We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily 5th Nov 2010
Comments
-
Evening all
We haven't been to a firework display or bonfire either. In fact we went to Junction 32 to do a bit of shopping and it was nearly empty - probably about 6 other couples wandering around the whole of the shopping centre:D It was great!!!!
Weather here is dry and there are lots of fireworks going off but little dog doesn't seem unduly concerned. I love the smell in the air on bonfire night takes me back to being a kid. Although I know it is awful for people who have bad chests.
Did traditional pie and peas with mint sauce for tea, followed by parkin (not hm I am afraid, I must admit I have never tried making it) I love Parkin:D Wm has finished and I have put washing over airers, coz although I like the smell in the air, I dont want it on my clothes:D
DG we really must sort out something about a mini meet or you will be away on your travels again before we get sorted!!!
Enjoy you evening everyone
x"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!0 -
evening!
not read the thread yet, been a busy day at work and just had a soak in the bath before settling down for a spot of surfing while we watch Coast on Blighty - a fascinating series.
No bonfire etc here, not keen on them myself. DS2 is at his girlfriends, I'm picking him up tomorrow.
DS1 txt me earlier to say he's coming to stop next weekend:j we're really missing him and I know he feels the same.
Just in the middle of a menu planner but need some inspiration. Grocery shop tomorrow so will pop over to the menu planer thread to steal some ideas!;)
Lie in tomorrow:j cant wait, have got the weekend off so will be taking it steady tomorrow morning-planning a read of my book with a cuppa in bed.
Hope everyone's well and have a great weekend all xDo what you love :happyhear0 -
I really want to try the apple & cheddar soda bread from River Cottage last night, maybe not with guinness but at least now I know it'd work without cow's milk.
that looked fab! :T
forgot to mention I've got 3 sore toes now:( a tub of Mackies icecream fell out of the freezer onto my foot - making my one toe bleed, it was already sore as its one I broke years ago that tends to get rubbed by shoes because it is bumpy.Do what you love :happyhear0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards