We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily 5th Nov 2010
Comments
-
Afternoon all
I have been MIA for a few days, I've been, ahem, otherwise occupied
:rotfl:
Very busy with work. We completed 3 small community projects - one in a school garden, one in a community garden and one in an old people's home garden. I could quite easily never garden again! :rotfl: Work kids on the whole worked very hard, a few strops along the way but we got them all done in the end. Today we had a fun day and took them to Laserzone
I came 3rd out of 13 which I was pretty impressed with!
It's raining here
I really wanna go to the fireworks show by my parents house but I really don't want to get wet. I love Bonfire Night, it's my favourite time of the year so I'm a bit gutted it's raining. I think I'll just stay in and cwtch on the sofa with a DVD and non OS takeaway
.
OS wise - I've emptied bins and loaded DW ready for tonight.
Have a great evening all
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
-
NPM sorry i havent had time to check out your music choices , have you heard of Richard Hawley? he is a Sheffield artist too , fab music , i would imagine he is on you tube
had tea ,DH has brought some sparklers home for the DD's . even though they said they were too old for fireworks they are all giddy now and cant wait to go out and write their name in the air
just eaten too many HM millies cookies
0 -
Csarina I too have one of those little radio adjusted clocks and what I do is take the battery out then put it back in and leave it on the window sill and it adjusts itself when the satellite goes over,sometimes it takes a while.but I think they are great as I can look at the time during the night without putting the light on ,as you say just press the button.Well I can hear the fireworks going off all around tonight so the damp hasn't put folk off at all.
Waiting for eldest DD to pop in and pick up the four portions of chicken curry I did for her with what was left over from the chook yesterday.I can't get anymore in my freezer at the moment, and her OH is very keen on my curries .She and her DD don't eat curry, so my son-in-law gets a treat now and again.
Right off to make a pot of coffee.
have a good evening everyone and take care if you have a bonfire or fireworks .
JackieO xx0 -
jackieglasgow wrote: »Good for you, hope you've been moisturising those lips
:D:p
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:pucker up buttercup
I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
Hello all,
Didn't get on yesterday so belated happy birthday to George.
Painter finished to-day, now waiting for last of gloss to dry, then can move stuff to its proper place again and get some hoovering done....he was tidy enough, but a big lad so seemed to get in the way every time I wanted to move anything....that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.
Still damp and windy here, leaves all over the place, have put out washing as I don't care if it never dries, can't put up with it around the house anymore. Must get DS3 to have a look at my washing machine filter, seems to be retaining water but can't get at it to empty it out, can't see any grunge but it is stopping during the wash so need to get something done....OH is useless with stuff like that so will not mention to him!
Had a bit of a look to-day for curtains for the kitchen, 3 windows (one over sink) and a door, so I think that I would really be better off making some but its a long time since I made curtains, checked out charity shop yesterday, but nothing that would do....
Dinner to-day was ham, turnip and potatoes, slice of brack for pudding...going to knit in a bit to get last grandchild knit finished.
Nicola....sorry to hear of the death of your dad and grandmother.
Enjoy your fireworks
MarieWeight 08 February 86kg0 -
Evening Ladies. Wonder if I am the only one staying in...
I just couldn't justify the cost of a bonfire ticket, just to get cold and wet!!0 -
I'm in no way I am going out, it too wet and cold, don't like fireworks any way, its very quiet round here, in a hamlet we do not hear much noise.
OH has just gone back to bed, he has been up for 4 hours since he had his nap, which is long enough for his second day at home.Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
Evening all,
Feeling a bit fed up off this evening.
Not a great day today, though I am sure there are others worse off....but I have had a really bad day at work, we have had a complete change of management due to company buyout so it looks like some of our jobs are on the line, mine included. Hate not really knowing whats going to happen, will probably spend the weekend worrying as we really don't need this now, money is very tight and looks like getting tighter.....
That, followed by a row with my 23 year old baby of the house did not help matters.....I know he is under pressure too at the moment with work but I feel that he is really taking advantage at the moment, our house looks like a garage forecourt and its really doing my head in.
On the plus side, my two darling doggies gave me their usual happy welcome, poor old Holly is now deaf as a post and although she cannot hear me come in, when she sees me her welcome is just so good...to think 10 years ago I could not have given a toss about having a dog, now we have these two, I would not be without them....at the time I definitely needed two more !!!!!es in the house to even up the numbers..
OS wise, I was so agitated when I got home I ran a wash, cleaned both the bathrooms from top to bottom, hoovered through downstairs and fed the dogs, all in an hour, wish I could do that every day.
Knackered now so we had a Tesco meal for 2 for 12.00, while it was good, not as good as a home cooked from scratch meal, but very passable, dessert is still in the fridge as we were both full, I am currently having a glass of vino as I type this, OH does not drink alcohol at all, which is just as well tonight, more for me.
Hope everyone is having a good evening whatever you decide to do, fireworks or not, its pity about the weather, seems we are going to get the tail end of Hurricane Thomas, so its batten down the hatches tonight.
NPM - love your music choices, I did not spend so much time choosing music when we got married, our first dance was chosen by OH, and it was 'Yesterday' by the Beatles.....I did not realise this, until we were dancing...but 26 years later we are still here!!.
Nicola....sorry about your dad and grandmother, stay strong, although it might not seem like it, things will get better.
Csarina...seems your OH is on the mend which is brilliant, make sure you look after yourself. Save some of those muffins for me please.
JackieG...hope the ear clears up soon.
For everyone I have forgotten or not mentioned, have a good evening, hugs to everyone, whether you need them or not.
CaitCait, at long last signing on:rotfl:0 -
Evening All
Another one here not going out to fireworks. Not overly bothered by them, standing at the moment gives me back ache, but we are surrounded by bangs and whoops, and no kids in the house, so giving it a miss.
Put a load of washing in and got it almost dry outside before it started raining. Went to the gym, that is twice this week girls, don't fall off your chairs. Not doing mega amounts, but 4 kilometers on the bike, and 2 kilometers walking is better than nothing. Came back and decided to made some pastry and make a meat pie for dinner, so added a load of veg to the mince I was going to cook in the SC before it's death, and I had ended up cooking in the microwave on simmer. Anyway made a 4 portion pie, have enough left for a 4 portion cobbler, I made enough pastry to put in the fridge for another pie, and a scone mix to make the cobbler with another day. Used the FP and for once my pastry was to die for, rare occasion I am renown for leathery pastry. I had also done a double batch of teacake dough in the BM, so have 16 of those to keep DH busy.
Not much on TV so having a mooch round on here.
Take care all
Belated birthday wishes to Zippy, and George, better not forget Bungle had I :rotfl:
DGMember #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards