housekeeping so it has come as a shock-i just presumed it was cheaper here--i do wonder how those people who live in the resorts in their retirement--or just escaping cope--cant be fun!!--the resorts by nature are even more expensive than a big city i dwell in-
ANyway its dark outside with a breeze so mentally i am feeling its going to be a cold one!!--i have a stinking cold and ear blockage so today my world is 'depressive'--happy days-Gmfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0 -
Afternoon/evening everyone
it has chucked it down all day today. Took pup for a walk and got very wet.
Os today dw on & emptied. Brushed andhoovered stairs. Floors swept and mopped. Tea is beefburgers and hm chips.
Spent last few days reasearching on Internet into specialist dyslexic schools as don't think ds2 will survive at a mainstream high school. He is working at level 1 which means he is now over 5 years behind. I have made an appt to go and see 1 tomorrow. They have 6 pupils to 1 specialist teacher plus 1:1 too. If I can't get Lea to fund then will have to go back to full time work to pay the fees. Since moving to his new school he isn't coping very well as they moved him up from y4 to y6. He is rapidly losing his self esteem and I just want to make things better for him. All this is whirring through my head trying to work out a way to sort it quickly, not sleeping too well at minute.
Enough of my problems.
Csarina - hope your dh continues to improve, try and get some rest yourself too.
Redruby - thinking if you, hope your dad is improving.
Molly - hope you feel better soon.
Npm - sorry your bonfire night was cut short, it must be so difficult for you all. Hope you have got everything sorted for your wedding.
Enjoy the rest of your evening. Hugs to anyone that needs/wants one. Take care.
Lynne0 -
Hello everyone - thanks so much for sharing your days with me (and the other lurkers!)
Today I've had the DW and WM on, have menu planned, written a list and shopped from it and have made a Quorn sausage (whoopsied) baked bean bake thing in the SC. It's a made up recipe, delicious but a bit random!
Am feeling very sorry for myself at the moment. My good intentions of tracking every spend this month have fallen flat and I'm dreading the 15th when I have to pay the CC bill. I'll be OK, just a bit miserable. I find this thread so inspiring and just the kick up the rear I need.
Hugs to all who need them.
LauraHousehold: Laura + William-cat
Not Buying It in 20150 -
Evening all:j:j
I got very wet this morning:mad: and iv been cold all day too:mad:
Warming up now im home with the heating on:T:T Just having a coffee now.
Im going to use the lest over beef from dinner yesterday to do a stir fry tonight, we have some been spotes and carrots, peppers, onion.garlic, peas and sweet corn. oooooand not forgetting the mushooms. Ill put it all together in a pan boil some rice up and serve.:money:
Anyway i hope that you all have had a good day and that you have been keep dry and warm.
it looks like this cold and wet wether is going to be with us for the next few days.
Enjoy your dinner everyone:j:j:jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j0 -
i feel miserable in line with you laura--i have just spent my whole years earnings on things like a new kitchen and 2 bathrooms--amongst other must have items!!--i have just settled down after the summer to count my debts and realise i am left with nothing to spend til june 2011--i do hope my wife keeps working hard!!--home is a lovely place but no chance of going out!!--i never realised how expensive life can become til i got married and inherited a child!!mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.0
-
Evening, everyone. Just got back from having my hair done! I went to the local polytechnic and had my hair completely restyled - wash cut and blow dry for £5.00 and it looks really good. The student was a sweetie and her tutor came over at each stage of the cut to check it. My appointment was at 2.30pm and I left the salon at 5pm and walked to Sainsbugs to get a semi-permanent colourant to hide the grey. I will definitely go to the Poly again for my haircuts and perhaps have a colour done - unlike my V V Expensive hairdresser, they insist on a test patch 48 hours before a colour and they are so much more affordable. Plus, someone is furthering their career while making me look better
!
It really does make you feel better when you LOOK better and I simply can't afford high street prices since I became redundant.
It has been horrible here today weatherwise and I'm glad I spent the afternoon with a bunch of really cheerful, fun girls (no lads on the course, it seems).Obedient women are never remembered in History!
November Grocery Challenge: 03/11/10 Spent £77.84:)
10/11/10 Spent £84.95 17/11/10 Spent £79.63 24/11/10 Spent £75.39 :j
December Grocery Challenge 30/11/10 Spent £32 Clubcard Vouchers and £79.15 Cash. 08/12/10 Spent £77.73 Cash and £127.50 Clubcard Vouchers - Christmas is now sorted!!! :snow_grin0 -
Many thanks to the people that have welcomed me back today, Just in case that you missed it i posted on sunday with a bit of an update on myself and the twins.
Anyway its good to be back i have missed it:jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j0 -
Just a quickie from me, as I have been informed that there is a coffee waiting for me in the lounge, large hint that I have spent enough time in here today. Horrible weather, didn't need to go out, so didn't.
Just trying to re-install windows xp to my netbook to get the wireless connection back.
Trying to sort out a Yorkshire meet/mini-meet with NicLou, will post another thread when it is fixed.
Molly ((hugs))
DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards