We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily 5th Nov 2010

245

Comments

  • Morning All,

    ubamother, that made me laugh, you rant away honey! :D

    Wet here too, that horrible wet stuff that soaks your bones :( Plan for the day is more tackling of household things. OH and I had a bit of a fallout yesterday, not about the state of the house funnily enough, but he said some things which really jarred and made me think long and hard about how I have been feeling and what its meant to us as a family, and I have started the day without much sleep but with a bit of resolve about sorting myself out.

    We are off to see the Fireworks tonight in Glasgow, I will dig out the flasks for some hot chocolate to take with us and whip up some muffins for them menfolk.

    Hope you all have a good day, OS or not. HH enjoy your meal out. Dazi RRandCsarina hugs for your poorly loved ones.

    Jackie XXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Morning all

    Well my first week at the new offices have been fine - people are nice and I seem to be more productive (more noise so my mind wanders less!) Takes me 40 minutes to get there which i know isnt too bad but when it used to take me 10 minutes its a fair jump! Have my second interview next thursday for the other job so see how that pans out.

    Off today so i'm just finishing off my meal plan and shopping list and then I need to go out take some clothes and shoes back (shoes too big/jacket too tight/trousers too short!) and hopefully replace them - well the shoes at least.

    I fancy a weekend in the house - DH is working so I have all the kids and I would like to get some batch cooking done to make teatimes easier during the week and get some baking done.

    Had a scarey moment last night - Twins were messing about (I keep telling them they are too big to play fight now:rotfl:) DS2 hit DS1's elbow and hurt his hand....he came down the stairs and said it was really hurting and he felt sick....next thing he'd fainted on me! had to lay him down and he was sweating and shaking! took him up to a&e when he came round and the nurse said it was a common shock reaction to intense pain. Hand seems ok this morning but he says his legs are really aching and he feels exhausted. Just keep an eye on him today.

    Enjoy your day !
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning my lovelies :D

    Ubamother - tsk tsk I can see I am going to have to give you some ranting lessons from a professional ;) :rotfl:

    JackieG - Hope you and you H kiss and make up. Home truths aren't easy to take but I hope from it will come something positive xx

    DS been taken to school. Waiting for mindee to arrive shortly.
    Plans for today aren't much as I am working. Made a load more craft items yesterday, some flannel reindeer (which H was really impressed with!) and some cards and magic reindeer food so whilst mindee is at nursery this arvo I shall have another mad crafting spree ;)
    Feels really warm here, damp but mild. Not complaining as it means the kids are happier to go outside (not a problem with DS, he'd be outside 24/7 if he got the chance :eek:).
    Tea tonight will be anything quick and easy. H is working late so am on my own with the kids this evening. We shall have our little firework display tomorrow night instead :T

    Happy Diwali to those celebrating.

    Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2010 at 11:41AM
    Hey all.
    I'm not getting the lazy day I'm desperately craving :( I'm batch cooking porridge pancakes, then walking into uni to revise for the afternoon. All after I attempt to wash my hair with rhassoul clay :) Hopefully it'll work, it'll be nice to get something natural on my head for once!
    Friends want to go to the fireworks in Clapham which means getting a train, and going to Clapham, which I don't want to do. When there's a perfectly good fireworks show in Kingston that we could walk to!

    I really want to try the apple & cheddar soda bread from River Cottage last night, maybe not with guinness but at least now I know it'd work without cow's milk.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,320
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Morning folks.
    JackieG - it is so hard when you have a fall out and then time to think about what was said. During the night is an awful time to mull things over. Hope you feel better as the day goes on. You've had a tough time so just go easy on yourself.
    Hope you find that your dad is well rested today RR.
    Glad that you are taking the chance to have that important afternoon snooze csarina.
    (((hugs))) to those feeling unwell, anxious or down at the moment.
    Thanks for the Diwali comment Bitsy. I am very ignorant and thought our new neighbours had put up their Christmas lights in the window. I've googled it and am now a bit better informed. I will wish them good Diwali when i see them.
    Back to flylady after a too long absence and already everything is looking neater (and cleaner!). I love the sparkly bathroom with its morning swish and swipe. It's the first thing I do after taking DH to work. Haven't got round to the shiny kitchen sink yet. I really struggled with that one last time, although it is supposed to be the corner stone of everything else. Ah well, we are all different and maybe the shiny bathroom does it for me :p.
    Yellow stickered frying steaks for us tonight, with baked potato and salad and will pick up a bottle of wine. Haven't tried these steaks before - we don't have steak often but when we do I like sirloin. These were £1.99 though, so worth a try.
    Off for an extra dog walk just now because it is nice and dry out there! Library and some errands to do after and then a pile of ironing for the afternoon. Might watch the first part of Nigella that I missed last night. That braised shin of beef casserole looked fab. I am a big fan of shin and use it for Irish Stew. Lovely and tender after long cooking. yum yum.
    Have a good day everyone. Weekend starts soon :p
    W
  • Morning all

    Clearish here this morning, and the wind's finally dropped! I couldn't have told you what the weather was dong before now, as I've been in bed, trying to compose myself for my interview later.

    Just popped in here to catch up, then off to the hairdressers so I can look neat and tidy. Picked up a pair of interview boots yesterday with the last of my birthday money - it's lasted since January, so I'm very proud!

    Nothing much on apart from my interview. OH has changed all his plans for me so he can come with me to give me moral support, so he'll get to sit in a car park in South Yorkshire for about a hr! He's off again tonight, so I'll at least get some time with him :rotfl:

    Am so nervous!

    Will post back later, hopefully :)

    TTFN

    Tracy x
  • Hi all

    I need opinions.....I am still sorting bloomin wedding music:o but I have to meet with registrar on Weds morning so have to make my mind up:eek:.
    I have come up with this, let me know what you think.

    Walking in with DS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Us3PfJfkY


    Signing register
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-Aej5ahhU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpEOFy8oQg

    The second one is because i nearly didnt go on my first date with OH as was getting sick of the whole "trying to meet someone" thing. Life would now be so different.
    I have also found a gospel choir version of Lean on me that I want but will have to see what registrar says incase he thinks it is religious because of the gospel choir thing.

    Walking out ( OHs choice:o)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-olADzllc&feature=related


    will come back in a bit and read daily and post properly once I have stopped stressing about music!:rotfl:
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 1,033
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi Guys
    Csarina - it sounds as though your little clock hasn't adjusted .. you need to place it near a window to get the radio waves to correct it. Might be that the waves are obstructed by the walls where you live. It happens to mine too and its a real pain.

    Last night's culinary success... Shoulder of lamb in the Rayburn for several hours. Just lifted the bone right out.. yummy and cheap too.
    Tonight .. who knows

    Bit of luck the drizzle will cancell the local fireworks - the animals hate them, if nto I'll be on stable watch all weekend
  • NPM, Brilliant choice of songs, don't change them anymore, the Pulp song actually made me cry when I listened to the lyric, beautiful choice, and the walking out song is perfect! Upbeat, happy and a real declaration. :D JackieG seal of approval! :D X
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Thank you Jackie:T
    I want to get the song choices written on the form so I can`t change them anymore:o.
    I think I am finally happy with them in a way I havent been before.
    Hopefully this is one more thing to tick off the wedding list.....it is stressing me a bit now:cool:
    I love the Pulp song too and only remembered it yesterday and it says what I have thought many times....how different life would be for DS and I had I not bothered to go on the night out that Sunday 4 years ago. Also living in Sheffield, a Pulp song is appropriate.
    This is our first dance song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OHPRtRWqWg

    another Sheffield link and my fave type of music. I have given up thinking of songs to suit other people. my mum will prob pull a face at this for a first dance but I won`t notice;)
    Better heave my butt off sofa and clean the house a bit....will pop back on at 1ish for lunch after the cleaning ( trying to give myself some incentive for cleaning:rotfl:)
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.